TSA Confiscates 3391 Handguns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2017, 07:00 AM
RE: TSA Confiscates 3391 Handguns
(14-01-2017 06:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I dunno if I'd call dying in a bullet riddled car, "successful".....
[Image: death-car-part-III.jpg&w=300&...p;amp;zc=1]

They don't make movies about people who die peacefully in their sleep Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2017, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 14-01-2017 08:33 AM by Popeye's Pappy.)
(14-01-2017 05:38 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Dude -- you can't DHL, UPS, FedEx or ANY other "mail" system to move a firearm EXCEPT from on federal firearm license dealer, to another FFL...

The guns must be checked into the "bound book" at point of origin, and at point of arrival.

Generally -- FFL's charge $25 for the handling -- at each end.

SO - yeah -- you CAN "mail" a gun --- for 50 bucks a piece PLUS shipping......

I realize that state rules vary widely, but have they changed the federal rules recently? Used to be non FFL's could ship guns to non FFL's in state and to FFL's out of state. You could also ship guns to yourself out of state care of someone else, but the person on the receiving end isn't supposed to open the package. Just take possession of it.

It's been several years since I shipped a gun as a non FFL, but if I remember correctly FedEx was the only carrier that would do non FFL firearms shipments.

Edited to add this current ATF Q&A that applies.
https://www.atf.gov/file/61721/download

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
14-01-2017, 08:38 AM
(13-01-2017 06:29 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  TSA confiscated 3391 handguns in 2016 from passengers checking into the secure area of US airports.

http://blog.tsa.gov/

I wonder how many people end up doing time over this??

I know it can happen - I did it myself once back in the early 80's (before the whole world became one big panic fest).

I discovered the gun in my pocket (where I carried it, in Alaska) -- after I'd left a secure area of the airport -- and was going back in... (I'd gone through one metal detector in Anchorage -- without tripping the metal detector).

I found the airport security office and explained what had happened. They took my gun, unloaded it - found my checked luggage -- and put it in there for the rest of the trip.

They weren't concerned - as it was obvious that I wasn't purposely breaking any laws. They considered intent -- which is something that should ALWAYS be considered in such situations.

I'd imagine these days, crucifixion is a more likely outcome.

Rolleyes

Bullshit! "I didn't know it was a 25mph school zone officer". Any idiot with google can look up what is allowed and not allowed and find the laws as to legal transportation on line.

It's a fucking gun asshole, not a toy.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-01-2017, 08:40 AM
If you think guns should be taken seriously, the lack of thinking things through says alot about why you should not have them. You behave like a fucking teen driver with a learner's permit. Now please be an asshole once again and falsely equate my blasphemy of your bullshit argument as "BAN EVERY SINGLE FIREARM".

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
14-01-2017, 08:48 AM
Guns are not the only objects confiscated dumbass. You also have to declare transport of other things too.

14-01-2017, 08:50 AM
This is why Kim Jong-il was afraid of flying.

And everything is a toy depending on context, including but not limited to speeding cars in school zones and guns.

'Murican Canadian
14-01-2017, 09:40 AM
(14-01-2017 06:58 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 05:34 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Yeah - guns just jump out and start shooting people all on their own..... It's magic....

Nobody else but me had access to my shit - so your blathering is just that - blathering...

See that? That's why I can't stand some gun owners. You don't get to use 'I forgot I had it on me' as a hand wavy excuse followed by deriding other people's concern at your admitted negligence with a loaded firearm. Sure, only you have access to your shit; until you don't, or you forget. It's the forgetting part that bothers me. The fact that the existence of your firearm had become so bland as to be forgotten? No matter how you look at it, that is very concerning. Accidents happen when people forget important shit like that, and as is often the case, they don't just hurt themselves with their own negligence. And where firearms are concerned, accidents can easily be fatal.

"When the person carrying the gun is so used to carrying the gun that they never even think about the gun"

That you give so little of a shit about that, does nothing to allay concerns; it only exacerbates them. That you can be so utterly dismissive in passing is astonishing.

I don't want to take away your fucking guns, but your damn right I don't want you forgetting you fucking have one on you! Holy shit, is that such a hard concept to grasp!?

Ya know what??

I already had one mother....

So, the job's been taken....

Go worry somewhere else...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-01-2017, 09:45 AM
(14-01-2017 07:00 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 06:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I dunno if I'd call dying in a bullet riddled car, "successful".....
[Image: death-car-part-III.jpg&w=300&...p;amp;zc=1]

They don't make movies about people who die peacefully in their sleep Big Grin

And if I get through life without somebody making a movie about me, I'll be really OK with that.............................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
14-01-2017, 09:47 AM
Dodgy

It's so nice to see this thread not turn into another gun-themed pissing match.

Can't we just rerun the same thread over and over?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
14-01-2017, 09:48 AM
Biker also suffers from the same selection bias and sample rate error as theists do with religion.

Blaspheming religion does not mean you want to outlaw it.

Have you even considered the larger number of people who manage to find out the law FIRST who successfully and legally transport their firearms? I am sure that number is far larger than the amount taken away.

You are focused on your bullshit love of guns, and or even the cost of the object, just like a teen driver stupidly thinks if they get away with speeding the cop is always wrong for giving them a ticket.

"I didn't mean to" isn't a mentality you have with a gun.