THIS is why Christianity is the RIGHT religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-10-2014, 11:18 AM
RE: THIS is why Christianity is the RIGHT religion
(14-10-2014 08:20 PM)Logisch Wrote:  She worships a false god. The flying spaghetti monster boiled for her sins. He also has bigger meatballs than yahweh. This is a no brainer. REPENT.

Ramen.

How do you know the flying spaghetti monster isn't a real god? Thumbsup

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-10-2014, 01:06 PM
(15-10-2014 10:57 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 11:23 AM)Impulse Wrote:  The problem with religion is things tend to go right over your head while your busy not questioning and simply accepting on faith... like Rahn127's post for example.

P.S. Any hell that isn't a really bad place isn't hell and you're just kidding yourself.

Hell is a terrible place to be, yes. But hyperbole about it doesn't help my cause or that of an atheist. G.K. Chesterton called hell a compliment to the dignity of free will.
It's actually an insult to free will if you think about it.
I'll show you.

Why does hell exist?

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
Find all posts by this user
15-10-2014, 01:41 PM
(15-10-2014 10:57 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Hell is a terrible place to be, yes. But hyperbole about it doesn't help my cause or that of an atheist. G.K. Chesterton called hell a compliment to the dignity of free will.

Please provide an example of what you call hyperbole regarding hell and what description of hell is more accurate to you?

I am not accountable to any God. I am accountable to myself - and not because I think I am God as some theists would try to assert - but because, no matter what actions I take, thoughts I think, or words I utter, I have to be able to live with myself.
15-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Catholicism is the epitome of this ludicrous way of thinking. Commit every deadly sin, break every commandment, then on Sunday simply confess that you so did, and voila! Everything's forgiven; don't worry about the killing, don't worry about the incest, don't worry about the infidelity. One would think that the "better religions" would be those that do require that one behaves morally.
15-10-2014, 08:07 PM
Let's say I magically take hell away and remove this Jesus fellow too.
We are left with a club called paradise and a bouncer named god.
If you're a bad guy, you don't get in.
If you've lead a good life, you get past the bouncer.

That imaginary scenario worked well for a while but it encouraged people who had been bad to keep on committing bad acts. "I'm not getting into heaven because of that thing I stole, or that woman I raped or that guy I killed. No reason for me to stop now."

Trying to mentally control the masses to maintain order is one thing and once it's works, you can now get into their wallets, but what about all those bad guys.

Let's introduce two new ideas. One is punishment after you die and the other gives the bad guys an incentive to be as evil as you want and you'll still get get into heaven, but ONLY if you pay the church money, then all is forgiven. (Oh and believe in jesus)

All of these concepts are just mental tools for manipulating the masses.

Can you not see that ?

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
15-10-2014, 08:11 PM
(15-10-2014 05:08 PM)Eve Libertine Wrote:  Catholicism is the epitome of this ludicrous way of thinking. Commit every deadly sin, break every commandment, then on Sunday simply confess that you so did, and voila! Everything's forgiven; don't worry about the killing, don't worry about the incest, don't worry about the infidelity. One would think that the "better religions" would be those that do require that one behaves morally.

Some of the Protestant denomination do not require more than saying you believe. The phrase is usually "I am saved" or "I have accepted Jesus as my personal savior"
15-10-2014, 08:23 PM
(14-10-2014 10:04 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 04:18 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  Uh-huh. And by any chance, are you in a nation where the large majority of people are some flavor of Christian (suggesting more numbers and funds to draw preachers from), and where anyone publicly displaying or proselytizing a different faith-position is far more likely be, and in the past have been, subject to ostracism, harassment, persecution, and violence?

If you're in the US, then the answer is "yes", and I would suggest that this dynamic might have more to do with who you do and don't see preaching, than anything to do with the substance of their religious beliefs.

If you have an example anywhere else in the world where one can go and watch Moslem, Hindu, Buddhist, etc. preachers please share it--and I think you have forgotten (may I respectfully remind you?) that Christians for 2,000 years have preached worldwide at peril of their lives.

Care to support that. Dr. Candida Moss, a Professor at Notre Dame (Catholic institution) wrote a book about the MYTH of Christian persecution. Have you read it ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
15-10-2014, 09:20 PM
...but what about Joseph Smith? Where would we be without him? (Sarcasm)

"If you cannot explain it simply, you don't understand it enough" -Albert Einstein
16-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Us pastafarians (at least some of us) believe the FSM is the loving savior. He boiled for our sins.
16-10-2014, 01:38 PM
(15-10-2014 08:23 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(14-10-2014 10:04 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  If you have an example anywhere else in the world where one can go and watch Moslem, Hindu, Buddhist, etc. preachers please share it--and I think you have forgotten (may I respectfully remind you?) that Christians for 2,000 years have preached worldwide at peril of their lives.

Care to support that. Dr. Candida Moss, a Professor at Notre Dame (Catholic institution) wrote a book about the MYTH of Christian persecution. Have you read it ?

Sorry I wasn't more specific. I should have written "preached the gospel of faith without works". For those who preached that, even the Roman "church" killed born agains by the thousands. I didn't read Moss's book, but would assert in agreement with you and her that the Roman "church" ruled Europe far more than it was persecuted there!

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.