TTA: Vision for the Future

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-12-2014, 10:47 AM
RE: TTA: Vision for the Future
(31-12-2014 10:16 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  ...
It would be easy to have the cake and eat it too if quip content could be directed to one part of the forum and thinking to another.

'Scuse me but this OP was on a very serious topic. It's my thread I would like you to stop going on about quips.

I think your outrageous Quip-Apartheid suggestion would backfire.

Segregating them is one thing but y'know, one day they just might start realising they are being oppressed, get organised and rise up.

We can't have that.

Better to have them in plain sight where we can keep an eye on the little buggers!

Angry

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
31-12-2014, 10:55 AM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2014 12:31 PM by FSM_scot.)
(31-12-2014 10:38 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Laser Beams!

PEW! PEW! PEW!

[Image: vaTxDOz.jpg]

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 3 users Like FSM_scot's post
31-12-2014, 11:05 AM
(31-12-2014 09:24 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 09:01 AM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  So is the short version is that you want to make TTA safer for atheist, increase thinking in atheist, and to make TTA more of a worldwide thing than it already is?

Nope. The short version is... Happy New, Zeke. May all your experiments not bite you.

Thumbsup

Will do, I will just make them bite other people.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
31-12-2014, 12:34 PM
(31-12-2014 10:16 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  It would be easy to have the cake and eat it too if quip content could be directed to one part of the forum and thinking to another.

How does one judge what is a quip? Is it when your whiny ass gets handed to you in one sentence? When someone cuts through your bullshit without waffling like a fucken toolbox fascinated with his own opinion of himself? I can see why you'd like quip content directed somewhere else. Then you can preen and strut and think very highly of yourself Smile Too bad we don't give a shit what you think Big Grin

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
31-12-2014, 12:47 PM
(31-12-2014 09:11 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 08:53 AM)Anjele Wrote:  I thought Erx was large and in charge. Too bad my PMs are all gone or I could go back and look.

They were both admins at the time. Near the end of fzu's first account here, stark left dumping the situation on erx who wasn't here (it was around xmas) essentially leaving the forum adminless for that time, leading buddy to step up and swing the ban hammer on fuzzy.

I didn't dump shit on Erx. He was a good friend to me, knew about my situation and OFFERED to take the helm.

If you have something to say, say it to my face.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
31-12-2014, 03:29 PM
(31-12-2014 04:50 AM)gofish! Wrote:  Hippies talking on hilsides blathering on about meak people being cool is no basis for rationale philosophical or ethical enquiry.

There it is again, the hippie bashing. I hope you are just too young to know what you are talking about.

Hippies broke the mold so you could be openly gay, choose what to believe in if anything, escape the fate of being pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen and smoke a nice joint if you want.

Society hasn't even caught up to them yet and you are bashing them. Bangin

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
31-12-2014, 04:23 PM
(31-12-2014 10:16 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  It's not that quips are a crime against nature, but they do undermine the core message of this website when they are deployed with wild abandon in great quantity, when they crowd out and discourage the "thinking".

So saith the Baba Bozo and thus it did not come to pass.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
31-12-2014, 04:25 PM
If we're going to start enforcing the "Don't be a dick" rule, methinks that Stark will have to start swinging his ban hammer much more often. [Image: bat.gif]

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
31-12-2014, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 31-12-2014 06:52 PM by GirlyMan.)
(31-12-2014 04:25 PM)Vosur Wrote:  If we're going to start enforcing the "Don't be a dick" rule, methinks that Stark will have to start swinging his ban hammer much more often. [Image: bat.gif]

There's gotta be creative ways to try and rehabilitate them first.

1) Make their posts visible only to themselves. "Now you go sit over there in the corner and think about what you said."
2) Send their posts through a gibberish generator. "There are words coming out of your mouth but I don't know what you're saying."
3) Send them love letters from TrainWreck's account.

There are words coming out of your mouth but I don't know what you're saying." "There are words coming out of you're saying." "There are words coming out of you're saying." "There are words coming out of you're saying." "There are words coming out of your mouth but I don't know what you're saying." "There are words coming out of you're saying." "There are words coming out of you're saying." "There are words coming out of you're saying." "There are words coming out of you're saying." "There are words

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
31-12-2014, 04:53 PM
(31-12-2014 03:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  There it is again, the hippie bashing. I hope you are just too young to know what you are talking about.

This forum, most forums, in a nutshell.

(31-12-2014 03:29 PM)Dom Wrote:  Hippies broke the mold so you could be openly gay, choose what to believe in if anything, escape the fate of being pregnant and barefoot in the kitchen and smoke a nice joint if you want.

We of the Geezer Hippy Nation appreciate your support!

Not everything the hippies did was cool, and we betrayed many of our youthful values in the end, but like every generation we made a good faith effort to make a contribution and hope to continuing to do so a bit longer.

They say if you can remember the sixties you weren't really there, but fuck, I can barely remember any of the damn decades now! :-)