TSA Confiscates 3391 Handguns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2017, 06:29 AM
TSA Confiscates 3391 Handguns
TSA confiscated 3391 handguns in 2016 from passengers checking into the secure area of US airports.

http://blog.tsa.gov/

I wonder how many people end up doing time over this??

I know it can happen - I did it myself once back in the early 80's (before the whole world became one big panic fest).

I discovered the gun in my pocket (where I carried it, in Alaska) -- after I'd left a secure area of the airport -- and was going back in... (I'd gone through one metal detector in Anchorage -- without tripping the metal detector).

I found the airport security office and explained what had happened. They took my gun, unloaded it - found my checked luggage -- and put it in there for the rest of the trip.

They weren't concerned - as it was obvious that I wasn't purposely breaking any laws. They considered intent -- which is something that should ALWAYS be considered in such situations.

I'd imagine these days, crucifixion is a more likely outcome.

Rolleyes

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-01-2017, 06:39 AM
RE: TSA Confiscates 3391 Handguns
(13-01-2017 06:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  TSA confiscated 3391 handguns in 2016 from passengers checking into the secure area of US airports.

I know it can happen - I did it myself once back in the early 80's (before the whole world became one big panic fest).

I discovered the gun in my pocket (where I carried it, in Alaska) -- after I'd left a secure area of the airport -- and was going back in... (I'd gone through one metal detector in Anchorage -- without tripping the metal detector).

I found the airport security office and explained what had happened. They took my gun, unloaded it - found my checked luggage -- and put it in there for the rest of the trip.

They weren't concerned - as it was obvious that I wasn't purposely breaking any laws. They considered intent -- which is something that should ALWAYS be considered in such situations.

Rolleyes

Crucifixion is performed on a cross and therefore might be offensive to some people. They'd have to nail you on something less controversial.

'Murican Canadian
13-01-2017, 07:09 AM
(13-01-2017 06:39 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Crucifixion is performed on a cross and therefore might be offensive to some people. They'd have to nail you on something less controversial.

Like a doughnut.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
13-01-2017, 07:19 AM
(13-01-2017 06:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  ...
They weren't concerned - as it was obvious that I wasn't purposely breaking any laws.

Are you white?

Angel

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
13-01-2017, 07:27 AM
It must be hard living in Rwanda. Sad

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
13-01-2017, 07:38 AM
(13-01-2017 07:19 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 06:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  ...
They weren't concerned - as it was obvious that I wasn't purposely breaking any laws.

Are you white?

Angel

Nope....

Edgar Winter is.

But not me....

I'm sorta an off-beige sorta color...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
13-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Oh, you're a honky.
13-01-2017, 11:28 AM
(13-01-2017 06:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  TSA confiscated 3391 handguns in 2016 from passengers checking into the secure area of US airports.

Rolleyes

Maybe you should just... mail the gun to where you're going in advance? Problem solved.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
13-01-2017, 12:32 PM
(13-01-2017 06:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I wonder how many people end up doing time over this??

I discovered the gun in my pocket [...]

Lemme get this straight... you apparently forgot you had a loaded handgun in your pocket—you "discovered" it later on? Seriously?

Dodgy

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
13-01-2017, 12:58 PM
(13-01-2017 11:28 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  

Rolleyes

Maybe you should just... mail the gun to where you're going in advance? Problem solved.

You cannot mail a handgun with the USPS, and you can only ship a handgun to a FFL (dealer).

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post