TTA Skypecast

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2013, 04:09 PM
RE: TTA Skypecast
(19-09-2013 03:46 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  If you want to have that many people I would suggest a more authoritarian approach to moderating. You give people an even number of chances to weigh in on a topic. Maybe you could even 'chime in' by typing something, like "Next" or something. Just a suggestion.

How about we use the IM as a function for lining up who talks next?

Like let's say you have something to include, you can type "I want to talk." And when other guy finishes his talking, you can go?

That way it isn't a surprise, and it gets people involved in dictating the flow.

I, of course, can try to moderate it.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
19-09-2013, 04:14 PM
(19-09-2013 04:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Yes. Yes you are.

Weeping

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
19-09-2013, 04:39 PM
(19-09-2013 04:09 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 03:46 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  If you want to have that many people I would suggest a more authoritarian approach to moderating. You give people an even number of chances to weigh in on a topic. Maybe you could even 'chime in' by typing something, like "Next" or something. Just a suggestion.

How about we use the IM as a function for lining up who talks next?

Like let's say you have something to include, you can type "I want to talk." And when other guy finishes his talking, you can go?

That way it isn't a surprise, and it gets people involved in dictating the flow.

That's what I meant.

20-09-2013, 08:47 AM
(19-09-2013 04:39 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(19-09-2013 04:09 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  How about we use the IM as a function for lining up who talks next?

That's what I meant.

That can't be right.

We can't do a Skypecast with order! You'll disturb the natural order you fools!
...Then again, fucking with the natural order of is kinda the point of sciencing. So... This weekend, anything at all?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and Hughsie too. As you may have noticed the Skypecast has been...missing recently. That is soon to change. In order to hopefully get more out of the Skypecasts Steven and I are going to try something a little more organizes, and intimate. The format of the recording will change as well. For starters, the host will have a topic prepared for discussion, as well as a few questions prepared to stimulate interesting conversation. The guests will be selected ahead of time (hopefully). There will be no more than three guests per recording session. Hopefully this will allow everyone to sufficiently speak their mind with minimal confusion. Additionally the show will be split into to parts. Steven will act as host and editor of one call with selected guests, and I will host another part several days later with new guests on the same topic. For the moment this is only a trial run. If it works well we shall continue to work this way. Both sections of the show will edited and put together as a single show.

The topic of the next show will The Concept of God. The date and time for the first recording has not yet been set, however it will most likely be on the weekend. The second recording will likely be during the evening (for US timezones) if enough interest is shown. Otherwise the second may be on the following weekend.

If you are interested in appearing, please indicate that by posting in the thread. Thanks!

25-09-2013, 06:58 PM
(25-09-2013 06:55 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Good evening ladies and gentlemen, and Hughsie too. As you may have noticed the Skypecast has been...missing recently. That is soon to change. In order to hopefully get more out of the Skypecasts Steven and I are going to try something a little more organizes, and intimate. The format of the recording will change as well. For starters, the host will have a topic prepared for discussion, as well as a few questions prepared to stimulate interesting conversation. The guests will be selected ahead of time (hopefully). There will be no more than three guests per recording session. Hopefully this will allow everyone to sufficiently speak their mind with minimal confusion. Additionally the show will be split into to parts. Steven will act as host and editor of one call with selected guests, and I will host another part several days later with new guests on the same topic. For the moment this is only a trial run. If it works well we shall continue to work this way. Both sections of the show will edited and put together as a single show.

The topic of the next show will The Concept of God. The date and time for the first recording has not yet been set, however it will most likely be on the weekend. The second recording will likely be during the evening (for US timezones) if enough interest is shown. Otherwise the second may be on the following weekend.

If you are interested in appearing, please indicate that by posting in the thread. Thanks!

This is dumb because the topic isn't bitches.
25-09-2013, 06:58 PM
But I think Rev should host it instead of Attie.
25-09-2013, 07:01 PM
The topic sucks.
How about something cool like the best way to make a grilled cheese?
You're gonna put people to sleep if you're just talking about God all the time. I mean we're all atheists, it's not exactly going to be the most bias-free debate now is it? You need topics that a) aren't boring as fuck, ie: god and b) people have differing opinions on ie: the best way to make a grilled cheese.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-09-2013, 07:01 PM
Well Hughsie and I are going to host our own Skype cast, which will include bitches, chicken, dietary supplements, aids and Skyrim. If you'd like to join, we're literally on Skype 24/7 because we're better than Stevie.
25-09-2013, 07:02 PM
(25-09-2013 07:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  The topic sucks.
How about something cool like the best way to make a cheese toastie?
You're gonna put people to sleep if you're just talking about God all the time. I mean we're all atheists, it's not exactly going to be the most bias-free debate now is it? You need topics that a) aren't boring as fuck, ie: god and b) people have differing opinions on ie: the best way to make a cheese toastie.

Fixed. Thumbsup

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.