TTA Zombie Survival Skills

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-10-2014, 05:45 PM
RE: TTA Zombie Survival Skills
That sounds like a whole lot of potential liability. Good thing you'll have a lawyer around.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post
23-10-2014, 06:04 PM
I can cook and garden.
Good at sharpening knives.
I have a repopulation tool that still works.
This apocalypse resume is tougher than I thought.
I didn't realise how useless I am. :-)
23-10-2014, 06:08 PM
(23-10-2014 05:43 PM)MustangManda Wrote:  Engineer here! I could help rebuild society! Experience with aeronautics, spacecraft, logistics, mechanical systems, communication systems, structures... anything and everything on a plane. Huge science buff as well. :-)

Until then, I'm no Tyrese or Carol but I think I could hold my own against zombies. I'm very well-read on zombie literature (big Max Brooks fan, and would definitely take his advice and carry a machete). He makes a point in World War Z that zombies would freeze in the cold and no longer be mobile, so my ideal location to hole up and survive would be northern and on the water where I could fish and hopefully have a source of water.

I'm experienced with every kind of gun but would probably avoid them for noise reasons.

I can garden and grow food, and recently started researching aquaponics (grows both fish and vegetables if you do it right).

Also pretty handy with mechanical stuff, know my way around a car, fixing it, keeping it running, and a helluva driver.

Not remotely squeemish about blood so I'd be handy for medical help and also wouldn't lose my cool with all those gross zombies.

I have a massive stockpile of alcohol that should last me a few years, and after that I'd be happy to resort to "brewing" cider. The natural levels in apples mean that unpasteurized apple juice will naturally ferment when left at room temperature. Northern CA has tons of apple trees, I'd probably migrate that direction.

Also, the hotness. ;-) I'll give those depressed boys a reason to carry on the torch of humanity.
lobotomizer all the way bossThumbsup

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
23-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Im a musician... I'll stop people from going crazy.

I'm an avid martial artist and I love collecting knives Smile

I also love archery!

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way.

-Christopher Hitchens
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Just Another Atheist's post
23-10-2014, 07:27 PM
I've got the conch.

#sigh
23-10-2014, 08:55 PM
And my what a big conch it is Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
24-10-2014, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2014 10:22 AM by kingschosen.)
For Hire:
Coonass Redneck (born and raised in the Louisiana woods)

Skills:
Advanced survival skills including - making fire, edible flora identification, hunting, fishing, and gathering skills (including water), spacial awareness, melee weaponry skills, firearm skills

Arsenal:
Huge supply of melee weaponry, Beretta 9mm sidearm, .22 bolt action rifle (magazine capabilities), 410 single-shot shotgun, Remington Pump 12 gauge shotgun

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
24-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Wow KC, seriously impressed. Are they actually usable those weapons? Or ornamental replicas?
24-10-2014, 10:26 AM
(24-10-2014 10:23 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Wow KC, seriously impressed. Are they actually usable those weapons? Or ornamental replicas?

About half and half. If you look hard enough, you can probably tell which ones I've actually tried out.

So, yeah... about 50-60% are "battle ready".

Edit: Almost all the polearms are ornamental.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
24-10-2014, 11:19 AM
I've always loved the idea of owning a genuine sword.

I've been on the look out for a decent machete for a while now, to add to my survival stock pile. There are so many designs to go for I wasn't really sure which one would be best as it also comes down to which environment it would be used in. I'd also want a really good one that I could rely upon rather than something that looked good.

In a zombie apocalypse I would probably bring two machetes with me because I used to practise the martial art of Kali and really enjoyed fighting with two sticks.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post