TSA Confiscates 3391 Handguns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2017, 01:03 PM
RE: TSA Confiscates 3391 Handguns
(13-01-2017 12:32 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 06:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I wonder how many people end up doing time over this??

I know it can happen - I did it myself once back in the early 80's (before the whole world became one big panic fest).

I discovered the gun in my pocket [...]

Lemme get this straight... you apparently forgot you had a loaded handgun in your pocket—you "discovered" it later on? Seriously?

Dodgy

I'm sure it sounds silly but like always carrying anything else, you get used to it.

I've got a friend who also works as an air marshall, his job was to travel from airport to airport. Once on a family vacation they were running late and he forgot to leave his gun at home.

It was discovered when he went through security (actually TSA and he noticed at the same time). He wasn't arrested, but he did have to talk to them for a while. Eventually they allowed him on the plane and the gun was placed in his baggage.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2017, 01:44 PM
(13-01-2017 12:32 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 06:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I wonder how many people end up doing time over this??

I know it can happen - I did it myself once back in the early 80's (before the whole world became one big panic fest).

I discovered the gun in my pocket [...]

Lemme get this straight... you apparently forgot you had a loaded handgun in your pocket—you "discovered" it later on? Seriously?

Dodgy

I put the jacket on - and the gun was already IN the pocket. So yeah - it was easy to miss - it was a small gun.......

Funny -- people who are against people carrying guns think that those people carrying guns are constantly looking for a reason to use it. When the person carrying the gun is so used to carrying the gun that they never even think about the gun --- that's somehow a problem too.......

They'll only be satisfied when everyone bows down to their desires, and everyone runs around unarmed... (Except for muggers, rapists and murderers of course....)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-01-2017, 04:54 AM
I wonder what happens when Americans forget to leave their gun at home and they try flying to a country with strict gun laws. It's not like the gun can be put in their hold luggage either.

Or for that matter, how many Americans pack a gun in their suitcases and then get stopped and lose the gun after flying into the UK etc. That would be an unpleasant start to a trip.
14-01-2017, 05:05 AM
(13-01-2017 12:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 11:28 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Maybe you should just... mail the gun to where you're going in advance? Problem solved.

You cannot mail a handgun with the USPS, and you can only ship a handgun to a FFL (dealer).

Chad, seriously mate. Smile

Perhaps Fed-Ex?

Of course I'm sure for a few bucks one can get someone to take it for one? Consider

If Zappa's Muffin Man was available....

The end is listless.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
14-01-2017, 05:09 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2017 05:14 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(13-01-2017 01:44 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Funny -- people who are against people carrying guns think that those people carrying guns are constantly looking for a reason to use it. When the person carrying the gun is so used to carrying the gun that they never even think about the gun --- that's somehow a problem too.......

Uh, forgetting that you have a loaded firearm just lying around in a coat pocket? That the presence of a tool, indeed a weapon, capable of ending a human life in a fraction of a second (through malice or negligence)? That such a thing becomes so blasé so as to be forgotten about?

That is, in and of itself, it's own kind of terrifying proposition. That level of negligence borders on involuntary manslaughter. Much like with a car or motorcycle, it's when you stop respecting it that it bites you in the ass; and just as often, takes others (through no fault of their own) along with you for the shit show.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 4 users Like EvolutionKills's post
14-01-2017, 05:34 AM
(14-01-2017 05:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 01:44 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Funny -- people who are against people carrying guns think that those people carrying guns are constantly looking for a reason to use it. When the person carrying the gun is so used to carrying the gun that they never even think about the gun --- that's somehow a problem too.......

Uh, forgetting that you have a loaded firearm just lying around in a coat pocket? That the presence of a tool, indeed a weapon, capable of ending a human life in a fraction of a second (through malice or negligence)? That such a thing becomes so blasé so as to be forgotten about?

That is, in and of itself, it's own kind of terrifying proposition. That level of negligence borders on involuntary manslaughter. Much like with a car or motorcycle, it's when you stop respecting it that it bites you in the ass; and just as often, takes others (through no fault of their own) along with you for the shit show.

Yeah - guns just jump out and start shooting people all on their own..... It's magic....

Nobody else but me had access to my shit - so your blathering is just that - blathering...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-01-2017, 05:38 AM
(14-01-2017 05:05 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 12:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  You cannot mail a handgun with the USPS, and you can only ship a handgun to a FFL (dealer).

Chad, seriously mate. Smile

Perhaps Fed-Ex?

Of course I'm sure for a few bucks one can get someone to take it for one? Consider

If Zappa's Muffin Man was available....

The end is listless.

Dude -- you can't DHL, UPS, FedEx or ANY other "mail" system to move a firearm EXCEPT from on federal firearm license dealer, to another FFL...

The guns must be checked into the "bound book" at point of origin, and at point of arrival.

Generally -- FFL's charge $25 for the handling -- at each end.

SO - yeah -- you CAN "mail" a gun --- for 50 bucks a piece PLUS shipping......

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-01-2017, 05:48 AM
How close is it, can you throw it? Blink

Americans, I'm yankin' ya chain. Big Grin

Just having a joke. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
14-01-2017, 05:51 AM
yankin' the yanks, eh???

Tongue

14-01-2017, 05:54 AM
I'm a bit slow, you know? Smile

Banjo.