TSA Confiscates 3391 Handguns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2017, 11:28 AM
RE: TSA Confiscates 3391 Handguns
(14-01-2017 09:48 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Biker also suffers from the same selection bias and sample rate error as theists do with religion.

Blaspheming religion does not mean you want to outlaw it.

Have you even considered the larger number of people who manage to find out the law FIRST who successfully and legally transport their firearms? I am sure that number is far larger than the amount taken away.

You are focused on your bullshit love of guns, and or even the cost of the object, just like a teen driver stupidly thinks if they get away with speeding the cop is always wrong for giving them a ticket.

"I didn't mean to" isn't a mentality you have with a gun.

And YOU never made a mistake.......

And if you did - I'm sure you didn't learn from it.

I carried a gun through airport security... Yup... I fucked up....

I admitted to it --- I "manned up" -- admitted my mistake and went to security......

I didn't try to hide my fuckup....

And I learned from it.......

There were no repercussions -- nobody got hurt -- nobody was in danger, nothing bad happened.....

This happened over 30 years ago......

I haven't made the same mistake.

So - you're fucking perfect???????

Fucking whatever....

I'm even man enough to admit I fucked up - when I don't need to..... Like here......

You think I didn't know you were going to go off on a nut????

LOL

Who didn't learn???

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-01-2017, 02:49 PM
(14-01-2017 11:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 09:48 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Biker also suffers from the same selection bias and sample rate error as theists do with religion.

Blaspheming religion does not mean you want to outlaw it.

Have you even considered the larger number of people who manage to find out the law FIRST who successfully and legally transport their firearms? I am sure that number is far larger than the amount taken away.

You are focused on your bullshit love of guns, and or even the cost of the object, just like a teen driver stupidly thinks if they get away with speeding the cop is always wrong for giving them a ticket.

"I didn't mean to" isn't a mentality you have with a gun.

And YOU never made a mistake.......

I admitted to it --- I "manned up" -- admitted my mistake and went to security......

There were no repercussions -- nobody got hurt -- nobody was in danger, nothing bad happened.....

Fucking whatever....

I'm even man enough to admit I fucked up - when I don't need to..... Like here......

LOL

Who didn't learn???

I think the point is that innocent people die every day because of the exact same kind of mistake that you made. Just because nobody did that one time doesn't mean that it's not an obvious reminder that you can't just laugh at it and sweep it under the rug.

Gun rights activists love to talk about how responsible they are, therefore...yada yada.

You fucked up, I'm glad it didn't turn out worse, but it easily could have, and you not acknowledging that is what the whole gun problem boils down to.

You've just proved the point.

But you seem to love your guns more than common sense, so I'll just expect a disparaging reply instead of a reasoned one. Feel free to prove me wrong.
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
14-01-2017, 03:37 PM
(14-01-2017 02:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 11:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  And YOU never made a mistake.......

Fucking whatever....

LOL

Who didn't learn???

I think the point is that innocent people die every day because of the exact same kind of mistake that you made.

Please provide some credible scenarios for how people die every day from that kind of mistake.

Quote:Just because nobody did that one time doesn't mean that it's not an obvious reminder that you can't just laugh at it and sweep it under the rug.

Gun rights activists love to talk about how responsible they are, therefore...yada yada.

You fucked up, I'm glad it didn't turn out worse, but it easily could have, and you not acknowledging that is what the whole gun problem boils down to.

But you seem to love your guns more than common sense, so I'll just expect a disparaging reply instead of a reasoned one. Feel free to prove me wrong.

Please provide some credible scenarios for how it could have turned out worse.
It could have turned out worse for OLB, but others?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-01-2017, 03:56 PM
(14-01-2017 03:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Please provide some credible scenarios for how people die every day from that kind of mistake.

You really want me to waste my time googling the countless headlines of people, children killing children and kids killing their own parents, a few from just the past year come to mind, because of gunowner negligence?

It's a thing, Chas. You know it as well as I do.

(14-01-2017 03:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Please provide some credible scenarios for how it could have turned out worse.

See my response above. Wash rinse and repeat.

