I can also make them shoo fly.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-10-2014, 02:40 PM
RE: TTA Zombie Survival Skills
(13-10-2014 02:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  [Image: A28BB94A-3284-4223-9F95-5F6C5413E626-445...3bede8.jpg]

That's bollocks. If push came to shove I'm pretty sure I could take down a zombie with a cell phone, a George Foreman grill, a Galileo thermometer and possibly a mass spectrometer. And if the washing machine is up a flight of stairs, I'll use that as well.

But why no mention of an egg whisk?

Hate the belief, love the believer.
13-10-2014, 03:01 PM
(13-10-2014 02:40 PM)Elder Cunningham Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 02:29 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  [Image: A28BB94A-3284-4223-9F95-5F6C5413E626-445...3bede8.jpg]

That's bollocks. If push came to shove I'm pretty sure I could take down a zombie with a cell phone, a George Foreman grill, a Galileo thermometer and possibly a mass spectrometer. And if the washing machine is up a flight of stairs, I'll use that as well.

But why no mention of an egg whisk?

You're right no egg whisk. No list is complete without one.
That's it, I'm standing behind you with the whisk. Big Grin

Actually, I've got a huge French one...that could take out a zombie or drunk husband. Laugh out load

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

13-10-2014, 03:15 PM
I can run like fuck... could *probably* bring myself to kill a zombie if it was clear that it was me or them. Got decent hiking/climbing/making fire/navigation skills, know nothing really about hunting or living off the land, so that's a strike against me. Also not much of a team player... Think it's 50/50 that I'd make it.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
13-10-2014, 03:28 PM (This post was last modified: 13-10-2014 03:40 PM by TN Skeptic.)
(13-10-2014 12:01 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 11:45 AM)TN Skeptic Wrote:  I buddy up with someone because I have absolutely no survival skills. I have shot a gun less than 10 times and planted a vegetable garden 1 summer. Sucks for whoever has me on their team.

No no no. You need to brag about yourself.

You're gorgeous. So you could say something like:

"I'm fucking hot. I give these mortal men hope and a reason to live just by my mere existence."

Aww..thanks! That made me smile! I know how to fish (not that I like too), and I can cook too. Oh and I could organize events to help raise community morale!
[+] 1 user Likes TN Skeptic's post
13-10-2014, 04:58 PM
(13-10-2014 03:28 PM)TN Skeptic Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 12:01 PM)Nurse Wrote:  No no no. You need to brag about yourself.

You're gorgeous. So you could say something like:

"I'm fucking hot. I give these mortal men hope and a reason to live just by my mere existence."

Aww..thanks! That made me smile! I know how to fish (not that I like too), and I can cook too. Oh and I could organize events to help raise community morale!

You might surprise yourself, Carol; on The Walking Dead, started out with virtually no survival ability. She has turned into one bad-ass killing machine.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
13-10-2014, 05:03 PM
Speaking of survival, about 1 hour ago "straight line wind storm" came through with a mother fucking wall cloud. As we were trying to leave. The wind was so strong I couldn't open the car door to get back in the house.

Now out at the farm where we have a tornado shelter. I fucking hate tornadoes. I'm drinking wine to chill my nerves. Bracing myself for the next round in another hour or two.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
13-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Well I get my diploma in hypnotherapy on Saturday so I can offer a wide range of services...

Phobias - Scared of getting torn to shreds by the undead?
Weight loss - Because snacking on whatever you can salvage is not healthy longterm!
Anxiety/Stress - Find your own little sense of peace within the apocalypse
Pain management - Shift your attention away from the pain and concentrate on something else..... like the end of civilisation and everything you know up until this point!
Smoking Cessation - Because you need all the lung capacity you can to run/scream!

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
[+] 3 users Like bemore's post
13-10-2014, 06:34 PM
(13-10-2014 04:58 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(13-10-2014 03:28 PM)TN Skeptic Wrote:  Aww..thanks! That made me smile! I know how to fish (not that I like too), and I can cook too. Oh and I could organize events to help raise community morale!

You might surprise yourself, Carol; on The Walking Dead, started out with virtually no survival ability. She has turned into one bad-ass killing machine.

That is true! And while caring for baby Judith!!
13-10-2014, 06:47 PM
(13-10-2014 06:23 PM)bemore Wrote:  Well I get my diploma in hypnotherapy on Saturday so I can offer a wide range of services...

Phobias - Scared of getting torn to shreds by the undead?
Weight loss - Because snacking on whatever you can salvage is not healthy longterm!
Anxiety/Stress - Find your own little sense of peace within the apocalypse
Pain management - Shift your attention away from the pain and concentrate on something else..... like the end of civilisation and everything you know up until this point!
Smoking Cessation - Because you need all the lung capacity you can to run/scream!

Religious delusion? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user