• 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-10-2014, 12:51 AM
RE: TTA Accent Tag
bumping so I maybe remember later this weekend. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-10-2014, 05:20 AM
(02-10-2014 11:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I want you to do it Muffs...Your voice is adorable.

I have a video but when listening back to it the sound is messed up (because my laptop mic obviously sucks and I'm a little annoyed I only found out via doing said video) and it doesn't sound anything like me.
10-10-2014, 05:26 AM
(10-10-2014 05:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(02-10-2014 11:58 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I want you to do it Muffs...Your voice is adorable.

I have a video but when listening back to it the sound is messed up (because my laptop mic obviously sucks and I'm a little annoyed I only found out via doing said video) and it doesn't sound anything like me.

Its not just you, most of us don't like how we sound and here's why -

http://mentalfloss.com/article/12796/why...her-people

For many of us, there are few things more painful than hearing a recording of our own voices. They don’t sound like we think they should. They’re tinnier, higher and just not right. The tape (or mp3) doesn’t lie, though, and the way we think we sound isn’t how we really sound to everyone else. This is a cruel trick that happens because of the ways that sounds can travel to our inner ear.

Every sound we hear—birds chirping, bees buzzing, people talking, and recordings—is a wave of pressure moving through the air. Our outer ears “catch” these waves and funnel them into our head through the ear canal. They strike the ear drum, which starts vibrating, and those vibrations travel to the inner ear, where they’re translated into signals that can be sent via the auditory nerve to the brain for interpretation.

GOOD VIBRATIONS

The inner ear doesn’t get stimulated only by external sound waves coming down the ear canal, though. It also picks up on vibrations happening inside the body, and it's a combination of these two things that makes up the sound you hear when you talk.

When you speak, vibrations from your vocal cords resonate in your throat and mouth, and some get transmitted and conducted by the bones in your neck and head. The inner ear responds to these just like any other vibrations, turning them into electrical signals and sending them to the brain. Whenever you speak, your inner ear is stimulated both by internal vibrations in your bones and by the sound coming out of your mouth and traveling through the air and into the ears.

This combination of vibrations coming to the inner ear by two different paths gives your voice (as you normally hear it) a unique character that other, “air only” sounds don’t have. In particular, your bones enhance deeper, lower-frequency vibrations and give your voice a fuller, bassier quality that’s lacking when you hear it on a recording.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
10-10-2014, 05:29 AM
(10-10-2014 05:20 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  

If you find you sound a little nasally, than that's normal for you, chief. Thumbsup

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
10-10-2014, 05:37 AM
I don't think you two understand what I'm saying.
It doesn't sound anything like me.
I'm not saying I don't like the way I sound or I sound weird, I'm saying the microphone is screwed up and it doesn't sound anything like me because the microphone is broken and trash...
10-10-2014, 06:35 AM
(10-10-2014 05:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't think you two understand what I'm saying.
I'm not saying I don't like the way I sound or I sound weird, I'm saying the microphone is screwed up and it doesn't sound anything like me because the microphone is broken and trash...

If we can understand the words you're saying in the video, just let us be the judge of how you sound Tongue

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
10-10-2014, 07:13 AM (This post was last modified: 10-10-2014 07:21 AM by Hafnof.)
I pulled out my microphone and recorded some words. If you want to hear me talking about my areas of interest I'm fuzzyBSc on youtube, but I haven't uploaded anything for a while there. You can see what I look like there also but bear in mind the videos were taken at a time I was growing my hair out for Shave for a Cure Wink

https://soundcloud.com/benjamin-carlyle/...accent-tag

Give me your argument in the form of a published paper, and then we can start to talk.
[+] 6 users Like Hafnof's post
10-10-2014, 07:43 AM
(10-10-2014 07:13 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I pulled out my microphone and recorded some words. If you want to hear me talking about my areas of interest I'm fuzzyBSc on youtube, but I haven't uploaded anything for a while there. You can see what I look like there also but bear in mind the videos were taken at a time I was growing my hair out for Shave for a Cure Wink

You have (had?) an epic beard and a soothing voice. Thumbsup

Here's the video I'm referring to:

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
10-10-2014, 09:21 AM
(10-10-2014 07:13 AM)Hafnof Wrote:  I pulled out my microphone and recorded some words. If you want to hear me talking about my areas of interest I'm fuzzyBSc on youtube, but I haven't uploaded anything for a while there. You can see what I look like there also but bear in mind the videos were taken at a time I was growing my hair out for Shave for a Cure Wink

You sir, are the most human sounding robot I have ever heard.

Now I've voice-jealous.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
10-10-2014, 10:23 AM
(10-10-2014 06:35 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(10-10-2014 05:37 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I don't think you two understand what I'm saying.

If we can understand the words you're saying in the video, just let us be the judge of how you sound Tongue

But this would make me sad because Skyping with earmuffs, he literally has the best voice ever and HIS LAUGH COULD PROBABLY CURE CANCER I AM NOT GONNA LIE. So if it doesn't really sound like how he actually sounds I'll be disappointed.

Sad