TTA Zombie Survival Skills

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-10-2014, 09:19 AM
RE: TTA Zombie Survival Skills
(14-10-2014 08:57 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Wow, there's lots of great cooks among us. There needs to be a "Zombie Breakfast Special". Brains, easy over with a side of mashed eyeballs and a beverage choice of body fluids i.e. blood or watered down boogers. It's a great morning start to any zombie.
Don't forget Ice-scream and nuts!

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-10-2014, 09:25 AM
Because head shot

[Image: target22a.jpg]

[Image: 1.jpg]

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 6 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
14-10-2014, 08:19 PM
(13-10-2014 10:16 AM)Nurse Wrote:  We need someone to make moonshine.

Done Cool
For personal consumption? Drinking Beverage

[Image: moonshine-jug-13715446.jpg]

As a replacement for gasoline? Drinking Beverage Drinking Beverage

[Image: moonshine.jpg]

Or you want some bonafde zombie repellent? Drinking Beverage Drinking Beverage Drinking Beverage

[Image: splash400.jpg]

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
14-10-2014, 08:21 PM
All and all, zombies are a manageable threat. It's the wacko survivors you gotta watch out for.

[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post
14-10-2014, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 14-10-2014 08:45 PM by TheGulegon.)
(14-10-2014 08:21 PM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  All and all, zombies are a manageable threat. It's the wacko survivors you gotta watch out for.

The bonafide zombie repellent can be smeared onto the tips of your crossbow bolts for a (faster than a bullet to anywhere but the head or heart) quick kill of those! Drinking Beverage
75% chance the body does not rise after death! Tongue
Excl Do not handle BZR without pristine rubber gloves, and eye pretection Excl

Oh. Got guns, too Shy

14-10-2014, 08:51 PM
(13-10-2014 10:15 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I am an excellent driver.

Sorry, couldn't resist! Tongue

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 3 users Like evenheathen's post
17-10-2014, 09:26 PM
Personally, I wouldn't necessarily want to be a part of a clan. And if I were, I'd want to lead the group, because I'm the only one I trust to do so.

Then again, if said clan were just a group of my closest friends, I know there'd be one or two who put more trust in me than in themselves, but mostly everyone would just be doing their own thing. We'd just happen to be together and enjoying one anothers' company/security at the time.

That's the funny thing about zombie shows. They show conflict, but it's all in the name of a narrative. It's all structured. In real life, I feel like there'd be more friction (not necessarily hostility; but friction), and more people opposing or even ignoring the words of a "leader." People tend to be egotistical, and plenty of them think they've got shit handled and that everyone else should listen to them. When they don't, they just go by their own rules and begrudgingly accept that everyone else is doing the same.

So, like I said, I feel like my second scenario is more realistic. But who knows. Maybe if an event of that magnitude brought about circumstances which required very specific tactics in order to combat, maybe it'd work out like it does in Hollywood.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-10-2014, 09:48 PM
I guess this thread is just about the walking dead type zombies. So yeah, melee is the way to go. Your gonna run out of bullets eventually and if you don't have some one in your group who can actually manufacture them your'e screwed. Maybe save the bullets for other survivors who threaten you, also in extreme cases with zombies. okay forget it..listen I just want to hear designs for melee weapons. Come on, anyone got any cool ideas?
I been playing to much dead rising so I kinda daydream about stuff I could use when the zombies comeTongue Pretty much every place I go I see potential weapons. (hey don't you judge me) At my library we got tons of book ends, very solid and could attach them to a pole to make a crude yet effective mace. Could probably melt that stuff down to make an axe head, something cool like that.

17-10-2014, 10:09 PM
Let's see...
I suppose I can keep a level head have few qualms about sending others to die in my place, I know my weaknesses and know to have others more competent do them for me and (relative to the people who surround me) I am fairly strong... Got a streak of practical problem solving creativity...

On the other hand, I've only even touched fire arms of any sort 3 times total in my life, I have fuck-all endurance by my own reckoning and have almost as little coordination so effective melee fighting is out too, I can't cook or grow anything...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
18-10-2014, 12:10 AM
1. My go bag is always packed
2. I don't mind killing things that I can't eat.
3. And best of all, no zombie has ever survived a collision with my 1968 Lincoln Town car
[+] 1 user Likes Pointwithinacircle's post