TSA Confiscates 3391 Handguns

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-01-2017, 06:28 PM
RE: TSA Confiscates 3391 Handguns
(14-01-2017 06:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 05:55 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Chas are you seriously taking the position that misplacing/failing to secure firearms does not lead to many many deaths? Because we both know only retards like OLB or Dark Helmet take such an absurd stance.

No, I am asking how someone who normally has a firearm on his person and is carrying one unintentionally is a danger.

ET said it was exactly this problem that was a danger. Now you too are extending it to other issues.

Yes he is. He is transporting an unsecured firearm. A responsible gun owner does not do this, so henceforth anytime that term is mentioned OLB is removed from inclusion as he is proven not to be by his actions. It is much like someone that drives drunk but has yet to cause a serious accident. That is a matter of luck and their actions mean they are not a safe driver.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
14-01-2017, 06:35 PM
TSA Confiscates 3391 Handguns
(14-01-2017 05:09 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-01-2017 01:44 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Funny -- people who are against people carrying guns think that those people carrying guns are constantly looking for a reason to use it. When the person carrying the gun is so used to carrying the gun that they never even think about the gun --- that's somehow a problem too.......

Uh, forgetting that you have a loaded firearm just lying around in a coat pocket? That the presence of a tool, indeed a weapon, capable of ending a human life in a fraction of a second (through malice or negligence)? That such a thing becomes so blasé so as to be forgotten about?

That is, in and of itself, it's own kind of terrifying proposition. That level of negligence borders on involuntary manslaughter. Much like with a car or motorcycle, it's when you stop respecting it that it bites you in the ass; and just as often, takes others (through no fault of their own) along with you for the shit show.

I'm sure he had the safety on.
14-01-2017, 07:13 PM
(14-01-2017 06:27 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 06:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, I am asking how someone who normally has a firearm on his person and is carrying one unintentionally is a danger.

ET said it was exactly this problem that was a danger. Now you too are extending it to other issues.

Yes, what I am arguing is exactly that. It obviously is a danger, because people are dying. I'm not extending it to other issues, it is the issue.

And I am asking how anyone is dying from that exact situation. And you are not answering.

Probably because no one is dying from that exact situation.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-01-2017, 07:14 PM
(14-01-2017 06:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 06:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, I am asking how someone who normally has a firearm on his person and is carrying one unintentionally is a danger.

Yes he is. He is transporting an unsecured firearm.

It was not unsecured. It was on his person.

Quote:A responsible gun owner does not do this, so henceforth anytime that term is mentioned OLB is removed from inclusion as he is proven not to be by his actions. It is much like someone that drives drunk but has yet to cause a serious accident. That is a matter of luck and their actions mean they are not a safe driver.

Have you ever had an auto accident? Consider

[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-01-2017, 07:25 PM
(14-01-2017 07:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 06:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Yes he is. He is transporting an unsecured firearm.

It was not unsecured. It was on his person.

Quote:A responsible gun owner does not do this, so henceforth anytime that term is mentioned OLB is removed from inclusion as he is proven not to be by his actions. It is much like someone that drives drunk but has yet to cause a serious accident. That is a matter of luck and their actions mean they are not a safe driver.

He was unaware of it so how could he have it secured? As to an accident never one that was my fault, got rear ended once at a yield because the teenager behind me slammed the gas instead of the brakes. But I have never had an accident because I forgot about having a car.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
14-01-2017, 07:57 PM
(14-01-2017 07:25 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 07:14 PM)Chas Wrote:  It was not unsecured. It was on his person.

He was unaware of it so how could he have it secured? As to an accident never one that was my fault, got rear ended once at a yield because the teenager behind me slammed the gas instead of the brakes. But I have never had an accident because I forgot about having a car.

People have accidents due to all kinds of forgetfulness.

But I am still waiting for the instances of people dying because someone inadvertently had a gun on his person.

14-01-2017, 08:29 PM
(14-01-2017 07:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 07:25 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  He was unaware of it so how could he have it secured? As to an accident never one that was my fault, got rear ended once at a yield because the teenager behind me slammed the gas instead of the brakes. But I have never had an accident because I forgot about having a car.

People have accidents due to all kinds of forgetfulness.

But I am still waiting for the instances of people dying because someone inadvertently had a gun on his person.

But what about all the time that the gun was not on his person? That's what I'm worried about. How long had a loaded gun been in a random jacket pocket that it was forgotten about so much that it was only discovered because of the airport security?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
14-01-2017, 08:49 PM
(14-01-2017 08:29 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  
(14-01-2017 07:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  People have accidents due to all kinds of forgetfulness.

But what about all the time that the gun was not on his person? That's what I'm worried about. How long had a loaded gun been in a random jacket pocket that it was forgotten about so much that it was only discovered because of the airport security?

And there you go again expanding on "this exact situation". Facepalm

You are making things up. It was not discovered by airport security; how was it a 'random jacket'.

When that gun was not on his person, where do you think it might have been? How about in his house?

Look, if you wanted to say that this was an example of negligence and that negligence in general can lead to accidents, then say that. But don't keep doubling down your apparent misstatement.

14-01-2017, 09:49 PM
(14-01-2017 08:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  When that gun was not on his person, where do you think it might have been? How about in his house?

Yes, where almost all of the deaths I'm talking about occur. Because people are careless with things that mean life or death.

(14-01-2017 08:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  Look, if you wanted to say that this was an example of negligence and that negligence in general can lead to accidents, then say that. But don't keep doubling down your apparent misstatement.

Holy fucking shit, Chas. That's what I have been saying the whole time. Stop pedanderisationalising every fucking thing just to not lose a gun argument. It's getting old. I love you man, and I vote for you to get to have guns over anyone else in the world if it comes down to that, but you're going to have to let go of this notion that it's a good thing in general for the public at large to be inundated with lethal weapons like they are now. It's not safe and people are dying.

Period.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
14-01-2017, 09:52 PM
(14-01-2017 08:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  You are making things up. It was not discovered by airport security; how was it a 'random jacket'.

And just to be pedantic, I didn't say it was discovered by airport security, but because of it, which is accurate. Drinking Beverage

~ Umberto Eco