TTA Skills Resource

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-12-2012, 06:24 AM
TTA Skills Resource
We come here from all walks of life & I'd love to see us be able to turn to each other if we need guidance from a particular field of knowledge. If you will, go ahead and tell us the job(s)/trade(s) you've worked in that you might be able to offer a skilled perspective in. If you haven't worked or worked someplace where no real knowledge was required, tell us your special talents or fields you may have studied, what you can offer advice on, and how you'd like to be contacted to offer guidance. Don't be shy; everyone has something to offer. Smile

A caveat: Please be sure not to divulge any confidential/proprietary information of your field or of the agencie(s) you've worked with.

I'll start:

For the past 5 years I've worked for a not-for-profit hospice in the admissions office. I'm knowledgable about basic hospice care, general admission guidelines, and exceptions that may deem hospice an inappropriate option. I may also be able to assist with locating resources in your general area. I hope none of you will need my advice Sad ....but I'm here & you can PM me if you do.

Next?

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
14-12-2012, 06:27 AM
RE: TTA Skills Resource
You mean something like this:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...y-by-Filox

Smile

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
14-12-2012, 07:31 AM
Well, shit.

Fuck me.

Where's the emoticon for a deflated balloon?

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
14-12-2012, 11:01 AM
Your job would be interesting Percepticon. I had an aunt who volunteered in hospice for awhile, and she said she loved hearing the wonderful lives and adventures from the people, at the end of their lives. She said that although it was sad, it was also kind of inspiring. Some interesting stories have been lived.

Counselling for children, youth and families. (development, disorders, alcoholism and drug abuse, suicide intervention, aggressive behaviours, and a few other) I worked for almost a decade in this field before taking time off for my own kids. The schedule isn't really great for having wee kids myself, so I'm on a break from this career and it's direction. I feel I'll likely pick it up again in a few years, I did love it.

At the same time as this I apprenticed under a program and then a photographer for photography. I am a natural light portrait photographer (part time). If you decide to learn some amateur photography, I'd love to help if you have questions. Smile
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
14-12-2012, 11:22 AM
(14-12-2012 07:31 AM)Percepticon Wrote:  Fuck me.

Hmmm.... that kind of resource. And when are you going to be in the Providence area, again? Consider

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
14-12-2012, 11:32 AM
(14-12-2012 06:27 AM)Filox Wrote:  You mean something like this:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...y-by-Filox

Smile
Ohhh....I misunderstood earlier...I thought I had done a duplicate thread & you'd beat me to it. Now that I'm not chasing buses I see it's just your genius thread Big Grin So yeah, like that.

[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post