TN: New Gun Measure Passed House After 6 Minute Hearing

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-02-2013, 06:49 PM
TN: New Gun Measure Passed House After 6 Minute Hearing
Article here. Tennessee's House passed a new bill which would prevent schools and businesses from barring firearms in their parking lots. While many here may describe me as "pro-gun" I am not entirely on-board with this new measure. While I would like to see all schools and businesses who receive federal funds be forced to have no "gun-free" zones, I would be pretty damn pissed if I had my own business without help from Uncle Sam and they forced me to allow something I didn't want. That is bullshit. Ironically one big business in Tennessee who has made it clear that they don't support this bill is Federal Express, a private company who isn't in the least bit Federal aside from their name. FedEx is based out of Memphis, Tn.

On a personal note I will be glad that I can at least drive to school with my pistol locked in my car. An earlier incident happened in which I could have really used my pistol for protection occurred, but sadly I had to leave it at home, call the cops and hope that they got there before some girl could be "seriously" sexually assaulted, or abused. Fortunately I wasn't forced to risk my life as there happened to be a cop not too far away, but next time, who knows? I live in a very large county with very few people, so cops usually aren't there when you need 'em.

A penny for your thoughts?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-02-2013, 07:21 PM
RE: TN: New Gun Measure Passed House After 6 Minute Hearing
(13-02-2013 06:49 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Article here. Tennessee's House passed a new bill which would prevent schools and businesses from barring firearms in their parking lots. While many here may describe me as "pro-gun" I am not entirely on-board with this new measure. While I would like to see all schools and businesses who receive federal funds be forced to have no "gun-free" zones, I would be pretty damn pissed if I had my own business without help from Uncle Sam and they forced me to allow something I didn't want. That is bullshit. Ironically one big business in Tennessee who has made it clear that they don't support this bill is Federal Express, a private company who isn't in the least bit Federal aside from their name. FedEx is based out of Memphis, Tn.

On a personal note I will be glad that I can at least drive to school with my pistol locked in my car. An earlier incident happened in which I could have really used my pistol for protection occurred, but sadly I had to leave it at home, call the cops and hope that they got there before some girl could be "seriously" sexually assaulted, or abused. Fortunately I wasn't forced to risk my life as there happened to be a cop not too far away, but next time, who knows? I live in a very large county with very few people, so cops usually aren't there when you need 'em.

A penny for your thoughts?

I am on board with the legality of having a firearm safely locked in my car regardless of where I am.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
13-02-2013, 07:33 PM
(13-02-2013 07:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  I am on board with the legality of having a firearm safely locked in my car regardless of where I am.
As far as I know there is no requirement in the bill that requires the car to be locked, though I don't know who would honestly knowingly leave their car unlocked with a gun in it, but even in said circumstance I don't know how you'd go about punishing someone for being robbed, even if they were dumb enough to knowingly leave their car unlocked. I doubt this will change your mind, I just thought it was worth mentioning.

14-02-2013, 06:28 AM
(13-02-2013 07:33 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(13-02-2013 07:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  I am on board with the legality of having a firearm safely locked in my car regardless of where I am.
As far as I know there is no requirement in the bill that requires the car to be locked, though I don't know who would honestly knowingly leave their car unlocked with a gun in it, but even in said circumstance I don't know how you'd go about punishing someone for being robbed, even if they were dumb enough to knowingly leave their car unlocked. I doubt this will change your mind, I just thought it was worth mentioning.
It's already legal in Tennessee, they're just removing the exclusions of place.

14-02-2013, 07:17 AM
Oh, why, why, why can't I have a gun, even better 2 guns, stuck in my belt when I walk into a school or to my office?

Why do I have to lock my beloved guns into the car?

It is so unfair!

Huh
14-02-2013, 07:18 AM
(14-02-2013 07:17 AM)Zat Wrote:  ...
Oh, why, why, why can't I have a gun, even better 2 guns, stuck in my belt when I walk into a school or to my office?

Why do I have to lock my beloved guns into the car?

It is so unfair!

Huh

Because carrying a gun in your belt is unsafe; use a holster. Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
14-02-2013, 07:24 AM
(14-02-2013 07:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  Because carrying a gun in your belt is unsafe; use a holster. Drinking Beverage
But, don't I have a constitutional right to be stupid and dangerous?

So many people are -- why not me? Sad
14-02-2013, 08:20 AM
All this kind of stuff does is encourages individuals to dish out vigilante justice if they see fit. And the average person sucks at making judgement calls
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/oscar-pisto...46774.html

Oops, thought something bad was about to happen so I shot that creepy guy walking towards the school door. Too bad he was just some kids dad.

Evolve
14-02-2013, 08:26 AM
And for the record, I am not saying everyone toting a gun would make such a mistake. But I am from Tennessee and I know the average intelligence level and the level at which people reason through problems. For a lot of people there, it is shoot first and ask questions later. Never mind calling cops, they will just get in your way from dishing out your form of justice.

This won't help crime and it won't deter, prevent, or help any situation in which someone with a gun goes to a school to do something terrible.

Evolve
14-02-2013, 08:53 AM
(14-02-2013 08:26 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  But I am from Tennessee and I know the average intelligence level and the level at which people reason through problems. For a lot of people there, it is shoot first and ask questions later. Never mind calling cops, they will just get in your way from dishing out your form of justice.
Thanks for reminding me why I prefer to live in Canada.

I will now go outside and kiss the ground (if I find it under the snow!) Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Zat's post