TOWER OF NONSENSE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2014, 10:32 AM
TOWER OF NONSENSE
Embarrassing tale of biblical nonsense is the construction of the Tower of Babel in (Genesis 11). Everyone on earth spoke the same language when the erection of the tower began. Because the people of earth had a great desire to catch a glimpse of God, they built this supposed tower intending to breach the sky. As God didn’t like the possibility of people spotting him, he confused their languages to prevent the architects from understanding one another. Unable to continue construction, everyone with different languages went separate ways. We know that many different languages existed centuries before the story’s setting around 2500-2000 BCE. Noah’s sons separated according to their own tongues in (Genesis 10). the notion that nineteenth century man had the architectural knowledge to build a tower even a mile high is ridiculous. To fathom that a group of ignorant ancient Hebrews could make an equivalent accomplishment is ludicrous. If god didn’t want the people to see him, he wouldn’t have provided the means for them to do so. God’s supposed fear of us actually reaching him in the sky. To suggest that an omniscient god would destroy a building because he felt he was in danger of humans catching a glimpse of him is stupid. once again going back to the ancient Hebrew belief that God eternally resided on top of a dome covering the earth. Since an omniscient deity would know that the people could not possibly reach him, he would not have stopped the tower’s construction for the specific reason provided by the Bible. The story cries of a myth..
And to further say that theres alot of problems of all the translations that are in the bible, and all the fights and wars because of misinterpretation in the bibles we should blame your god for confusing their language, thus different languages in the world.
LETS TALK!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2014, 10:48 AM
RE: TOWER OF NONSENSE
God had no problem letting me on an airplane the other week. I'm sure that goes higher than any tower that people are capable of building.
[+] 2 users Like TheStraightener's post
13-01-2014, 10:54 AM
the people that wrote the bible actually thought that heaven was in the clouds!.. ha!
[+] 2 users Like truthBtold's post
13-01-2014, 10:54 AM
AND!!!!!

Made further nonsense in light of how much further than the "tower of bable" modern people have reached into the sky, and far far beyond even that into space. Yet "God" is not now smacking down our skyscrapers, observatory telescopes, satellites, space shuttles, space stations, Lunar and Martian rovers, space probes, and especially our voyagers.

Why was he so worried by that one tiny tower from thousands of years ago, but could careless now?

13-01-2014, 11:28 AM
If you talk to my uber-religious, Jehovah's Witness, insane grandmother...

She'd say "Neil Armstrong was a trespasser... He shouldn't have walked on God's moon."

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Sam's post
13-01-2014, 01:39 PM
(13-01-2014 10:54 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Why was he so worried by that one tiny tower from thousands of years ago, but could careless now?

Rolleyes It was like, metaphorical or some shit like that... Can't have men gettin' too cocky.

I can picture some visionary architect guy getting all keen to build something amazing and talking a bunch of guys into it, and yeah, you know, he works and he works and somehow he doesn't get everything *quite* right, and all the nay-sayers and arseholes who never do anything are sitting on their bums watching the whole thing come down in a cloud of dust and they're saying 'you see, I told you so, it were against God what he done'... Fucking hypothetical douchebags Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-01-2014, 02:03 PM
(13-01-2014 11:28 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  If you talk to my uber-religious, Jehovah's Witness, insane grandmother...

She'd say "Neil Armstrong was a trespasser... He shouldn't have walked on God's moon."

I think she took it several steps further than the witnesses.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
13-01-2014, 02:04 PM
If it did exist it couldn't have been very high... Built from stone they'd be lucky to build something as high as a smallish skyscraper.

I suppose they could put a radio tower on top to get a few extra feet.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
13-01-2014, 02:05 PM
DON'T FORGET!!!

Different languages came to be the way they are because of it...

...except not really. Blush

Moral of the story: you want a new language?? ANGER YOUR GOD. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
13-01-2014, 02:16 PM
(13-01-2014 02:05 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  DON'T FORGET!!!

Different languages came to be the way they are because of it...

...except not really. Blush

Moral of the story: you want a new language?? ANGER YOUR GOD. Big Grin

Be careful, he might murder your son...

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]