TTA Zombie Survival Skills

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-08-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: TTA Zombie Survival Skills
(11-08-2015 09:26 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I have some medical training so I can help your asses if you get hurt. I am also pretty flexible so I can get into and out of places most people probably can't. Might be helpful in obtaining food or other things *shrugs*... I'm also fairly calm in stressful situations. I'm also vegan so I won't eat any of your food Tongue

Consider
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
11-08-2015, 10:33 AM
(11-08-2015 10:27 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 09:26 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I have some medical training so I can help your asses if you get hurt. I am also pretty flexible so I can get into and out of places most people probably can't. Might be helpful in obtaining food or other things *shrugs*... I'm also fairly calm in stressful situations. I'm also vegan so I won't eat any of your food Tongue

Consider

Facepalm Is this going to wind up in the quotes taken out of context thread? I already have two from last week Tongue

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
11-08-2015, 10:53 AM
(11-08-2015 10:33 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 10:27 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Consider

Facepalm Is this going to wind up in the quotes taken out of context thread? I already have two from last week Tongue

Maybe not, but it is ripe for creative editing. Big Grin

"I'm also vegan so I won't eat any of you..."

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
11-08-2015, 10:58 AM
(11-08-2015 09:26 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm also vegan so I won't eat any of your food Tongue

You might not eat the food -- but you're eating the food's feed......

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
11-08-2015, 11:18 AM
(11-08-2015 10:33 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 10:27 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Consider

You seem to have a knack for this sort of thing.

That is not a complaint. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
11-08-2015, 11:32 AM
(11-08-2015 09:02 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 08:33 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  1. I study survival methods for fun. That includes foraging for food, trapping food, finding water sources, making water drinkable, building shelters, a million and one ways to start a fire ( I can start a fire with a tampon, two planks of wood and some wood ash Smile). I know how to forage for edible plants and I also have 15 years of experience hunting wild edible mushrooms (doesn't to much for nutrition but lots for flavor)

2. I am cpr and first aid certified and also have some experience in sports therapy ( can wrap sprains, various injuries rather well).

3. I am an excellent shot (aced a FBI standard shooting test, leaving a solid hole at center mass of the target)

4. I have studied martial arts since I was three. I was first taught by a friend of the family who immigrated here from China via Vietnam. He had learned from monks and wouldn't even train his own kids (this did create some tension). After that I studied Shito Ryu Karate, Northern Shaolin Long Fist, Ying Jow Pai, Choy Lay Fut, Yau Kung Mun, Wing Chun, Hung Gar, Yang Taiji, Xingyi, Baguazhang and Jeet Kune Do.

5. I have an exceptional sense of humor and will help you keep your sanity by making you laugh a lot.

Hey don't underestimate those mushrooms. They may be low calorie but they're micro-nutrient packed, so they'll at least help support healthy cognitive and immune system functions while you're starving to death Tongue But really, nutrient deficiency can become a big problem after a couple weeks in a survival situation. Even if you can find enough calories to stay alive, things can get pretty miserable when you start to develop mysterious rashes and your immune system spontaneously craps out and you can no longer fight off infections in the inevitable bumps and scrapes that go along with being outdoors.

I've taken my 3 year old foraging a couple times in Quebec. He's catching on pretty quick, as far as remembering which plants/mushrooms/roots are safe to eat and which aren't. I've also been showing him how to quickly find big, fat, nutritious insects, though I don't actually feed him any. Just making sure he knows in case the zombies come. Gotta teach the kids what's important, you know.

There are some species that carry great health/medicinal benefits such as Ganoderma tsuage, Ganodeema lucidum, Trametes versicolor, Inonotus obliquus, Cordyceps sinensis and Lentinula edodes (shitake).

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-08-2015, 11:39 AM
Considering all these posts my skill with sword (I'm kinda rusty though) and training in fighting in full plate seems somewhat underwhelming Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
11-08-2015, 11:47 AM
(11-08-2015 11:39 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Considering all these posts my skill with sword (I'm kinda rusty though) and training in fighting in full plate seems somewhat underwhelming Wink

We could use you as bait while a few of us gun nuts take cover a safe distance away, perhaps with a cup of coffee and some crumpets, and pick off the zombies as they try to chew through your plate.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
11-08-2015, 11:49 AM
(11-08-2015 11:47 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 11:39 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Considering all these posts my skill with sword (I'm kinda rusty though) and training in fighting in full plate seems somewhat underwhelming Wink

We could use you as bait while a few of us gun nuts take cover a safe distance away, perhaps with a cup of coffee and some crumpets, and pick off the zombies as they try to chew through your plate.

It's so good to be useful Big Grin

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
11-08-2015, 11:51 AM
(11-08-2015 10:58 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(11-08-2015 09:26 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm also vegan so I won't eat any of your food Tongue

You might not eat the food -- but you're eating the food's feed......

Big Grin

True, but veggie burgers and tofu would be all mine!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi