THIS is why Christianity is the RIGHT religion

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2014, 06:47 AM
RE: THIS is why Christianity is the RIGHT religion
(16-10-2014 02:34 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Who went swimming? Who swam too far beyond their ability? Who disregarded the life guard's warnings?

You're putting the cart before the horse. Your analogy only makes sense if you assume that someone is drowning in a lake in the first place.

A skeptic doesn't even acknowledge the lake. All they see is a claim from the Christian that there is a lake and that the skeptic needs to be rescued from it. Standing from the outside, it looks a lot like a Mafia protection racket. You have to prove your claim before we'll take it seriously.

[Image: bijjmdxceaazpng-jpg-large.jpeg?w=640]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like RobbyPants's post
17-10-2014, 10:31 AM
(16-10-2014 01:41 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(15-10-2014 01:06 PM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  It's actually an insult to free will if you think about it.
I'll show you.

Why does hell exist?

I would say so that people who choose not to go to Heaven (or to the coming new universe, throughout which there will be no unredeemed persons) have a place to go. "Out". Free will.

However, I'm very curious about your idea here and would love to hear more. Where are you going with this? How can we make hell and lack of free will "work"?

Thanks.
Except that no one chooses to go to hell. Ever.
Noone ever chooses eternal suffering, to claim such is dishonest.

Where I'm going with this is that I've always heard that hell exists because sin cannot enter heaven.
Do you agree with this?

Trouble rather the tiger in his lair than the sage among his books. For to you kingdoms and their armies are things mighty and enduring, but to him they are but toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger.”

― Gordon R. Dickson
20-10-2014, 11:19 AM
(17-10-2014 10:31 AM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  
(16-10-2014 01:41 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I would say so that people who choose not to go to Heaven (or to the coming new universe, throughout which there will be no unredeemed persons) have a place to go. "Out". Free will.

However, I'm very curious about your idea here and would love to hear more. Where are you going with this? How can we make hell and lack of free will "work"?

Thanks.
Except that no one chooses to go to hell. Ever.

Where I'm going with this is that I've always heard that hell exists because sin cannot enter heaven.
Do you agree with this?

I respectfully disagree. Sin can enter heaven and sinners can enter heaven. Long-term living there or in the new Earth that is coming isn't for sinners, however. A utopian society would not include rape, thieves, murderers, etc. Thanks.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-10-2014, 11:55 AM
(20-10-2014 11:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I respectfully disagree. Sin can enter heaven and sinners can enter heaven. Long-term living there or in the new Earth that is coming isn't for sinners, however.

What evidence do you have for this?

(20-10-2014 11:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  A utopian society would not include rape, thieves, murderers, etc. Thanks.

Then why wouldn't God explicitly forbid rape?
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
20-10-2014, 12:41 PM
(20-10-2014 11:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-10-2014 10:31 AM)Winterwolf00 Wrote:  Except that no one chooses to go to hell. Ever.

Do you agree with this?

I respectfully disagree. Sin can enter heaven and sinners can enter heaven. Long-term living there or in the new Earth that is coming isn't for sinners, however. A utopian society would not include rape, thieves, murderers, etc. Thanks.

Yet Yahweh murders some 2-24 million people in the OT alone. Strange that.Drinking Beverage

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
20-10-2014, 01:06 PM
(20-10-2014 12:41 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Yet Yahweh murders some 2-24 million people in the OT alone. Strange that.Drinking Beverage

It's not murder when YHWH does it cuz God.

(The actual apologetic is "Murder is an unjust killing. God's killings are just".)
20-10-2014, 01:19 PM
(20-10-2014 01:06 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(20-10-2014 12:41 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Yet Yahweh murders some 2-24 million people in the OT alone. Strange that.Drinking Beverage

It's not murder when YHWH does it cuz God.

(The actual apologetic is "Murder is an unjust killing. God's killings are just".)

Which is hilarious because I can think of a dozen off the top of my head that are only just if you subscribe to divine command theory one of the most immoral systems of "justice" ever to be shat out a persons mouth.

I do enjoy watching the gymnastics necessary for Christians to make their silly bullshit "make sense". To them. To only ever them. Heh.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
21-10-2014, 11:53 AM
(20-10-2014 01:19 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  
(20-10-2014 01:06 PM)RobbyPants Wrote:  It's not murder when YHWH does it cuz God.

Which is hilarious because I can think of a dozen off the top of my head that are only just if you subscribe to divine command theory one of the most immoral systems of "justice" ever to be shat out a persons mouth.

I do enjoy watching the gymnastics necessary for Christians to make their silly bullshit "make sense". To them. To only ever them. Heh.

I'd redact that a bit. It's not gymnastics:

Murder is when the created kills the created.

Wrath/judgment/justified/I'm God you're not (don't really care if you whine about the might makes right argument!) is when the creator kills the created.

WAIT! Before you fire back: have you had your pet spayed/neutered? Smile

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
21-10-2014, 11:55 AM
(21-10-2014 11:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(20-10-2014 01:19 PM)WhiskeyDebates Wrote:  Which is hilarious because I can think of a dozen off the top of my head that are only just if you subscribe to divine command theory one of the most immoral systems of "justice" ever to be shat out a persons mouth.

I'd redact that a bit. It's not gymnastics:

Murder is when the created kills the created.

Wrath/judgment/justified/I'm God you're not (don't really care if you whine about the might makes right argument!) is when the creator kills the created.

WAIT! Before you fire back: have you had your pet spayed/neutered? Smile

By that logic a parent could kill their kids, legally and morally. Sounds messed up to me.
21-10-2014, 11:56 AM
(20-10-2014 11:55 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(20-10-2014 11:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  I respectfully disagree. Sin can enter heaven and sinners can enter heaven. Long-term living there or in the new Earth that is coming isn't for sinners, however.

What evidence do you have for this?

**Do you mean textual evidence or anecdotal evidence about God's kingdom works on Earth? Or the written testimony of the Lord of the living and the dead?

(20-10-2014 11:19 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  A utopian society would not include rape, thieves, murderers, etc. Thanks.

Then why wouldn't God explicitly forbid rape?

**Have you read in the Bible about the conscience? Conscience convicts sinners of sin apart from law, as in Romans 5 for one example. The fact that an atheist knows and testifies that rape is wrong (majority of them) shows the natural law fact of it... do you agree?