Poll: Would you use the wallpapers? (Assuming they are gorgeous ;)
Yes
No
Maybe
I like my background, thanks anyway.
[Show Results]

TTA Wallpapers

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2011, 09:04 AM
TTA Wallpapers
Would you guys use them as long as they look good? I would like to contribute to the community in any way possible for now until I can get some type of income but I just wanted to know before I spent a lot of my time making them. I'll make all standard resolutions for each wallpaper so everyone can use them whether you have a small monitor or a large one.

Also, I would like to ask if it's okay to use the banner in some of them. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2011, 09:11 AM

Photo RE: TTA Wallpapers
I voted no, not because I wouldn't approve nor appreciate TTA wallpapers, but because I'm trying to conserve resources on my machine. I have everything set to basics as it is. Not even my sound card works, so that video's are great only if I'm suddenly a lip reader. Rolleyes So until I can find it in my budget to afford a new computer, I try to stay away from bells and whistles like wallpapers.

Though I have no doubt creative artists the likes of which TTA is graced with could make some awesome wallpapers so as to really stand out and further the positive atheism message. And the militant one as well. Tongue Since for many Theists, atheists daring to speak outside a closet firmly nailed shut by crossed nails, is considered militant.

So while I wouldn't use them, per the option on the poll, another poll option would be yes, it's a great idea! Big Grin
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2011, 09:14 AM
RE: TTA Wallpapers
I'll also be making light wallpapers for people who have low resources Smile
03-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Example: [Image: preview.jpg]
03-05-2011, 01:01 PM
I don't think I'd use a wallpaper, but I didn't vote because I think it's actually a good idea. It would be nice to have available to those who would use it. So although my vote is "no, I doubt I'd use it" my vote is also "Yes, I think it's a good idea, and thanks so much for contributing!"

That being said, if you go ahead and create some for us, it will be DeepThoughts final decision as to whether we us them. He's the one who has to put the work in to impliment the technical stuff, so he gets the deciding vote when it comes to that. So before you go to too much work, make sure he's on board.

Thanks.

Just visiting.

-SR
03-05-2011, 10:47 PM
I would be happy to implement a wallpaper option in the user control panel. Was that how you wanted to implement it?

I actually have been thinking about things on a similar line - like customizing the theme based on the forum you are in - I.e. In the coffee house there would be a steaming cup of coffee/tea in the background and the heading colors of the posts would change. I'd have more of the wooden/brown textures.

Just little subtle changes like that which are relatively easy to implement since they don't change the overall layout of the pages.

Just on your Photoshop edits keep the text - i.e. thethinkingatheist.com as a separate layer in case there are changes needed to make it fit properly with the template.
04-05-2011, 05:20 AM
There's something about this one that turns me off... I think just to much white and not enough blend with the font but these are just some ideas. I'll make more when I get home this afternoon and hopefully have some superb ones soon =/ Input is always nice to have though Wink

[Image: readypn.png]