TPP

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2013, 01:14 PM
RE: TPP
(31-03-2013 01:07 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 01:05 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  ...
no one is free to pursue the best course for themselves.

... and a good thing too, I can't help thinking.

Big Grin

Well, if you'd put down the gun, maybe you could figure out some other way to keep people from prospering at the expense of others. I'm not suggesting that people be allowed to muck run through everyone elses house but frankly, the way things are structured now, we are guaranteed that those who would muck run through your house are the very one's who are supposed to be stopping that from happening. Don't like corporations and their predations? Thank the state for creating the vehicle they use to run you over.

When you only have a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail. But if you put down the hammer, you'll find a creative and less destructive way to solve problems. The same goes for the gun.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2013, 01:44 PM
(31-03-2013 01:14 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 01:07 PM)DLJ Wrote:  ... and a good thing too, I can't help thinking.

Big Grin

Well, if you'd put down the gun, maybe you could figure out some other way to keep people from prospering at the expense of others. I'm not suggesting that people be allowed to muck run through everyone elses house but frankly, the way things are structured now, we are guaranteed that those who would muck run through your house are the very one's who are supposed to be stopping that from happening. Don't like corporations and their predations? Thank the state for creating the vehicle they use to run you over.

When you only have a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail. But if you put down the hammer, you'll find a creative and less destructive way to solve problems. The same goes for the gun.

Personally, I don't have a gun or a hammer or a house.
In fact, I'm not even sure I have a state.

Got me worried now.

Find all posts by this user
31-03-2013, 01:49 PM
(31-03-2013 01:44 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 01:14 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Well, if you'd put down the gun, maybe you could figure out some other way to keep people from prospering at the expense of others. I'm not suggesting that people be allowed to muck run through everyone elses house but frankly, the way things are structured now, we are guaranteed that those who would muck run through your house are the very one's who are supposed to be stopping that from happening. Don't like corporations and their predations? Thank the state for creating the vehicle they use to run you over.

Personally, I don't have a gun or a hammer or a house.
In fact, I'm not even sure I have a state.

Got me worried now.

You're in a state of nature...

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post