TTA PODCAST: A Special Message to our Listeners

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
17-03-2013, 11:43 AM
RE: TTA PODCAST: A Special Message to our Listeners
(17-03-2013 03:20 AM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(16-03-2013 10:59 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  Yep.... I'm that stupid. Unsure

But seriously, that's a bit cumbersome to find, don't you think? You guys gotta get a big, fat, maybe red (or fuschia, I like fuschia) donate button plastered on the home page and you gotta create the /donate tag for the URL.

Because trust me.... when I go to donate again, I'll be back in here asking where the damn button is for sure. Tongue
This is correct, except the fuchsia part. Yellow is a great color for just about any type of CTA (Call To Action, a term marketers use to refer to website "buttons" that invite a customer to make a purchasing action). For money, a more gold color, still yellow but also calls to mind the precious metal, is easy to spot, pleasing, and subliminally suggests wealth.

And yes, Seth should be told - or his webmaster.
Last night I was watching a 2011 presentation Seth gave and he showed the homepage to his audience. On the iteration he showed there was a donate button in the top right corner, under the Home | About | Contact element. I think it was blue but so what... at least it was there. He probably removed it to keep critics from taking pot shots like "clearly, Mr. Andrews is just as interested in your money as the church", but still, it needs to be more prominently displayed. The things he's doing are expensive and if is to continue to offer the high quality products he does, they have to be paid for.

Oh and, my comment was somewhat tongue in cheek... I wouldn't do fuchsia. The donate button in the podcast section is the typical Paypal gold and it's quite easy to find.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2013, 01:29 PM
Another income stream Seth would do well to consider is an Amazon account. It can be a specific URL and it can be linked to on the site but not so much as an ad. It costs users nothing at all when they shop with Amazon but he'll get a spiff when they purchase through his link. I've used it on a website with low traffic and it payed better than Google ads.

Just ask users to buy at shop.tta.com or some such...

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
12-04-2013, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 04:35 PM by TrainWreck.)
Seth, you are twisted just like all atheists. And like the theist preachers, you are merely doling out empty promises wrapped in rhetoric that excites an audience. You think you are providing something we can use - are you serious???

Nobody has ever heard of you outside of the atheist internet. There are no reports on any news media declaring that Seth Andrews is providing enlightening information that is going to guide atheists, or society, towards the better. All you have is an audience that agrees with your denouncing of theists - it is that simple, you are preaching to your own choir nothing they can use to advance social organization of people. Wake up! You even go so far as to tease your audience with an infinite declaration - tell us what is going to be the "next level," of the campaign? You don't even realize the silly crap you are shilling, because you, and all the other atheists, are wrapped up in the stupid oppression illusion just like the black political activists who cry, "Oppression!"

Think about it - maybe a little analogy will help you understand where you and atheists are in reality.

For most of our life times, and with out a doubt, previous to our life times, blacks were oppressed, and the rest of the world was horrified as to how white America treated blacks. But things have changed, people around the world are getting better information, and probably realize that black people are not oppressed, yet there are black people who continue to cry oppression. There are no countries that treat blacks better than America treats blacks, otherwise, blacks would migrate there.

There is no country that treats Latinos better than America, otherwise they would not be migrating through United States borders.

The same goes for atheists. The folly of atheists is the same folly of blacks, they do not know how to organize community. Black people do not trust other black people, and the same goes for atheists.

Your family reunion story is probably a delusion where you insist on being with your family that does not want to be bothered by you, and would rather you find community with atheists. Are you able to tell stories to your family about communion with atheists? Probably not, and they have taken note of that, or they are really stupid - do you have a cool atheist girlfriend? Probably not. And they are probably wondering when they are going to see some actual social changes caused by your work in the atheist internet gig you are so proud of - I'll bet you are a big disappointment to them.

Do yourself a favor and show them this post - it will make them feel better. Nobody is going to pay to listen to you tell them that the theists are stupid and oppressive.

You have a good radio voice, Seth, but you are not the thinking being that you believe yourself to be, if the only trick up your sleeve is the oppression racket. The world needs a better rendition of the social contract theory, and I own the copyright to that.

It should not be that difficult for people who were taught that the United States was founded by unjust slave owners, to realize that a just constitution needs to be written. It should not be that difficult for elite intellectual liberals to recognize that corrupt politics is the result of inadequacies of the imperfect Constitution. It should not be that difficult for fiscal conservatives to recognize that the government, like a business, needs to be reorganized, so as to deploy efficient techniques developed during the course of its evolution. It should not be that difficult for news people to recognize that "political gridlock" is the result of the politicians' need to be known as doing something, rather than nothing; otherwise, the constituents would realize that the politicians are over paid. It should not be that difficult for politicians to realize that the only way to change Washington, requires a change to the Constitution. It should not be that difficult for the high school graduate to recognize that if the Founders of the United States were tasked with authoring a constitution today, enriched with the organizational technologies and communications systems that we have today, that they would probably write it differently.

