TTA Exorcism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2017, 07:40 AM
RE: TTA Exorcism
(08-06-2017 07:36 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 07:34 AM)Emma Wrote:  I would love to meet many of you in person- but I don't think I could leave my wife at home like that, and she's not likely interested in travel. If I were to travel, it probably ought to be to see my family. So y'all just gotta come visit me in Florida! Hobo

As a resident of Quebec, when I get old I'm pretty sure I'm required to migrate to Florida once per year.

I thought about living in Florida a few years ago when I was working in my career as a gerontologist. Sometimes I kick myself for not doing it, because it would have been a good move financially at the time.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2017, 07:48 AM
(08-06-2017 07:36 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 07:34 AM)Emma Wrote:  I would love to meet many of you in person- but I don't think I could leave my wife at home like that, and she's not likely interested in travel. If I were to travel, it probably ought to be to see my family. So y'all just gotta come visit me in Florida! Hobo

I'd go to Florida--Key West would be nice. Thumbsup

I know there's at least one of our members in that area. I've never been to the Keys, though! And that's sad- I've lived here for over a decade now, and that's maybe 4 hours south of me.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
08-06-2017, 07:52 AM
(08-06-2017 07:48 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 07:36 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'd go to Florida--Key West would be nice. Thumbsup

I know there's at least one of our members in that area. I've never been to the Keys, though! And that's sad- I've lived here for over a decade now, and that's maybe 4 hours south of me.

Fullcircle and Aliza are in Florida. I love Florida-great place to visit. Disney would also be fun.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-06-2017, 08:01 AM
If this Florida things comes through, keep me posted. I'm usually there in March to catch some Blue Jays spring training games.
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
08-06-2017, 08:06 AM
(08-06-2017 07:52 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 07:48 AM)Emma Wrote:  I know there's at least one of our members in that area. I've never been to the Keys, though! And that's sad- I've lived here for over a decade now, and that's maybe 4 hours south of me.

Fullcircle and Aliza are in Florida. I love Florida-great place to visit. Disney would also be fun.

Yep, and we have at least one or two more members here, too.
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
08-06-2017, 10:00 AM
I might've mentioned this in the whispering thread already, but I'd really like to send the demon of guilt and assuming I'm always doing something wrong packing. If not for good, at least for a nice, extended vacation Sleepy

"I just feel as if I had done something. I always feel as if someone were angry with me. If I were the wonderfulest Misabel in the world everything would be different..."
"Well, but as you aren't..." replied the Mymble's daughter and continued her meal."

[Image: eb1ac5a753da08f6ab2f4aa000bcc86e.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
08-06-2017, 10:07 AM
(08-06-2017 10:00 AM)Vera Wrote:  I might've mentioned this in the whispering thread already, but I'd really like to send the demon of guilt and assuming I'm always doing something wrong packing. If not for good, at least for a nice, extended vacation Sleepy

"I just feel as if I had done something. I always feel as if someone were angry with me. If I were the wonderfulest Misabel in the world everything would be different..."
"Well, but as you aren't..." replied the Mymble's daughter and continued her meal."

The guilt demon is a horrible demon. I deal with that a lot, too. It's something my old therapist and I were working on.

I'm sorry Vera. Shall we begin the exorcism rites to banish that demon from you?

Because you don't deserve it. You are a kind and wonderful person. You are worthy of attention and love and friendship and trust. You are a positive member of many lives, and your presence helps them live better and happier lives. From the little we've talked, I really believe this.

Hug
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post
08-06-2017, 10:28 AM
(08-06-2017 10:07 AM)Emma Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 10:00 AM)Vera Wrote:  I might've mentioned this in the whispering thread already, but I'd really like to send the demon of guilt and assuming I'm always doing something wrong packing. If not for good, at least for a nice, extended vacation Sleepy

The guilt demon is a horrible demon. I deal with that a lot, too. It's something my old therapist and I were working on.

I'm sorry Vera. Shall we begin the exorcism rites to banish that demon from you?

Because you don't deserve it. You are a kind and wonderful person. You are worthy of attention and love and friendship and trust. You are a positive member of many lives, and your presence helps them live better and happier lives. From the little we've talked, I really believe this.

Hug

*hugs* And also remember people who are sweet enough to worry about whether or not they did something wrong to inadvertently hurt another person--very rarely do. Just do the best you can, that's all anyone can do, perfect doesn't exist, nor would I want it to. If you do the best you can, work from your heart, if you do that-- there is no wrong. I know easier said than done to replace the guilt/assuming you did something wrong with this way of thinking--but true!

I hereby exorcise Vera and Emma's guilt and worry demons, in FSM name, we pray!* Tongue

*If this works for realz, I'm setting up shop Tongue It'll be like Ash v. the Evil Dead, the jennybee version Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
08-06-2017, 10:45 AM
(08-06-2017 10:07 AM)Emma Wrote:  The guilt demon is a horrible demon. I deal with that a lot, too. It's something my old therapist and I were working on.

Yeah, but I don't handle attention all that well. Not at all, really... [Image: slowlybackingoutofroomsmiley.gif]

(Apparently, when I was at uni, I would start telling something to my friends and would then stop and say "But I don't want to bother you"... Never had a clue I was doing it until - years later! - they mentioned it and how they used to laugh about it. Behind my back or something. Do I know how to pick friends or do I? Dodgy )

I'm not sure what will be left of me without my assortment of demons Undecided

Quote:work from your heart
But what if you have no heart, Jenny?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
08-06-2017, 10:53 AM
(08-06-2017 10:45 AM)Vera Wrote:  I'm not sure what will be left of me without my assortment of demons Undecided

Your unicorns?
[+] 2 users Like Emma's post