THIS is why Christianity is the RIGHT religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 11:16 AM
RE: THIS is why Christianity is the RIGHT religion
(14-10-2014 10:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 10:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  You say that like preaching is a good thing. It's not.

Their preaching has imperiled others' lives, as in Africa today.

How so? I'd like to hear more on this. Thanks.

Witch hunts and condom use - Google is your friend.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-10-2014, 11:23 AM
(14-10-2014 10:03 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm not sure if you are seeking a reply, but Luke 16 has a man in torment who is hardly in a BBQ pit. He is having a conversation with another person. He says he wants water and is thirsty, and he sees the error of his ways and asks Abraham to send witnesses to his brothers up above so they can avoid judgment. Overall, I tend to find that non-Christians constantly bring up hell because there are some downright medieval perceptions of it. The muslim hell is a REALLY bad place, though. That is a torture pit and one reason I would look askance at Islam.

As for the other thing you mentioned, Heaven is a place of forgiveness and acceptance. Whom have you raped and murdered? Likely no one, but if you say you are perfect, you remind me of all the people in prison today--they're all innocent, don't you know?
The problem with religion is things tend to go right over your head while your busy not questioning and simply accepting on faith... like Rahn127's post for example.

P.S. Any hell that isn't a really bad place isn't hell and you're just kidding yourself.

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
Find all posts by this user
14-10-2014, 11:23 AM
(13-10-2014 02:32 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Send her this: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=savior+gods

Bonus: Jesus was not the first of these, chronologically.

(13-10-2014 02:55 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  If atheists are certain religious people are deluded, perhaps they should preach publicly and try to rescue others from the religious world of bigotry, intolerance, hurt, oppression, etc.

Perhaps they are also bothered by people publicly preaching to others.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
14-10-2014, 12:04 PM
(14-10-2014 11:16 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 10:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  How so? I'd like to hear more on this. Thanks.

Witch hunts and condom use - Google is your friend.

Are you kidding? Even Google has some standards.

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
[+] 2 users Like Thinkerbelle's post
14-10-2014, 12:17 PM
(13-10-2014 02:28 PM)LadyWallFlower Wrote:  So I was talking to a family member yesterday and she was saying the thing that sets Christianity apart from every other religion is that Christianity has a savior. Every other religion need good works- such as not sinning or following some sort of rules.

Not only is that an extremely broad statement because there are tons of religions, but I think a lot of different religions actually do believe that their god is the loving savior.

She also said the old testament is there to show that we can never be good enough without Jesus. Facepalm

So basically, god waited all those years in the old testament before he sent Jesus, caused all that chaos (to say the least), let people get brutally punished and killed for not following his law...all so that he could make a fucking point.

Oh, well now I feel silly for being an atheist.
14-10-2014, 12:18 PM
Just stumbled on this thought she would like it. http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vz9L2EYjjsc
14-10-2014, 12:28 PM
(14-10-2014 10:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 10:29 AM)Chas Wrote:  You say that like preaching is a good thing. It's not.

Their preaching has imperiled others' lives, as in Africa today.

How so? I'd like to hear more on this. Thanks.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Muslims
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Hindus

Really wasn't that hard.

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
[+] 1 user Likes Winterwolf00's post
14-10-2014, 07:38 PM
(13-10-2014 02:55 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  There are more distinctives to Christianity that "a savior. For example, I only very rarely see non-Christians preaching publicly. If atheists are certain religious people are deluded, perhaps they should preach publicly and try to rescue others from the religious world of bigotry, intolerance, hurt, oppression, etc.

You can't convince someone to not believe something.
You can only get them to ask questions about their belief.
Some eventually figure it out.
14-10-2014, 08:20 PM
She worships a false god. The flying spaghetti monster boiled for her sins. He also has bigger meatballs than yahweh. This is a no brainer. REPENT.

Ramen.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
15-10-2014, 10:57 AM
(14-10-2014 11:23 AM)Impulse Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 10:03 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I'm not sure if you are seeking a reply, but Luke 16 has a man in torment who is hardly in a BBQ pit. He is having a conversation with another person. He says he wants water and is thirsty, and he sees the error of his ways and asks Abraham to send witnesses to his brothers up above so they can avoid judgment. Overall, I tend to find that non-Christians constantly bring up hell because there are some downright medieval perceptions of it. The muslim hell is a REALLY bad place, though. That is a torture pit and one reason I would look askance at Islam.

As for the other thing you mentioned, Heaven is a place of forgiveness and acceptance. Whom have you raped and murdered? Likely no one, but if you say you are perfect, you remind me of all the people in prison today--they're all innocent, don't you know?
The problem with religion is things tend to go right over your head while your busy not questioning and simply accepting on faith... like Rahn127's post for example.

P.S. Any hell that isn't a really bad place isn't hell and you're just kidding yourself.

Hell is a terrible place to be, yes. But hyperbole about it doesn't help my cause or that of an atheist. G.K. Chesterton called hell a compliment to the dignity of free will.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user