TTA Exorcism

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2017, 08:21 AM
RE: TTA Exorcism
(08-06-2017 07:36 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(08-06-2017 07:34 AM)Emma Wrote:  I would love to meet many of you in person- but I don't think I could leave my wife at home like that, and she's not likely interested in travel. If I were to travel, it probably ought to be to see my family. So y'all just gotta come visit me in Florida! Hobo

I'd go to Florida--Key West would be nice. Thumbsup

I honeymooned in Key West - my (late) uncle had properties there and he offered us his house while he stayed up north and visited family etc. Awesome time.

Now I live just north of Tampa and sadly haven't made the trek back to Key West in years, mostly because the kids are 13 and 12, and honestly it's not really the most "family friendly" place to vacation. Possibly a long weekend getaway for the wife and I could work, but if not it'll probably have to wait another few years until the kids can "appreciate it" - which basically means "drink legally".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Stefan Mayerschoff's post
09-06-2017, 08:21 AM
(09-06-2017 06:37 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The other place that would be cool is to rent a houseboat in Yellowknife in Canada, however I think I would be alone in that since not even my bf will go with me Laugh out load

Show him some of these images. If that doesn't do it I give up Tongue.
Google images: yellowknife+aurora+borealis

[Image: northern-lights-aurora-yellowknife.jpg]

[Image: enodah20120327-yellowknife-eaeaaaeeae-0487.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTy8-XyzfGBOiQCwGrq3ZA...ouZqAXQzaw]

[Image: 00h09-March-17-Yellowknife-NNW.jpg]

[Image: o-NORTHERN-LIGHTS-facebook.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
09-06-2017, 08:26 AM
(09-06-2017 08:21 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 06:37 AM)jennybee Wrote:  The other place that would be cool is to rent a houseboat in Yellowknife in Canada, however I think I would be alone in that since not even my bf will go with me Laugh out load

For the record, I spent some time in Yellowknife a number of years ago, and these pictures are NOT an exaggeration. It really does look like that.

Some say you can hear them too. I never did, and hearing something from space doesn't make any sense, but the people who "heard" the aurora insist that they're not making it up.
[+] 2 users Like Heath_Tierney's post
09-06-2017, 08:30 AM
(09-06-2017 08:26 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 08:21 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Show him some of these images. If that doesn't do it I give up Tongue.

For the record, I spent some time in Yellowknife a number of years ago, and these pictures are NOT an exaggeration. It really does look like that.

Some say you can hear them too. I never did, and hearing something from space doesn't make any sense, but the people who "heard" the aurora insist that they're not making it up.

Yeah I was up there a few times after going to work up at Snap Lake Mine, as Yellowknife was where I had to catch my plane to work. Didn't see it from there, but I saw it from work, and also from Alaska as a kid. Never gets old Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
09-06-2017, 08:36 AM
(09-06-2017 08:21 AM)yakherder Wrote:  

[Image: northern-lights-aurora-yellowknife.jpg]

[Image: enodah20120327-yellowknife-eaeaaaeeae-0487.jpg]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTy8-XyzfGBOiQCwGrq3ZA...ouZqAXQzaw]

[Image: 00h09-March-17-Yellowknife-NNW.jpg]

[Image: o-NORTHERN-LIGHTS-facebook.jpg]

I showed him pics before. He's not an outdoorsy person. His idea of fun is a a full service resort somewhere, with nice restaurants, cabana massage, beachside tropical drinks, that sort of thing. I like that stuff too, but prefer more adventurous, out of the box trips.
09-06-2017, 08:37 AM
(09-06-2017 08:30 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 08:26 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  For the record, I spent some time in Yellowknife a number of years ago, and these pictures are NOT an exaggeration. It really does look like that.

Yeah I was up there a few times after going to work up at Snap Lake Mine, as Yellowknife was where I had to catch my plane to work. Didn't see it from there, but I saw it from work, and also from Alaska as a kid. Never gets old Big Grin

Definitely on my bucket list Thumbsup
09-06-2017, 09:18 AM
(09-06-2017 08:26 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 08:21 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Show him some of these images. If that doesn't do it I give up Tongue.

Holy shit-balls batman!

That looks amazing! I'm big into my "space" related stuff, and obviously it's a beautiful sight as well. Might have to weigh up option for me and Mrs Oaktree to go check it out.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
09-06-2017, 09:41 AM
(09-06-2017 09:18 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(09-06-2017 08:26 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  For the record, I spent some time in Yellowknife a number of years ago, and these pictures are NOT an exaggeration. It really does look like that.

Holy shit-balls batman!

That looks amazing! I'm big into my "space" related stuff, and obviously it's a beautiful sight as well. Might have to weigh up option for me and Mrs Oaktree to go check it out.

It's my dream place to live. They have houseboats you can rent...and a bed and breakfast, I believe. I watched something about it on tv and was instantly hooked.

Despite my spontaneous nature, though, my plan would be to rent something first at varying times of the year to make sure it's a good fit for me, before up and moving there. And obviously, it would take a lot of convincing of my land bound, non-adventurous bf Laugh out load But if I wasn't in a rship, I'd seriously consider starting the process of checking it out as a potential landing spot.
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
10-06-2017, 03:43 AM
Every time I see this thread title I think of Moms performing a ritual involving incense and incantations whenever she wields the banhammer.

Laugh out load

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
10-06-2017, 07:11 AM
(10-06-2017 03:43 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Every time I see this thread title I think of Moms performing a ritual involving incense and incantations whenever she wields the banhammer.

Laugh out load

Maybe this should be the new title for the Ban Log Tongue