TTA Accent Tag

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-09-2014, 03:48 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-2014 03:51 PM by Free Thought.)
RE: TTA Accent Tag
(01-09-2014 06:41 AM)Vosur Wrote:  A few weeks back, I found a thread called "Atheist Forums Accent Tag" over on AF and ever since then I've been wondering why we don't have a topic like that here. It's a pretty popular thing on AF and I'm hoping that it will be the same on TTA.

With that out of the way, the basic idea is to record a video of yourself, saying the following words and answering the following questions, so that people can see what kind of accent you have. Since I'm the one to start this thread, I'm going to go first and post my submission from AF here.

Enjoy. Smile

• Your name and username.
• Where you're from.
• Pronounce the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminum, GIF, Tumblr, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Envelope, GPOY.
• What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
• What is a bubbly, carbonated drink called?
• What do you call gym shoes?
• What do you call your grandparents?
• What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
• What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
• Choose a book and read a passage from it.
• Do you think you have an accent?
• Be a wizard or a vampire?
• Do you know anyone on Tumblr in real life?
• End audio post by saying any three words you want.

I've got some questions;
Vosur, when did you become an American? Cause you spelled 'aluminium' the Yank way, or to the Germans follow the Yanks on this one?

Additionally, when you say 'passage', do you mean an entire chapter of a book or just a paragraph?

I need to know these things so I can remind you people of my accent.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-09-2014, 04:12 PM
(01-09-2014 03:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Vosur, when did you become an American?
Well, most people I talk to online are from the US and that's where I get my vocabulary from.

(01-09-2014 03:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Cause you spelled 'aluminium' the Yank way, or to the Germans follow the Yanks on this one?
No, it's spelled "Aluminium" in German as well.

(01-09-2014 03:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Additionally, when you say 'passage', do you mean an entire chapter of a book or just a paragraph?
Just a paragraph.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
01-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Wait a second ... I got it around somewhere ... give me a sec. ... Ah there it is. It's in Appalachiaspeak so you might need the hillbilly to interpret.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 14 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-09-2014, 04:19 PM
Here is mine. By the way, when I say caramel the second time, I meant to pronounce it care - a - mel (I suck at IPA).

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 22 users Like ghostexorcist's post
01-09-2014, 04:22 PM
(01-09-2014 04:12 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(01-09-2014 03:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Vosur, when did you become an American?
Well, most people I talk to online are from the US and that's where I get my vocabulary from.

(01-09-2014 03:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Cause you spelled 'aluminium' the Yank way, or to the Germans follow the Yanks on this one?
No, it's spelled "Aluminium" in German as well.

(01-09-2014 03:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Additionally, when you say 'passage', do you mean an entire chapter of a book or just a paragraph?
Just a paragraph.

Oh, good; at some point I'll get it done and up; not for a week at least though.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
(01-09-2014 04:19 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Here is mine. By the way, when I say caramel the second time, I meant to pronounce it care - a - mel (I suck at IPA).

You have the most manly fucking voice I've ever heard. Shocking

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 8 users Like Vosur's post
(01-09-2014 04:19 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  Here is mine. By the way, when I say caramel the second time, I meant to pronounce it care - a - mel (I suck at IPA).

Goddam dude. That even made Girly's panties wet. Blush

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
01-09-2014, 04:51 PM
(01-09-2014 04:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Goddam dude. That even made Girly's panties wet. Blush

Girly's panties. Weeping

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
01-09-2014, 05:52 PM

Shy
[+] 14 users Like Ferdinand's post
01-09-2014, 06:24 PM
(01-09-2014 05:52 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  

Shy

Son I am disappoint your last words were not Like Ohmuygawd Uguise

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post