TTA: Vision for the Future

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2014, 08:51 AM
RE: TTA: Vision for the Future
(31-12-2014 08:48 AM)Anjele Wrote:  When Stark is at the helm, it works.

Stark was at the helm when fzu was questioning your cancer and it was ignored. It seems the don't be a dick rule is very selective to grumpy old men apparently.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-12-2014, 08:53 AM
(31-12-2014 08:51 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 08:48 AM)Anjele Wrote:  When Stark is at the helm, it works.

Stark was at the helm when fzu was questioning your cancer and it was ignored. It seems the don't be a dick rule is very selective to grumpy old men apparently.
I thought Erx was large and in charge. Too bad my PMs are all gone or I could go back and look.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
31-12-2014, 09:01 AM
So is the short version is that you want to make TTA safer for atheist, increase thinking in atheist, and to make TTA more of a worldwide thing than it already is?

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
31-12-2014, 09:11 AM
(31-12-2014 08:53 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I thought Erx was large and in charge. Too bad my PMs are all gone or I could go back and look.

They were both admins at the time. Near the end of fzu's first account here, stark left dumping the situation on erx who wasn't here (it was around xmas) essentially leaving the forum adminless for that time, leading buddy to step up and swing the ban hammer on fuzzy.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
31-12-2014, 09:21 AM
(31-12-2014 08:45 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  I'm already an Atheist, I've traveled worldwide...but I'm from Murica and you will not, I repeat, not, make me think! It makes things too difficult for us. Weeping

Happy New Year! Big Grin

You too, KidC, have a good one. Live long and prosper.

Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
31-12-2014, 09:24 AM
(31-12-2014 09:01 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So is the short version is that you want to make TTA safer for atheist, increase thinking in atheist, and to make TTA more of a worldwide thing than it already is?

Nope. The short version is... Happy New, Zeke. May all your experiments not bite you.

Thumbsup

31-12-2014, 09:28 AM
(31-12-2014 08:25 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  The only thing wrong with the way things were was that the FT didn't have any sense on when the ban hammer had to be swung, the sit back and hope everything sorts itself out (which it never did) attitude was the problem.

I'd say it was the root. Reluctance to swing the hammer. That and some kinda byzantine rule scheme for determining who was eligible for banning (nobody). TBH I'd rather it was swung overenthusiastically for a while, than left to rust while Fuzzy and his ilk trashed the place.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
31-12-2014, 10:16 AM
(31-12-2014 08:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Awesome! Mission accomplished. We can go home now.

Well, apologies, no offense intended, but this is what I mean. Every thread on the forum gets swamped by the all powerful Quip God.

It's not that quips are a crime against nature, but they do undermine the core message of this website when they are deployed with wild abandon in great quantity, when they crowd out and discourage the "thinking".

It would be easy to have the cake and eat it too if quip content could be directed to one part of the forum and thinking to another.

Or, another option could be for Seth to drop the proposal that religion is a problem which needs to be fixed, thus there'd be no need to set an example of where the solution lies, and no need to offer a sample of an alternative.
31-12-2014, 10:37 AM
(31-12-2014 10:16 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 08:38 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Awesome! Mission accomplished. We can go home now.

Well, apologies, no offense intended, but this is what I mean. Every thread on the forum gets swamped by the all powerful Quip God.

It's not that quips are a crime against nature, but they do undermine the core message of this website when they are deployed with wild abandon in great quantity, when they crowd out and discourage the "thinking".

It would be easy to have the cake and eat it too if quip content could be directed to one part of the forum and thinking to another.

Or, another option could be for Seth to drop the proposal that religion is a problem which needs to be fixed, thus there'd be no need to set an example of where the solution lies, and no need to offer a sample of an alternative.

You see, this is what I was talking about.

We need "humility" as a guiding principle. Say what ever you want, so long as you don't take yourself so seriously, you drown yourself and everyone else in your own pomposity.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
31-12-2014, 10:38 AM
(31-12-2014 10:16 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  

Laser Beams!

PEW! PEW! PEW!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 5 users Like kingschosen's post