TTA Zombie Survival Skills

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-10-2014, 11:42 AM
RE: TTA Zombie Survival Skills
-I'm reasonably agile, quick thinking, and level-headed.
-I'm confident I can preempt bad situations with forward thinking.
-Very fast learner.
-Can cook and garden.

-Unfortunately, I'm not very deadly. So I'd have to learn/change.

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-10-2014, 11:45 AM
I buddy up with someone because I have absolutely no survival skills. I have shot a gun less than 10 times and planted a vegetable garden 1 summer. Sucks for whoever has me on their team.
[+] 1 user Likes TN Skeptic's post
13-10-2014, 11:47 AM
(13-10-2014 11:45 AM)TN Skeptic Wrote:  I buddy up with someone because I have absolutely no survival skills. I have shot a gun less than 10 times and planted a vegetable garden 1 summer. Sucks for whoever has me on their team.

Well, ya know, when food runs scarce there will have to be sacrifices made. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
13-10-2014, 11:49 AM
I'm a musician. C'mon, you can't have a zombie apocalypse without a good soundtrack, right? Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
13-10-2014, 12:00 PM
(13-10-2014 11:49 AM)evenheathen Wrote:  I'm a musician. C'mon, you can't have a zombie apocalypse without a good soundtrack, right? Tongue

Pied piper of zombies? Smile

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
13-10-2014, 12:01 PM
It's in the beginning that us survivalist nutcases will shine, but ultimately we'd need a bit of everything. What I lack that we'd need to look for are mechanical/engineering expertise. I'd love to head to the Rockies and get a nice camp going on some of the hot water springs. We could use them not only for heating year round, possibly even throw some greenhouses over them, but, with the right kind of expertise, a limited amount of geothermal power generation to get us going while we take back the cities. That part of the plan is far beyond my abilities, however Tongue Just me daydreaming.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
13-10-2014, 12:01 PM
(13-10-2014 11:45 AM)TN Skeptic Wrote:  I buddy up with someone because I have absolutely no survival skills. I have shot a gun less than 10 times and planted a vegetable garden 1 summer. Sucks for whoever has me on their team.

No no no. You need to brag about yourself.

You're gorgeous. So you could say something like:

"I'm fucking hot. I give these mortal men hope and a reason to live just by my mere existence."

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
13-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Fencing, pretty handy with a bow and arrow, swords, knives, can even make my own weapons. I could also teach others.

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
13-10-2014, 12:21 PM

Never fired a gun in my life, but I have an egg whisk and I'm pretty handy with it.

Bring it.

Hate the belief, love the believer.
[+] 5 users Like Elder Cunningham's post
13-10-2014, 12:27 PM
(13-10-2014 12:21 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  

Never fired a gun in my life, but I have an egg whisk and I'm pretty handy with it.

Bring it.

[Image: Egg_whisk_equipped.png]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post