Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-09-2014, 04:56 PM
RE: TTA Accent Tag
(05-09-2014 04:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 04:50 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  Fixt*

you broke it. Fix it again.

I only know how to break. Big Grin

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2014, 06:01 PM
TTA Accent Tag
(05-09-2014 04:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 03:51 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Its not like you're going to be speaking normally and then suddenly break into a Jamaican accent, and then suddenly a Scottish accent.

Jamaican? I hope not! But I do tend to just adopt varying accents and tones throughout every day speech for no good reason; just happens.

I personally blame my constant exposure to other accents (particularly British ones).

Yay! I'm not the only one. So, when you watch programs from the UK do you find the accents continue echoing through your head. And do you feel compelled to sort of "try it on"?

Just finished watching Happy Valley which takes place in the countryside near Yorkshire. The voices stayed with me for days. Now I don't hear them any more.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
05-09-2014, 06:13 PM
(05-09-2014 06:01 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 04:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Jamaican? I hope not! But I do tend to just adopt varying accents and tones throughout every day speech for no good reason; just happens.

I personally blame my constant exposure to other accents (particularly British ones).

Yay! I'm not the only one. So, when you watch programs from the UK do you find the accents continue echoing through your head. And do you feel compelled to sort of "try it on"?

Just finished watching Happy Valley which takes place in the countryside near Yorkshire. The voices stayed with me for days. Now I don't hear them any more.

I love to try out other accents. The British pronunciation of "can't" especially sticks with me. Sounds much better than some of my relatives from rural Alabama that pronounce it "cain't."

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
05-09-2014, 07:29 PM
(03-09-2014 09:48 AM)cjlr Wrote:  
(03-09-2014 09:11 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Because the creator is wrong. If he wanted it pronounced with a J he should not have out a G at the beginning.

Oh, really?

"-gi-" is a soft 'g' in almost every case.

Yeah, like 'give', 'gimp', 'gill', 'giddy', 'gimme', & 'git'? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-09-2014, 07:30 PM
(05-09-2014 04:03 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 09:20 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  LMFAO GOODBYE ADrRIANINREG
TALKIN' SMACK AMbErNANDERS?

MayBE ANIMEAIDRANRE

(05-09-2014 04:11 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Adrianime, I loved how you read the other posts. I thought about starting a thread reading funny/and or inflammatory TTA quotes on video.

please make this thread
[+] 3 users Like Ferdinand's post
05-09-2014, 07:38 PM
(05-09-2014 12:37 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Okay. I want to add how shocking it is....every time....to hear yourself recorded. Lol.

Anyway here ya go.

About the same as British Columbia. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-09-2014, 08:00 PM
(05-09-2014 12:37 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Okay. I want to add how shocking it is....every time....to hear yourself recorded. Lol.

Anyway here ya go.
Yay! Clap You should have called somebody out. Thumbsup
P.S. Washington is the BEST in the NorthWest! (And all of the U.S.)
P.S.(^2). Pop

(05-09-2014 01:28 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Gimp is from guimpe (French), and in French orthography the "silent" 'u' marks where a normally soft 'g' is pronounced as a hard 'g'.

"Gift" and "girl" and good old Germanic words.

Fun bonus fact: "girl" was originally a gender-neutral term.
(well - neutral in reference; it would have had grammatical gender...)
Why do you know these things?

(05-09-2014 07:30 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 04:03 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  TALKIN' SMACK AMbErNANDERS?

MayBE ANIMEAIDRANRE
Too intense. This has already gone too far.

(05-09-2014 04:11 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Adrianime, I loved how you read the other posts. I thought about starting a thread reading funny/and or inflammatory TTA quotes on video.

Seriously, do make this thread.

And yup I don't think Canadians generally sound much different than people around WA and OR.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
05-09-2014, 09:59 PM
(05-09-2014 08:00 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 01:28 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Gimp is from guimpe (French), and in French orthography the "silent" 'u' marks where a normally soft 'g' is pronounced as a hard 'g'.

Why, that's a very good question.

It's not so much that I know them as that I haven't forgotten them.

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
05-09-2014, 11:29 PM
(05-09-2014 08:00 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  

Anyway here ya go.
Yay! Clap You should have called somebody out. Thumbsup
P.S.(^2). Pop

(05-09-2014 07:30 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  MayBE ANIMEAIDRANRE

And yup I don't think Canadians generally sound much different than people around WA and OR.

I know! I regret not calling FT out (I love the aussie accent) But I was too busy concentrating on how weird it is to hear yourself *lol*

Oh, and Oregon kicks Washington in the nads any day dude Tongue
06-09-2014, 12:35 AM
(05-09-2014 06:01 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 04:08 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Jamaican? I hope not! But I do tend to just adopt varying accents and tones throughout every day speech for no good reason; just happens.

I don't even try voices on...

I just kinda unconsciously mimic them and they stick around and come up uninvited.

(05-09-2014 11:29 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(05-09-2014 08:00 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Yay! Clap You should have called somebody out. Thumbsup
P.S.(^2). Pop

I know! I regret not calling FT out (I love the aussie accent) But I was too busy concentrating on how weird it is to hear yourself *lol*

Oh, and Oregon kicks Washington in the nads any day dude Tongue

Why!? Why me?!

... You'll have your stupid video soon enough.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post