I never have, and still aren't arguing about taking guns away from people. I am arguing for gun rights activists to take some goddamned responsibility for the culture that kills so many innocent people every year that they continue to contribute to without any hint of irony.

I would love for once to have this conversation with a gun lover who would agree that we need to do something...Fuck ...anything, to try to improve the odds of not dying from a gunshot due to either negligence or idiocy in this stupid fucking country we live in.

What we are currently doing is obviously not working. Laughing about that one time in the eighties that you made a potentially fatal mistake is not helping either.

I'd just like some intellectual accountability about something that kills thousands of innocent people a year for no good reason, that's all.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
14-01-2017, 03:57 PM
(14-01-2017 03:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 02:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I think the point is that innocent people die every day because of the exact same kind of mistake that you made.

Please provide some credible scenarios for how people die every day from that kind of mistake.

Quote:Just because nobody did that one time doesn't mean that it's not an obvious reminder that you can't just laugh at it and sweep it under the rug.

Please provide some credible scenarios for how it could have turned out worse.

Apparently my gun was going to run off and commit mass murder on it's own..........

What do you expect from people who freak out at the simple sight of a gun in real life?????????

Their odds of being killed by a car are far higher -- but they're fine running into traffic.....

Go figure..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-01-2017, 04:00 PM
(14-01-2017 03:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 03:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Please provide some credible scenarios for how people die every day from that kind of mistake.

You really want me to waste my time googling the countless headlines of people, children killing children and kids killing their own parents, a few from just the past year come to mind, because of gunowner negligence?

(14-01-2017 03:37 PM)Chas Wrote:  Please provide some credible scenarios for how it could have turned out worse.

I never have, and still aren't arguing about taking guns away from people. I am arguing for gun rights activists to take some goddamned responsibility for the culture that kills so many innocent people every year that they continue to contribute to without any hint of irony.

I would love for once to have this conversation with a gun lover who would agree that we need to do something...Fuck ...anything, to try to improve the odds of not dying from a gunshot due to either negligence or idiocy in this stupid fucking country we live in.

What we are currently doing is obviously not working. Laughing about that one time in the eighties that you made a potentially fatal mistake is not helping either.

I'd just like some intellectual accountability about something that kills thousands of innocent people a year for no good reason, that's all.

What "Negligence"?????

The gun was never out of my possession...

It was NEVER in any danger of falling into criminal hands --- unless of course somebody killed me, and searched the body......

At that point -- I really don't think it matters if I knew I had my gun on me, or not....

"SAVE THE CHILDREN"!!!!! That's what you've got????

piss off

[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
14-01-2017, 04:00 PM
(14-01-2017 02:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'll just expect a disparaging reply instead of a reasoned one. Feel free to prove me wrong.

And....scene!

Thanks folks. It's been great working with you. See you at the wrap party. Thumbsup

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
14-01-2017, 04:03 PM
(14-01-2017 04:00 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 02:49 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'll just expect a disparaging reply instead of a reasoned one. Feel free to prove me wrong.

And....scene!

Thanks folks. It's been great working with you. See you at the wrap party. Thumbsup

Yeah - wrap your lips around this.......

reactionary fuck....

14-01-2017, 04:07 PM
(14-01-2017 03:56 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  

You said people die every day from exactly that kind of mistake: he forgot he had a gun on his person. You have not answered the question.

Quote:

And see my response. You are now generalizing to any kind of negligence, but that is not what you alleged.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-01-2017, 04:10 PM
(14-01-2017 04:03 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 04:00 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  And....scene!

Yeah - wrap your lips around this.......

reactionary fuck....

Reactionary fuck... That's rich.

Really though Biker, calm down for a minute.

You seriously can't think why it might be a problem that you forgot about a loaded gun in a jacket until you were trying to get on a plane?

I'm not necessarily speaking about this particular incidence, but you (and seriously I'm sure you are a responsible gun owner, I'm not trying to say you aren't) freely admit that it was that easy to make that mistake. Now multiply that scenario by the millions of people in this country that have and carry guns and tell me that we shouldn't be concerned.