TTA Zombie Survival Skills

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 10:10 AM
RE: TTA Zombie Survival Skills
Ooh I have a library of useful books such as foraging for food, survival skills, self sufficiency etc.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 10:16 AM
We need someone to make moonshine.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
13-10-2014, 10:17 AM
(13-10-2014 10:16 AM)Nurse Wrote:  We need someone to make moonshine.

I say we make camp at a winery, distillery or brewery.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
13-10-2014, 10:20 AM
I have brewing experience. No experience distilling anything though. As an experiment I once tried distilling some beer in the freezer and ended up with a beer lolly.
13-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Army cavalry scout with multiple deployments under my belt, currently playing the weekend warrior game. I also hold the 92W MOS, which is water purification. If we can make it to both the armory for the weapons and the motorpool for vehicles and water purification equipment, it's fucking game on.

Did a lot of hunting as a kid in both Washington state and Alaska. Fairly proficient at taking out small game like squirrels and rabbits with easily improvised weapons like slings and slingshots. Yeah I've been vegetarian a few years but it'd all come back I'm sure.

I do winter survival and mountaineering training several times annually and have earned my goat pin lol, the badge unique to the 86th infantry brigade displaying mountain warfare qualifications. I know where to find food in places others might never think to look and, in a pinch, could rig a load bearing system to easily get equipment and inexperience climbers up to elevated camps not easily accessible by zombies or other people.

I could build a better perimeter defense in a day than the bullshit either Rick or the governor had around their communities.

And I have a lot of friends who are just as if not more nuts than me. Between us we have a near arsenal and several hundred thousand rounds of ammunition. I personally sport a .556 chambered Bushmaster M4 with plenty of attachments, and a .45 acp Vector CRB that, though lacking in penetration, is a monster at close range against soft targets and just begging for a zombie apocalypse to let it be put to use.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
13-10-2014, 10:28 AM
(13-10-2014 10:21 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Army cavalry scout with multiple deployments under my belt, currently playing the weekend warrior game. I also hold the 92W MOS, which is water purification. If we can make it to both the armory for the weapons and the motorpool for vehicles and water purification equipment, it's fucking game on.

Did a lot of hunting as a kid in both Washington state and Alaska. Fairly proficient at taking out small game like squirrels and rabbits with easily improvised weapons like slings and slingshots. Yeah I've been vegetarian a few years but it'd all come back I'm sure.

I do winter survival and mountaineering training several times annually and have earned my goat pin lol, the badge unique to the 86th infantry brigade displaying mountain warfare qualifications. I know where to find food in places others might never think to look and, in a pinch, could rig a load bearing system to easily get equipment and inexperience climbers up to elevated camps not easily accessible by zombies or other people.

I could build a better perimeter defense in a day than the bullshit either Rick or the governor had around their communities.

And I have a lot of friends who are just as if not more nuts than me. Between us we have a near arsenal and several hundred thousand rounds of ammunition. I personally sport a .556 chambered Bushmaster M4 with plenty of attachments, and a .45 acp Vector CRB that, though lacking in penetration, is a monster at close range against soft targets and just begging for a zombie apocalypse to let it be put to use.

I'm calling dibs to be on his team. Smile

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
13-10-2014, 11:25 AM
I grow good weed.

I win.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 12 users Like Stark Raving's post
13-10-2014, 11:30 AM
For the very particular lack of skills which I possess. Tongue

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
13-10-2014, 11:36 AM
(13-10-2014 10:16 AM)Nurse Wrote:  We need someone to make moonshine.

You missed it. I missed it. My cousins did not miss it.
http://zombiepubcrawl.com/2014-minneapolis/

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
13-10-2014, 11:41 AM
I've seen prisoners make brew out of packs of apple juice, cups of fruit cocktail, and hoarded slices of bread. If you need a way to get wasted after the apocalypse, just follow Rick's lead and hit up a prison. I guarantee they'll figure something out no matter how few options they have to work with.

'Murican Canadian