TSA Worker Comes Clean...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2013, 11:09 PM
TSA Worker Comes Clean...
Full article.

It is perhaps America’s most unsafe airport. Despite being the launching point for one of the planes hijacked on 9/11 — Flight 93, which crashed in Pennsylvania — Newark Airport has had numerous security violations since. The latest: a fake bomb that made it past Transportation Security Administration officers. Here, a Newark TSA screener who recently left the agency tells how silly policies and lazy workers do little to stop real threats:

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2013, 07:42 AM
RE: TSA Worker Comes Clean...
The writer is right about Federal jobs. You can goof off all you want and not get fired for a long time.

And if you do, they'll rehire you.

I've seen it where I work all the time (Dept. of Veterans' Affairs).

Jesus loves you, but the Devil gives you cool shit.
Find all posts by this user
11-03-2013, 09:05 AM
Holy crap I am in the wrong profession.

Shock And Awe Tactics-- The "application of massive or overwhelming force" to "disarm, incapacitate, or render the enemy impotent with as few casualties to ourselves and to noncombatants as possible"
11-03-2013, 01:18 PM (This post was last modified: 11-03-2013 01:21 PM by bemore.)

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
11-03-2013, 01:40 PM
They don't want you asking questions, either...

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
11-03-2013, 02:31 PM
I think the supervisor at the start of the video had a bit of a chip on his shoulder. All he had to politely say when questioned about the Sniffer dog was to check TSA's policy on the internet or direct him (adam) to where he could find out that information.

I'm kinda against people filming me without my permission but when I am at work in my capacity I am a civil servant so I acknowledge that people can film me and I see no problem in talking about my work, my personal opinion I will of course keep to myself and will only talk about that off record (obviously everybody should be carefull of what they say about their employers and to whom lol)

Its good that Adam knew his rights as many do not. Its the "authority" thing that many people automatically bow down to that I don't like... people do stuff without even questioning why they are doing it and thats what I find alarming.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
11-03-2013, 04:16 PM
(11-03-2013 02:31 PM)bemore Wrote:  I think the supervisor at the start of the video had a bit of a chip on his shoulder. All he had to politely say when questioned about the Sniffer dog was to check TSA's policy on the internet or direct him (adam) to where he could find out that information.

I'm kinda against people filming me without my permission but when I am at work in my capacity I am a civil servant so I acknowledge that people can film me and I see no problem in talking about my work, my personal opinion I will of course keep to myself and will only talk about that off record (obviously everybody should be carefull of what they say about their employers and to whom lol)

Its good that Adam knew his rights as many do not. Its the "authority" thing that many people automatically bow down to that I don't like... people do stuff without even questioning why they are doing it and thats what I find alarming.
I couldn't possibly agree more. But the problem with directing Adam to the policy is that there is no policy on having drug sniffing dogs at a security checkpoint. The feds also use this chickenshit tactic at their suspicionless internal border control checkpoints. WTF you need a drug dog for if all you're supposed to be doing is asking me if I'm a citizen? And while we're at it... WTF you doin setting up these checkpoints 50+ miles inside the border?

The answer is that it isn't about safety. It's about money and control. That isn't in the policy so there's no need to direct people to it. Dodgy