THIS is why Christianity is the RIGHT religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-11-2014, 02:45 PM
RE: THIS is why Christianity is the RIGHT religion
Chas--There were tens of thousands of Christians there, and few of the "other".

Mr Woof--you are equivocating because you are mixing subjective and objective ethics here. Objective--it was "good to help out". Subjective--the reason so many Christians helped is not a good motivation. Either it was good to help or it wasn't. The reasons my family and friends gave for leaving for the Gulf included "these people need help" and "gosh, they have no homes..."

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2014, 02:49 PM
(04-11-2014 02:45 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Chas--There were tens of thousands of Christians there, and few of the "other".

Repeating that without substantiating it doesn't help your argument.

Do you suppose the proportion of Christians to non-Christians there to help was the same as in the general population? That is a truer measure than just numbers.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
06-11-2014, 10:41 AM
A very good point. Since I consider only born agains valid Christians, yes, there were many more born agains on the ground than not.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
06-11-2014, 10:51 AM
(06-11-2014 10:41 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  A very good point. Since I consider only born agains valid Christians, yes, there were many more born agains on the ground than not.

Your sentence is semantically odd, unless you mean very few were floating in the air. Consider

If what you actually meant was that there were more born-again Christians helping than others, you have yet to provide any substantiation of it.

06-11-2014, 11:46 AM
(06-11-2014 10:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:41 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  A very good point. Since I consider only born agains valid Christians, yes, there were many more born agains on the ground than not.

Your sentence is semantically odd, unless you mean very few were floating in the air. Consider

If what you actually meant was that there were more born-again Christians helping than others, you have yet to provide any substantiation of it.

Trans-substantiation no problemo, provided you already believe that's what's happening. What's substantiation? The BIBLE provides all the prood any thinking person needs.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-11-2014, 01:58 PM
(06-11-2014 10:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  

You must mean in the same way that you said certain organizations helped and I said, "From a distance without boots on the ground" and then you shifted to attack my position after my point was made.

Here's a helpful article for us:

http://www.orthodoxytoday.org/articles5/RNSKatrina.php

06-11-2014, 02:04 PM
(06-11-2014 01:58 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 10:51 AM)Chas Wrote:  Your sentence is semantically odd, unless you mean very few were floating in the air. Consider

You must mean in the same way that you said certain organizations helped and I said, "From a distance without boots on the ground" and then you shifted to attack my position after my point was made.

No, I didn't shift anything; I pointed out that they were actually there, e.g. Canada's help.

Please stop lying about what I did or didn't say.

10-11-2014, 02:38 PM
(06-11-2014 02:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 01:58 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  You must mean in the same way that you said certain organizations helped and I said, "From a distance without boots on the ground" and then you shifted to attack my position after my point was made.

No, I didn't shift anything; I pointed out that they were actually there, e.g. Canada's help.

No, you pointed to their help (originally) and I reminded you that thousands of Christians were there while some others including whole governments were represented in absentia.

10-11-2014, 05:05 PM
(10-11-2014 02:38 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(06-11-2014 02:04 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, I didn't shift anything; I pointed out that they were actually there, e.g. Canada's help.

No, you pointed to their help (originally) and I reminded you that thousands of Christians were there while some others including whole governments were represented in absentia.

You have yet to substantiate any of your claims. Canada's response.

10-11-2014, 09:44 PM
I'm pretty sure Abraham, David, Isaiah, Daniel, etc. knew the gospel to an extent and accepted it. Look at Genesis 22, Psalm 110, Isaiah 53, and Daniel 9:24-25.
Find all posts by this user