TTA PODCAST: A Special Message to our Listeners

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
16-03-2013, 07:24 PM
TTA PODCAST: A Special Message to our Listeners

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Hughsie's post
16-03-2013, 09:13 PM
RE: TTA PODCAST: A Special Message to our Listeners
I'm a big fan of the donation model of business. There are a number of benefits to it for both the consumer and the business owner. I'll definitely donate and here's hoping Seth makes enough money to quit his "real" job!

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-03-2013, 10:11 PM
I can see where he's coming from and I feel in addition to donating to the podcast side of things that he stick his head in here each week to say a few words to those on this forum. It would only take 10 minutes of his time and it may just further help his cause. I think also people here would appreciate the effort (especially the US citizens).

That's my two cents...

Humankind Dodgy (a total misnomer)
16-03-2013, 10:33 PM
Just a reminder for all the forum members that anyone who donates to TTA or purchases anything from the site is entitled to be made a contributing member.

Benefits include; a red username of awesomeness, extra stars under your name, and increased PM capabilities.

Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
16-03-2013, 10:46 PM
(16-03-2013 10:33 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Just a reminder for all the forum members that anyone who donates to TTA or purchases anything from the site is entitled to be made a contributing member.

Benefits include; a red username of awesomeness, extra stars under your name, and increased PM capabilities.
Okay... I give up. How do I donate? I've looked on every page I could find and I even manually typed in the url with /donate behind it.... and got a 404.

Is this a trick advertising campaign or am I really that stupid?

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
16-03-2013, 10:49 PM
(16-03-2013 10:46 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Okay... I give up. How do I donate? I've looked on every page I could find and I even manually typed in the url with /donate behind it.... and got a 404.

I think it's under 'podcasts' on the main page.

Best
Worst
16-03-2013, 10:59 PM
(16-03-2013 10:49 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(16-03-2013 10:46 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Okay... I give up. How do I donate? I've looked on every page I could find and I even manually typed in the url with /donate behind it.... and got a 404.

I think it's under 'podcasts' on the main page.
Yep.... I'm that stupid. Unsure

But seriously, that's a bit cumbersome to find, don't you think? You guys gotta get a big, fat, maybe red (or fuschia, I like fuschia) donate button plastered on the home page and you gotta create the /donate tag for the URL.

Because trust me.... when I go to donate again, I'll be back in here asking where the damn button is for sure. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes bbeljefe's post
16-03-2013, 11:01 PM
(16-03-2013 10:59 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Yep.... I'm that stupid. Unsure

But seriously, that's a bit cumbersome to find, don't you think? You guys gotta get a big, fat, maybe red (or fuschia, I like fuschia) donate button plastered on the home page and you gotta create the /donate tag for the URL.

Because trust me.... when I go to donate again, I'll be back in here asking where the damn button is for sure. Tongue

Sorry dude, my god-powers only extend as far as the forum. Anything to do with the world beyond is under the complete control of Seth himself.

Best
Worst
16-03-2013, 11:52 PM
(16-03-2013 11:01 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(16-03-2013 10:59 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Yep.... I'm that stupid. Unsure

Sorry dude, my god-powers only extend as far as the forum. Anything to do with the world beyond is under the complete control of Seth himself.

Than suggest it to him, or suggest it to somebody who can!
And give me two years and I'll be able to donate.

The Seventy Maxims of Maximally Effective Mercenaries:
Number 14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"
17-03-2013, 03:20 AM
(16-03-2013 10:59 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(16-03-2013 10:49 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  I think it's under 'podcasts' on the main page.
Yep.... I'm that stupid. Unsure

This is correct, except the fuchsia part. Yellow is a great color for just about any type of CTA (Call To Action, a term marketers use to refer to website "buttons" that invite a customer to make a purchasing action). For money, a more gold color, still yellow but also calls to mind the precious metal, is easy to spot, pleasing, and subliminally suggests wealth.

And yes, Seth should be told - or his webmaster.

"Whores perform the same function as priests, but far more thoroughly." - Robert A. Heinlein