TTA Exorcism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2017, 11:13 AM
RE: TTA Exorcism
Hehe. What if they're demonic, too, though?

[Image: demonic_unicorn_by_o_eternal_o.png]

(I'd rather it were just me, myself and I Rolleyes )

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
08-06-2017, 11:27 AM
(08-06-2017 11:13 AM)Vera Wrote:  Hehe. What if they're demonic, too, though?

[Image: demonic_unicorn_by_o_eternal_o.png]

(I'd rather it were just me, myself and I Rolleyes )

badass. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
08-06-2017, 11:56 AM
(08-06-2017 10:45 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 10:07 AM)Emma Wrote:  The guilt demon is a horrible demon. I deal with that a lot, too. It's something my old therapist and I were working on.

I'm sorry Vera. Shall we begin the exorcism rites to banish that demon from you?

Because you don't deserve it. You are a kind and wonderful person. You are worthy of attention and love and friendship and trust. You are a positive member of many lives, and your presence helps them live better and happier lives. From the little we've talked, I really believe this.

Yeah, but I don't handle attention all that well. Not at all, really... [Image: slowlybackingoutofroomsmiley.gif]

(Apparently, when I was at uni, I would start telling something to my friends and would then stop and say "But I don't want to bother you"... Never had a clue I was doing it until - years later! - they mentioned it and how they used to laugh about it. Behind my back or something. Do I know how to pick friends or do I? Dodgy )

I'm not sure what will be left of me without my assortment of demons Undecided

Quote:work from your heart
But what if you have no heart, Jenny?

Tongue Then hand out candy, everyone likes candy Big Grin
08-06-2017, 01:15 PM
Well, the second part of the word - certainly, Emma (you know, the main character in the book I'm translating right now is called Emma. She's pretty badass... even when moping over the majorly annoying, woe-is-me, get-over-yourself-self-pitying-jerk, main character.)

Bribery, eh, Jenny? I like how you mind works (even if *I* am not too keep on sweet things, to be fair). Here's something they have here you might like (apparently you can make a vegan one, as well) Not sure if I've tried it, though. Maybe last time I was in Brazil, about 5 years ago, but not sure...

[Image: shutterstock_112244831-brazil-Brigadeiro.jpg]

I was much more enamoured with these beauties, especially the raspberry ones (raspberry is perfect for desserts because it's not too sweet and has a wonderful flavour) and this place

[Image: CKNAbAjWcAA49nP.jpg]

08-06-2017, 01:42 PM
(08-06-2017 01:15 PM)Vera Wrote:  Well, the second part of the word - certainly, Emma (you know, the main character in the book I'm translating right now is called Emma. She's pretty badass... even when moping over the majorly annoying, woe-is-me, get-over-yourself-self-pitying-jerk, main character.)

Bribery, eh, Jenny? I like how you mind works (even if *I* am not too keep on sweet things, to be fair). Here's something they have here you might like (apparently you can make a vegan one, as well) Not sure if I've tried it, though. Maybe last time I was in Brazil, about 5 years ago, but not sure...

[Image: shutterstock_112244831-brazil-Brigadeiro.jpg]

I was much more enamoured with these beauties, especially the raspberry ones (raspberry is perfect for desserts because it's not too sweet and has a wonderful flavour) and this place

[Image: CKNAbAjWcAA49nP.jpg]

Drooling I want one now Tongue
08-06-2017, 01:52 PM
(08-06-2017 01:15 PM)Vera Wrote:  Well, the second part of the word - certainly, Emma (you know, the main character in the book I'm translating right now is called Emma. She's pretty badass... even when moping over the majorly annoying, woe-is-me, get-over-yourself-self-pitying-jerk, main character.)

Emma is a badass name for badass women. Evil_monster

Is that book any good? Should I read it?
[+] 1 user Likes Emma's post
08-06-2017, 02:01 PM
(08-06-2017 01:52 PM)Emma Wrote:  

Emma is a badass name for badass women. Evil_monster

Is that book any good? Should I read it?

I agree, it's one of my favorite names. Thumbsup
08-06-2017, 02:16 PM
Emma, if you like YA fantasy - then yes. She is actually the only one of "my" authors I enjoy translating. And her books and characters are much more mature, so to speak, than all of my R-rated crap.

She also (imo) uses her books to comment, in a way, on current, real-life stuff. Like, in her latest one she is definitely influenced by the current crappy situation in the US. Like, there is a ruling faction which wants to register and control all warlocks and faeries, etc, and wants the Shadowhunters to go back to a glorious time when they were mighty and everybody obeyed them.

She is also the only one of mine, who has realistic SGM couples and not just a "token gay" or two. She even has a bisexual character in this one which I quite like, because it really annoys me when in movies and books, the moment an until-then-straight character so much as kisses someone of the same gender, they immediately become "of the gayz", like, they've been spoilt for life (a bit like that black blood abomination - if you have some, you're black, like a drop of tar in a barrel of honey Dodgy ) No, if you have been genuinely sexually attracted to members of the opposite gender, chances are you are bisexual and there's nothing wrong with that.

Wow, did I ever go off on a tangent...

Which one, Jenny? ;-) I really miss that RapaNui place, majorly tasty stuff they had Yes

08-06-2017, 03:32 PM
(08-06-2017 02:16 PM)Vera Wrote:  Emma, if you like YA fantasy - then yes. She is actually the only one of "my" authors I enjoy translating. And her books and characters are much more mature, so to speak, than all of my R-rated crap.

She also (imo) uses her books to comment, in a way, on current, real-life stuff. Like, in her latest one she is definitely influenced by the current crappy situation in the US. Like, there is a ruling faction which wants to register and control all warlocks and faeries, etc, and wants the Shadowhunters to go back to a glorious time when they were mighty and everybody obeyed them.

She is also the only one of mine, who has realistic SGM couples and not just a "token gay" or two. She even has a bisexual character in this one which I quite like, because it really annoys me when in movies and books, the moment an until-then-straight character so much as kisses someone of the same gender, they immediately become "of the gayz", like, they've been spoilt for life (a bit like that black blood abomination - if you have some, you're black, like a drop of tar in a barrel of honey Dodgy ) No, if you have been genuinely sexually attracted to members of the opposite gender, chances are you are bisexual and there's nothing wrong with that.

Wow, did I ever go off on a tangent...

Which one, Jenny? ;-) I really miss that RapaNui place, majorly tasty stuff they had Yes

The top one, it looks orgasmic Drooling
08-06-2017, 07:39 PM
A meetup sounds good. But usually when people say East Coast, they plan it in New England. No offense, but I'm not driving that long for people I occasionally talk to only online.