TTA Exorcism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-06-2017, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2017 07:50 PM by jennybee.)
RE: TTA Exorcism
(08-06-2017 07:39 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  A meetup sounds good. But usually when people say East Coast, they plan it in New England. No offense, but I'm not driving that long for people I occasionally talk to only online.

We can figure out who is serious about going and then coordinate a meet up that way. It seems like a few people are busy now or money is an issue, so after some time passes, I'll create a thread and we can figure out from there the whats, wheres, whens, and hows. I'm pretty much open to anywhere.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-06-2017, 02:32 AM
(08-06-2017 07:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 07:39 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  A meetup sounds good. But usually when people say East Coast, they plan it in New England. No offense, but I'm not driving that long for people I occasionally talk to only online.

We can figure out who is serious about going and then coordinate a meet up that way. It seems like a few people are busy now or money is an issue, so after some time passes, I'll create a thread and we can figure out from there the whats, wheres, whens, and hows. I'm pretty much open to anywhere.

[Bolding mine]

So I understand Europe isn't out of question?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
09-06-2017, 02:33 AM
As long as I can fly in from the UK, I don't mind where it is haha. Make it California and then I can visit my uncle at the same time Big Grin

I don't want Fop, goddamn it! I'm a Dapper Dan man!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
09-06-2017, 04:59 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2017 05:15 AM by jennybee.)
(07-06-2017 01:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 01:45 PM)yakherder Wrote:  My current job is a demon I need to exorcise. I wish the mine would open back up or I could find a similar rotational position that involves dealing with relatively normal people in a relatively normal context. Corrections is not good for my mind. The pay is great, and the work is easy 95% of the time, but it comes with a price.

I've yet to find the time to establish anything resembling a social life outside of work since leaving the Army and becoming a full time Canadian, and the nature of this job means I spend most of my time dealing with the roughly 5% of the inmate population that I'd define as the trouble makers.

I need some normal people to associate with.

We all need to do the TTA get together thing somewhere sometime. Not that anyone on here is normal mind you Wink but I still think it would be fun. But apparently, I'm the only one who wants to do it. Hobo

Anyway, since you need a work exorcism, here is what I suggest-have your gfs parents watch the kids and go away for the weekend somewhere fun. Just escape everything for a little while. You've been working like crazy, you deserve a break to unplug for a bit and settle into civilian life. Weekend getaways always help me unplug and recenter myself anyway.

(09-06-2017 02:32 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 07:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  We can figure out who is serious about going and then coordinate a meet up that way. It seems like a few people are busy now or money is an issue, so after some time passes, I'll create a thread and we can figure out from there the whats, wheres, whens, and hows. I'm pretty much open to anywhere.

[Bolding mine]

If several TTA-ers wanted to do the meetup somewhere there, I would do it Thumbsup If not, for my personal travel plans, I think it would be cool to meet up with people I regularly talk to on here as I travel about. My next big trip will probably be to Antrim, Ireland due to my family lineage. But I also would like to go to Poland some day because my grandmother is from there.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
09-06-2017, 05:02 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2017 05:16 AM by jennybee.)
(09-06-2017 02:33 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  As long as I can fly in from the UK, I don't mind where it is haha. Make it California and then I can visit my uncle at the same time Big Grin

Cool, I'm in Cali Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
09-06-2017, 05:22 AM
Other places 'round these parts Wink I'd like to go for a meet up: Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, New York, Florida, Hawaii, Nevada (Vegas), New Mexico, Alaska...but as I say, I'm open to other places as well.

09-06-2017, 05:26 AM
(09-06-2017 04:59 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(07-06-2017 01:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  We all need to do the TTA get together thing somewhere sometime. Not that anyone on here is normal mind you Wink but I still think it would be fun. But apparently, I'm the only one who wants to do it. Hobo

Anyway, since you need a work exorcism, here is what I suggest-have your gfs parents watch the kids and go away for the weekend somewhere fun. Just escape everything for a little while. You've been working like crazy, you deserve a break to unplug for a bit and settle into civilian life. Weekend getaways always help me unplug and recenter myself anyway.

(09-06-2017 02:32 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  [Bolding mine]

If several TTA-ers wanted to do the meetup somewhere there, I would do it Thumbsup If not, for my personal travel plans, I think it would be cool to meet up with people I regularly talk to on here as I travel about. My next big trip will probably be to Antrim, Ireland due to my family lineage. But I also would like to go to Poland some day because my grandmother is from there.

Maybe consider visiting Poland this year? Wink

Honestly though I doubt that I will be able to be on TTA meetup if such will ever happen.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
09-06-2017, 06:29 AM
(09-06-2017 05:22 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Other places 'round these parts Wink I'd like to go for a meet up: Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, New York, Florida, Hawaii, Nevada (Vegas), New Mexico, Alaska...but as I say, I'm open to other places as well.

I could talk my wife into going to New York or Florida & Vegas easily. (Although Vegas would mean flying, I have been on a plane before it's just...hard on my nerves.Sadcryface ) In an irony that I will never understand, my wife can fly anywhere anytime but she's afraid of heights! Get her up a few stories off the ground and ask her to go out on a balcony and she'll break into a cold sweat. I can handle heights no problem as long as I'm connected to something that is connected to the ground.

Anyway... any thoughts about Tulsa, OK? middle of the continent, something like meeting at a Free thought convention in 2019 (presuming there will be one that year) Maybe meet the guy that started all this?

See the look of horror joy on his face as he sees what he has wrought. Big Grin

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
09-06-2017, 06:36 AM
(09-06-2017 06:29 AM)unsapien Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 05:22 AM)jennybee Wrote:  Other places 'round these parts Wink I'd like to go for a meet up: Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, New York, Florida, Hawaii, Nevada (Vegas), New Mexico, Alaska...but as I say, I'm open to other places as well.

I could talk my wife into going to New York or Florida & Vegas easily. (Although Vegas would mean flying, I have been on a plane before it's just...hard on my nerves.Sadcryface ) In an irony that I will never understand, my wife can fly anywhere anytime but she's afraid of heights! Get her up a few stories off the ground and ask her to go out on a balcony and she'll break into a cold sweat. I can handle heights no problem as long as I'm connected to something that is connected to the ground.

Anyway... any thoughts about Tulsa, OK? middle of the continent, something like meeting at a Free thought convention in 2019 (presuming there will be one that year) Maybe meet the guy that started all this?

See the look of horror joy on his face as he sees what he has wrought. Big Grin

I like the free thought convention idea!

09-06-2017, 06:37 AM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2017 08:02 AM by jennybee.)
The other place that would be cool is to rent a houseboat in Yellowknife in Canada, however I think I would be alone in that since not even my bf will go with me Laugh out load