Humanism - ontological doctrine that posits that humans define reality
Theism - ontological doctrine that posits a supernatural entity creates and defines reality
Atheism - political doctrine opposed to theist doctrine in public policy
I am right, and you are wrong - I hope you die peacefullyCool
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like TrainWreck's post
12-04-2013, 04:57 PM
(16-03-2013 10:33 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Just a reminder for all the forum members that anyone who donates to TTA or purchases anything from the site is entitled to be made a contributing member.

Benefits include; a red username of awesomeness, extra stars under your name, and increased PM capabilities.

I've donated. Seriously?

[Image: mrhanky.jpg]

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

12-04-2013, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2013 07:54 PM by bbeljefe.)
(12-04-2013 04:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-03-2013 10:33 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Just a reminder for all the forum members that anyone who donates to TTA or purchases anything from the site is entitled to be made a contributing member.

Benefits include; a red username of awesomeness, extra stars under your name, and increased PM capabilities.

I've donated. Seriously?

No you haven't, Mom. And I haven't either. Obviously I haven't, because our friend above has declared that no one will pay to hear Seth speak. So there you have it. Truth has spoken. Dodgy

But seriously, PM Hughsie or wait till he sees your post. I'm sure he will fix your status post haste, as he did for me. Good man, that Hughsie.

EDIT - Scratch that last part. I just re read my post above and remembered that I asked for fuchsia. Fucker still gave me red.

Who does a fella have to blow to get some respect around this place?

12-04-2013, 07:52 PM
(12-04-2013 04:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've donated. Seriously?

Yeah, if you want to be made a contributor just PM me the email address you used to make the donation/purchase. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
13-04-2013, 07:25 AM
It may also be worthy of note to encourage everyone to rate the podcast. He has thousands of listeners each month yet only 89 (currently) ratings in iTunes...? Contrast that with the 3,623 ratings that Penn's Sunday School has. It may not be a fair comparison but Penn mentions on his show that supporting the podcast by rating it is free and easy and adds validity to potential advertisers of the show. Penn has sponsor ads in the show and it comes off fine I my opinion.

I'm wondering when or if Seth will consider doing ads. I think he should. In fact, he may want to replicate the Carolla Digital business model and create his own media conglomerate (Yes Seth, I think you are that good. Think BIG!!!).

At any rate, if you are unable to donate, you can still give Seth some support by rating in iTunes here & here.

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
[+] 2 users Like Grassy Knoll's post
13-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Good suggestion GK, hadn't thought of that!

As for Trainwreck's assessment that Seth offers nothing of value...I enjoy spending an hour listening to the podcasts. It's something I do in my downtime. Not that much different from someone who enjoys going to a movie to unwind...that's not free. I learn new things, learn about books and videos and people I may not not be familiar with that I want to check out. Absolutely worth a few bucks a year for me. And he isn't saying you have to pay or you can't listen. He is saying that your donations will help keep the podcasts free, those that prefer not to or who cannot donate don't have to. I donate because I do get something of value out of the podcasts...your results may vary.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
13-04-2013, 07:42 AM
(13-04-2013 07:25 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  ...

At any rate, if you are unable to donate, you can still give Seth some support by rating in iTunes here & here.

And if one doesn't use iTunes?

13-04-2013, 07:43 AM
(13-04-2013 07:42 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(13-04-2013 07:25 AM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  ...

And if one doesn't use iTunes?

Then mos def donate Tongue

Ɨ͚͙͢͟͠Ŧ̯͔̳̺̬̣̻ͅ ͖̬̰͖̺Ŧ̭̻̲̳̝̦̗Ⱥ̹̩͚͘͠͡Ꝁ̷͖̲͓̖͍̺̻Ɇ̧͈̟̞S̨̢̟̥̮­͇͈͓͉͉̣ ̶̵̪̜̪̰͕̙̱̜Ⱥ̧̝͉̕Ł̰̤̲͠Ø̨̡̯͍͙̩̭̦̦͔͔͟Ŧ̵̠̣̬̝ͅ­̬͓͚ ̮͍͙Ŧ̷͍͖̳̺͕̲̬͚͜ͅØ̷̷̳̗̠̻ ̻̪M͉̠͟Ⱥ͏̫̳̣Ꝁ̶̷̜̪͈̪Ɇ̧̦̳̻̘͙̗͉̠ ̨̯͉͙͚̫͓̜̗̗͝͝Ⱥ̡͎̳̤͚ ̴̰̥̩͎̜̣̗̕ͅS̢͈Ŧ͕͉͓͚͔Ɇ͕̙͉̫͓͉͈̖͞ͅW҉̗̖̟̳́ ̢͕̲̰͔́͞
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post