TTA: Vision for the Future

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2014, 07:40 AM
RE: TTA: Vision for the Future
(31-12-2014 07:02 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  The focus of Seth's work appears to be that rational thinking is the needed alternative to religion. The site name summarizes his brand well, theTHINKINGatheist.com.

A complementary mission of the forum appears to be to provide a safe haven clubhouse for atheists.

The "thinking" mission and the "clubhouse" mission should be very clearly separated on the forum, because as it stands the clubhouse mission is totally destroying the thinking mission.

This can be accomplished by creating a clearly labeled clubhouse section down near the bottom where just about anything goes, and applying much tighter content controls to the main sections of the forum so that atheist THINKING will be the primary focus.

If tighter content controls are not applied somewhere, then the evidence is overwhelming that the entire forum will be a just a goof off clubhouse which undermines Seth's fundamental goal of offering rational thought as an alternative to religion.

Sadly, the evidence so far strongly suggests that nobody here including Seth gets any of this, and the most likely outcome will be that the forum continues to be a shining example of atheist ego and not atheist thinking. That's not an insult. That's what the evidence really does reveal.

If Seth and the mod team wish to credibly make the point that quality rational thought is the needed alternative to religion, one way or another a LOT more rational thought needs to appear on these pages.

If members of this forum won't trade memorized ideological dogmas for careful rational thought, why should theists do it? If you want to sell reason, you have to actually show it in action yourself.

It is truly admirable that in your short time here that you have entirely sussed out this forum, analyzed its problems, and recommended detailed solutions to said problems.

Now, fuck off. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
31-12-2014, 07:44 AM
(31-12-2014 07:02 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  The focus of Seth's work appears to be that rational thinking is the needed alternative to religion. The site name summarizes his brand well, theTHINKINGatheist.com.

So you're just now catching onto the inverse correlation between religiosity and education/intelligence?

(31-12-2014 07:02 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  A complementary mission of the forum appears to be to provide a safe haven clubhouse for atheists.

And you're not invited.

(31-12-2014 07:02 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  The "thinking" mission and the "clubhouse" mission should be very clearly separated on the forum, because as it stands the clubhouse mission is totally destroying the thinking mission.

Next up from the peanut gallery: Peer review is destroying science!

(31-12-2014 07:02 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  This can be accomplished by creating a clearly labeled clubhouse section down near the bottom where just about anything goes, and applying much tighter content controls to the main sections of the forum so that atheist THINKING will be the primary focus.

Because having designated spots for thinking is somehow better than allowing it everywhere, because reasons...

(31-12-2014 07:02 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  If tighter content controls are not applied somewhere, then the evidence is overwhelming that the entire forum will be a just a goof off clubhouse which undermines Seth's fundamental goal of offering rational thought as an alternative to religion.

We can have intelligent discussions with those honest and intelligent enough to carry them, but things usually devolve into shit-storms and rampant meme posting whenever the provocateur is just that, a provocateur. Empty concern trolls are not subject to special exemption or protection from ridicule (much like bad ideas). So you can just fuck right off whenever you feel your panties starting to bunch.

(31-12-2014 07:02 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  Sadly, the evidence so far strongly suggests that nobody here including Seth gets any of this, and the most likely outcome will be that the forum continues to be a shining example of atheist ego and not atheist thinking. That's not an insult. That's what the evidence really does reveal.

New Flash: Unsubstantiated Assertions now Constitute 'Evidence'.

(31-12-2014 07:02 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  If Seth and the mod team wish to credibly make the point that quality rational thought is the needed alternative to religion, one way or another a LOT more rational thought needs to appear on these pages.

Whatever you say peanut gallery.

(31-12-2014 07:02 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  If members of this forum won't trade memorized ideological dogmas for careful rational thought, why should theists do it? If you want to sell reason, you have to actually show it in action yourself.

News Flash: False Equivocation is no longer just for Theists! Fucktards can use it too!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
31-12-2014, 08:18 AM
(31-12-2014 06:28 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So, basically - Stark's number one rule, which has worked in the past and works now, is presumed to still be effective in the future? Consider

The rule never worked in the past because it was so very very rarely enforced.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes FSM_scot's post
31-12-2014, 08:24 AM
(31-12-2014 08:18 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 06:28 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So, basically - Stark's number one rule, which has worked in the past and works now, is presumed to still be effective in the future? Consider

Hah. Stark's rule is now "Don't be a dick or I'll cut you"...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
31-12-2014, 08:25 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2014 08:30 AM by gofish!.)
(31-12-2014 07:32 AM)morondog Wrote:  Go fuck yourself Bozo Smile

Brevity is the soul of wit... Smile

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
31-12-2014, 08:25 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2014 08:29 AM by FSM_scot.)
Also ft if woof gets banned for spam, why is this bozo guy not banned for spam, dildo (for his everyone will get ebola the end times are here runnnn!!! ) shit. Or egor, who's entire posting history consists of posts about how great his cult is, some thoughts on his cult, yet more of the exact same posts about his cult and of course the ever popular lolz atheism is stooopid posts.

I agree woof needed a kick up the arse, but there are far worse posters that get a free pass purely because they haven't annoyed you like woof did.

The only thing wrong with the way things were was that the FT didn't have any sense on when the ban hammer had to be swung, the sit back and hope everything sorts itself out (which it never did) attitude was the problem.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 6 users Like FSM_scot's post
31-12-2014, 08:29 AM

A complementary mission of the forum appears to be to provide a safe haven clubhouse for atheists.

The "thinking" mission and the "clubhouse" mission should be very clearly separated on the forum, because as it stands the clubhouse mission is totally destroying the thinking mission.

This can be accomplished by creating a clearly labeled clubhouse section down near the bottom where just about anything goes, and applying much tighter content controls to the main sections of the forum so that atheist THINKING will be the primary focus.

If tighter content controls are not applied somewhere, then the evidence is overwhelming that the entire forum will be a just a goof off clubhouse which undermines Seth's fundamental goal of offering rational thought as an alternative to religion.

Sadly, the evidence so far strongly suggests that nobody here including Seth gets any of this, and the most likely outcome will be that the forum continues to be a shining example of atheist ego and not atheist thinking. That's not an insult. That's what the evidence really does reveal.

If Seth and the mod team wish to credibly make the point that quality rational thought is the needed alternative to religion, one way or another a LOT more rational thought needs to appear on these pages.

If members of this forum won't trade memorized ideological dogmas for careful rational thought, why should theists do it? If you want to sell reason, you have to actually show it in action yourself.

[Image: spam.gif]

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
31-12-2014, 08:38 AM
(31-12-2014 07:02 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  ...
the entire forum will be a just a goof off clubhouse

So you're saying that we've already reached the 1st horizon?

Awesome! Mission accomplished. We can go home now.

Big Grin

31-12-2014, 08:45 AM
I'm already an Atheist, I've traveled worldwide...but I'm from Murica and you will not, I repeat, not, make me think! It makes things too difficult for us. Weeping

Happy New Year! Big Grin

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 5 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
31-12-2014, 08:48 AM
(31-12-2014 08:18 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  

When Stark is at the helm, it works.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat