TTA: Vision for the Future

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-01-2015, 08:00 AM
RE: TTA: Vision for the Future
(01-01-2015 07:53 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  If you are not CHOOSING what you read and how you experience it, then I am the master of your mind and you are my slave. Do you prefer this explanation?

When there is a fly buzzing around it gets my attention too. Once it goes away I forget about it. You are, at best, an irritant. Congratulations on reaching your potential.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like unfogged's post
01-01-2015, 12:34 PM
(01-01-2015 07:18 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  ...
Focusing on everybody else is a transparent mechanism for hiding from yourself. He sagely said, while typing about those people over there. :-)

Wise words indeed.

You guys

Protip: Stop with all the generalisations, all the time, already.

Thus, when some Bozo dickhead comes along and displays limited social skills, you become OBSESSED with that person and their impact upon your ego.

People who were primarily interested in the stated topic, atheist thinking, would observe the Bozo has limited social skills and say to themselves "too bad for him", and then return to their topic focused discussions.

You guys are trying to cure the dickhead problem in the least rational manner.

As observed by the fogless one, above, the buzzing fly gets one's momentary attention. I suppose that could be categorised as a very short-term obsession. Until... THWAPPP!

But I think there is a difference between Experimenting On A Curious Specimen and Dickhead Relationship Management.

Internet-entities with limited social skills are not, for me, a problem that needs to be managed. But for reasons I won't go into (people who know me understand the reasons) they are useful to probe for a while to add to the BoK I need IRL.

Would you not agree that everyone with whom one interacts impacts one's ego?

Why is that not a good thing?

Consider

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
01-01-2015, 02:54 PM
(31-12-2014 12:53 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 12:51 AM)gofish! Wrote:  Did you consider that, despite best intentions, the policies might inhibit the sort of open vocal opinion I have come to enjoy here?

After all, sometimes one person's "dickedness" is another person's deep insight/necessary intervention/collegial correction...

Good point, well made.

However, dickedness is defined only by our magnificent overlord.

Smile

Seeing as how I don't have a dick makes it almost impossible for me to be a dick.

I say "almost impossible" because there is more than one road to dickensonia land.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
01-01-2015, 03:16 PM
(01-01-2015 02:54 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(31-12-2014 12:53 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Good point, well made.

However, dickedness is defined only by our magnificent overlord.

Smile

Seeing as how I don't have a dick makes it almost impossible for me to be a dick.

I say "almost impossible" because there is more than one road to dickensonia land.

Hey...their words, not mine. I liked the earlier suggestion about assholes because, as we all know, they're like opinions - everyone has one. Smile

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
[+] 1 user Likes gofish!'s post
01-01-2015, 03:28 PM
(01-01-2015 07:53 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 07:31 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Bla bla bla bla. If you're such a fucking wise sage on the topic of forums, why don't you just create a forum for yourself where you can make up the rules?

I've come to see that this is good advice, thank you, which I am now working on. You're right, the only way I'm going to get what I want is make it myself.

Now fuck off.

(01-01-2015 07:53 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  Hmm.. I don't recall saying I wanted any power here.

Indirectly you have by spamming your bullshit ideas and hoping they'll pass. You want popularity, which power fits into. Too bad you fail to understand basic social norms. For a forum veteran, you kinda suck at this.

(01-01-2015 07:53 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  Wasting my time? Yep, agreed.

Then why are you still posting?

(01-01-2015 07:53 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  Members here have given me (an anonymous stranger on the Internet) control of their brains, and allowed me to manipulate their emotional experience in any way I want.

All I have to do is type a few words like "you guys are so wrong" or "prove that reason is qualified" or "what a bunch of quipers" and you rush out to meet me so you can embrace the victim experience.

But of course, if you admitted to yourselves that is is you who are CHOOSING to read my posts over and over day after day, and you who are CHOOSING to experience those posts as annoying etc, that would pop the victim fantasy bubble and ruin everything.

If you are not CHOOSING what you read and how you experience it, then I am the master of your mind and you are my slave. Do you prefer this explanation?

