TTA PODCAST: A Special Message to our Listeners

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-03-2013, 11:43 AM
RE: TTA PODCAST: A Special Message to our Listeners
(17-03-2013 03:20 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(16-03-2013 10:59 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Yep.... I'm that stupid. Unsure

But seriously, that's a bit cumbersome to find, don't you think? You guys gotta get a big, fat, maybe red (or fuschia, I like fuschia) donate button plastered on the home page and you gotta create the /donate tag for the URL.

Because trust me.... when I go to donate again, I'll be back in here asking where the damn button is for sure. Tongue
This is correct, except the fuchsia part. Yellow is a great color for just about any type of CTA (Call To Action, a term marketers use to refer to website "buttons" that invite a customer to make a purchasing action). For money, a more gold color, still yellow but also calls to mind the precious metal, is easy to spot, pleasing, and subliminally suggests wealth.

And yes, Seth should be told - or his webmaster.
Last night I was watching a 2011 presentation Seth gave and he showed the homepage to his audience. On the iteration he showed there was a donate button in the top right corner, under the Home | About | Contact element. I think it was blue but so what... at least it was there. He probably removed it to keep critics from taking pot shots like "clearly, Mr. Andrews is just as interested in your money as the church", but still, it needs to be more prominently displayed. The things he's doing are expensive and if is to continue to offer the high quality products he does, they have to be paid for.

Oh and, my comment was somewhat tongue in cheek... I wouldn't do fuchsia. The donate button in the podcast section is the typical Paypal gold and it's quite easy to find.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TTA PODCAST: A Special Message to our Listeners - bbeljefe - 17-03-2013 11:43 AM