TTA Zombie Survival Skills

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-08-2015, 10:40 AM
RE: TTA Zombie Survival Skills
If any of the characters in Walking Dead didn't use guns like complete idiots, they might be more useful Tongue Despite the fact that guns are used in almost every episode, to date there has only been two gunfights that I would say were executed rationally. The one where Merle used a zombie distraction to flank the Governor's men, and the one where Carol attacked the cannibals.

At any rate, us gun nuts are not idiots like most of you hippies might imagine Tongue We wouldn't wait until the zombie apocalypse to suddenly figure out "Holy shit, Bob, these things make noise! And all this time I was just wearing ear plugs at the range to fit in!" A few marksmen spaced a couple hundred meters apart using hit and run tactics on rough terrain could wreak havoc on masses of zombies, and the noise would actually help with that. Or I could just grab my climbing gear and a few of the loudest rifles I can find, put a hundred thousand rounds or so of ammunition on a cliff side near a town I wanted to clear, lead some zombies there, and start shooting until the whole town is dead or I run out of ammo. If my decent is still overrun, I'd just climb up higher and escape on a different side of the mountain.

Swords and stuff like that would be handy for conserving ammo while taking out small numbers of zombies, such as while clearing houses. I'd only wear the armor if I knew I had someone to pull the zombies off if I got knocked over. Bite invulnerability is nice, but if it slows you down and you get a pile of zombies on you, you might starve to death inside your suit before you get up.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
12-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Strange how the gun nuts always fantasise about being able to shoot zombies from very far away. It's like they don't imagine ever needing to be in an enclosed space like a forest or a street or inside a shop scavenging for supplies where you can get trapped. That's when you need the swords.

Gun nut fantasy:

What would happen in reality:

[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
12-08-2015, 11:09 AM
My M4 is for the mid range shots, my Vector is for the enclosed space, and my breaching tomahawk is for opening skulls point blank if it comes to it Smile

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
12-08-2015, 12:56 PM
(12-08-2015 11:03 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Strange how the gun nuts always fantasise about being able to shoot zombies from very far away. It's like they don't imagine ever needing to be in an enclosed space like a forest or a street or inside a shop scavenging for supplies where you can get trapped. That's when you need the swords.

lol! Strange how people who fantasize about chopping up zombies with a 40" long kantana think their choice of fantasy weapon would some how give them an advantage over someone using a semi automatic rifle that at 36" is even shorter than the kantana. Not to mention a rifle is designed to be held close to the body as opposed to swung in a huge arc like the sword.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
12-08-2015, 02:21 PM
... and not to mention that even when out of ammo, with a rifle you can club your way out of a jam.
12-08-2015, 02:23 PM
(12-08-2015 12:56 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  Strange how people who fantasize about chopping up zombies

you can stop right there -- that's all ya need.

Smartass

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
12-08-2015, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 12-08-2015 02:52 PM by Mathilda.)
(12-08-2015 12:56 PM)Popeyes Pappy Wrote:  lol! Strange how people who fantasize about chopping up zombies with a 40" long kantana think their choice of fantasy weapon would some how give them an advantage over someone using a semi automatic rifle that at 36" is even shorter than the kantana. Not to mention a rifle is designed to be held close to the body as opposed to swung in a huge arc like the sword.

I actually wrote out a long reply to this and then thought "What the fuck am I doing? It's a thread about a zombie holocaust! This is far too serious"
[+] 3 users Like Mathilda's post
12-08-2015, 02:37 PM
Exactly!

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
12-08-2015, 05:07 PM
It's not any less productive than a standard political debate, and a zombie apocalypse has roughly the same chance of happening as anything most politicians will promise.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
12-08-2015, 05:53 PM
I have about 100 guns and I am an excellent marksman. I can shoot a handgun equally well with either hand. I am an excellent archer. I am a great hunter and I am a good fisherman. I have lived off the land for months at a time when I was younger. I can ride any horse, no matter how rank. I am a fairly good technical climber and an exceptionally strong swimmer. I can track you down if you get lost and I'm a pretty good hunting camp cook. For you vegetarians, I can identify and cook a lot of wild plants and they can be very tasty. And, if we come across a small airplane that has fuel in it, I can fly us down to Punta Cana or to Cabo for the winter months.

edited to add: I don't drink alcohol anymore at all but I can brew a variety of delicious beers.
[+] 4 users Like Black Eagle's post