Funny how that logic also applies to the fact that you replied to my post. I wanted you to CONFRONT me when I wrote the post you just CONFRONTED me with. You did what I wanted you to do, "slave"... Do you know how fucking stupid you sound? But now, as I am your new "master", I order you to eat your own feces and go bother another forum. Or just start behaving in way that makes people not dislike you here. It can't be that difficult.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
01-01-2015, 05:22 PM
(01-01-2015 03:28 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Then why are you still posting?

Cause you're still reading them fool. :-)

Why is that anyway? Can't control yourself? Addicted to my genius? Are you a slave to Baba Bozo's advanced mind control techniques?

There's a solution to you little problem TwerpBoy. It's the ignore list in your control panel. Look it up, I'm sure you can figure it out.
02-01-2015, 12:41 AM
(01-01-2015 05:22 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
(01-01-2015 03:28 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Then why are you still posting?

Cause you're still reading them fool. :-)

Why is that anyway? Can't control yourself? Addicted to my genius? Are you a slave to Baba Bozo's advanced mind control techniques?

There's a solution to you little problem TwerpBoy. It's the ignore list in your control panel. Look it up, I'm sure you can figure it out.

Oh Bozo, you're so fucken not cute. Go fuck yourself Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-01-2015, 01:10 AM
(01-01-2015 07:18 AM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  
Quote:Brownshirt and Bozo are good examples of what not to do i.e. "how to irritate people from your first post".

This is false. Sadly, it took me longer than one post to irritate people. I have so much to learn yet! :-)

Seriously....

The reason you guys are so concerned with this "we are irritated!" business is because, as the majority of posts across the forum clearly demonstrate, the primary reason for your participation here is inflating egos.

Thus, when some Bozo dickhead comes along and displays limited social skills, you become OBSESSED with that person and their impact upon your ego.

People who were primarily interested in the stated topic, atheist thinking, would observe the Bozo has limited social skills and say to themselves "too bad for him", and then return to their topic focused discussions.

You guys are trying to cure the dickhead problem in the least rational manner.

As you surely know, the human race is filled with vast armies of dickheads extending out over the horizon to infinity. There is exactly zero chance you're going to be able to manage them all, especially in a forum based on "anything goes".

The practical rational realistic thing to do is manage the one brain you actually have some control over, yours. Don't focus on managing the bozo dickheads, focus on managing your RELATIONSHIP with bozo dickheads.

Bozos can only dent your ego if you are focused on your ego. Otherwise, they are powerless, and thus don't need to be managed.

This is probably going to be challenging here, because forum atheist culture is unsophisticated and focused outwards, on somebody else, that guy over there, and why he's wrong and so on.

Focusing on everybody else is a transparent mechanism for hiding from yourself. He sagely said, while typing about those people over there. :-)

Seriously, bro. Who the fuck are you?

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
02-01-2015, 03:21 AM
(01-01-2015 05:22 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  Cause you're still reading them fool. :-)

Didn't you just say you were wasting your time here? What changed?

(01-01-2015 05:22 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  Why is that anyway? Can't control yourself? Addicted to my genius? Are you a slave to Baba Bozo's advanced mind control techniques?

Why is what, anyway? And stop with the mind-master thing; I already debunked it. But if you're so keen to think that way, I did fucking prove that you're *my* mind-slave according to your logic. So, shut the fuck up slave, I don't remember telling you had premisson to talk.

(01-01-2015 05:22 PM)Baba Bozo Wrote:  There's a solution to you little problem TwerpBoy. It's the ignore list in your control panel. Look it up, I'm sure you can figure it out.

Twerp? What are you, a member of Team Rocket? In that case, I would gladly help you "blasting off again", off this forum and never come back.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
02-01-2015, 06:21 AM
(02-01-2015 01:10 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Seriously, bro. Who the fuck are you?

Seriously bro, ask a better question, and you'll get a better answer. Your post had seven words, and mine has 23, so I win. :-)