TTA Accent Tag

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2017, 09:26 AM
RE: TTA Accent Tag
I tend to neutralize my accent so the Boston in me only comes out when mad or excited. My voice is fairly deep. Drinking Beverage

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
20-07-2017, 09:26 AM
(20-07-2017 09:18 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 09:16 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I agree, it's nice putting names with faces/voices. Yes

I listened to yours ...I love your voice! You think I should narrate books lol well, I think you could! Laugh out load

My voice sounds too sing songy lol

I think both of your voices are fantastic. You're not too sing-songy in my opinion. Tongue

And Jenny- I love that your Mass accent shows through on some words. My Maine accent only comes through once in a great while, or if I hang about people with a Maine accent for a bit. Then "pizza" becomes "pizzer" and "car" becomes "cah" again. Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
20-07-2017, 09:30 AM
(20-07-2017 09:25 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 09:21 AM)Emma Wrote:  Fantastic Szuchow! I think your English is better than you give yourself credit for. It is sometimes hard to understand what you're saying because I think maybe you are trying to talk a bit too fast in a non-native language for you- but I really did enjoy it! Thank you for sharing! And it sure as shit is better than any second language I could try to record in. Tongue

Thanks. I tried to do it slowly but I guess habits from reading are stronger - it's not like I must care about pronunciation or tempo then.

I think enunciation is probably more important than pronunciation. Most people can usually figure out what you're saying when you pronounce a word wrong as long as your enunciate the syllables clearly enough.
20-07-2017, 09:34 AM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2017 09:38 AM by Szuchow.)
(20-07-2017 09:30 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 09:25 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Thanks. I tried to do it slowly but I guess habits from reading are stronger - it's not like I must care about pronunciation or tempo then.

I think enunciation is probably more important than pronunciation. Most people can usually figure out what you're saying when you pronounce a word wrong as long as your enunciate the syllables clearly enough.

Maybe. Times when I used English could be counted on one hand if one forget about school and University where no native speakers heard how their language is butchered and everybody understood even most mangled sentences.

(19-07-2017 09:31 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I posted this on AF tonight, so thought I'd play it here. I used ''clyp.''

https://clyp.it/byins1xi

Sound nice.

Also found Jenny clip - always imagined her voice deeper for some reason. Sounds good though.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
20-07-2017, 09:36 AM
(20-07-2017 09:26 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I tend to neutralize my accent so the Boston in me only comes out when mad or excited. My voice is fairly deep. Drinking Beverage

Oh when I get mad (or tired) forget it, my Boston accent comes out in full force Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
20-07-2017, 09:37 AM
(20-07-2017 09:18 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 09:16 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I agree, it's nice putting names with faces/voices. Yes

I listened to yours ...I love your voice! You think I should narrate books lol well, I think you could! Laugh out load

My voice sounds too sing songy lol

No your voice is great! Not sing songy at all.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
20-07-2017, 10:08 AM
(20-07-2017 09:34 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 09:30 AM)Emma Wrote:  I think enunciation is probably more important than pronunciation. Most people can usually figure out what you're saying when you pronounce a word wrong as long as your enunciate the syllables clearly enough.

Maybe. Times when I used English could be counted on one hand if one forget about school and University where no native speakers heard how their language is butchered and everybody understood even most mangled sentences.

(19-07-2017 09:31 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I posted this on AF tonight, so thought I'd play it here. I used ''clyp.''

Sound nice.

Also found Jenny clip - always imagined her voice deeper for some reason. Sounds good though.

We should do a TTA video thread --with random videos of ourselves and shit Tongue

20-07-2017, 10:11 AM
(20-07-2017 09:34 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 09:30 AM)Emma Wrote:  I think enunciation is probably more important than pronunciation. Most people can usually figure out what you're saying when you pronounce a word wrong as long as your enunciate the syllables clearly enough.

Sound nice.

I did mine awhile back--when I was still in the atheist closet, so no video on mine, just voice. But I think I told Deidre it was on pg. 27 for anyone interested.

20-07-2017, 10:49 AM
My voice is in this clip I took over the 4th of July, I am talking to my father. I am the one that says "I am recording video" at about 11 seconds.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
20-07-2017, 09:40 PM
Okay, don't be mad with what I say at the end, because I posted this tonight on AF. LOL Tongue But, this answers the questions I think that are also on this thread in the beginning.

https://clyp.it/jb20whrg
[+] 4 users Like Deidre32's post