Total 13 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

TTA book club

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-04-2013, 02:22 PM
RE: TTA book club
Poor Gatsby and Huckleberry Finn...

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

-Christoper Hitchens, "Letters to a Young Contrarian."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-04-2013, 02:27 PM
Ah well, the fiction is interesting, but there is obviously a theme to the forum that is showing up in the voting.

Evolve
05-04-2013, 02:29 PM
(05-04-2013 02:27 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Ah well, the fiction is interesting, but there is obviously a theme to the forum that is showing up in the voting.

I voted for Animal Farm and Arguably...though the same theme has shown up with me lately. I've read a couple of fiction books lately but mostly my attention has been turning to non fiction for some reason.

I also know that a predilection towards non-fiction is a possible sign of Asperger's.

Oh, happy days.

"Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."

[+] 1 user Likes TheAmazingAustralopithecus's post
05-04-2013, 02:32 PM
I voted for Mortality and The Missionary Position (you can see who voted for what in the bottom left-hand corner)

They have one vote each...

We can try to get to any or all of these at some point and I am looking forward to suggestions for books I would not read otherwise. I think I spit out all of these.

Evolve
05-04-2013, 02:35 PM
I vote for the god delusion since my husband has issued a kindle ban,. I may not buy another book until I've read the god delusion and 50 shades of grey -- all three books. Undecided

Now the grey ones..hell I can knock them off in a weekend....Delusion...well I've tried ro read it before....and failed.

Wind's in the east, a mist coming in
Like something is brewing and about to begin
Can't put my finger on what lies in store
but I feel what's to happen has happened before...

05-04-2013, 02:37 PM
(05-04-2013 02:32 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  I voted for Mortality and The Missionary Position (you can see who voted for what in the bottom left-hand corner)

They have one vote each...

We can try to get to any or all of these at some point and I am looking forward to suggestions for books I would not read otherwise. I think I spit out all of these.

I wouldn't mind seeing some "ye olde" books on here in the future. I've always intended to delve into classical literature but I've never quite been able to do it properly.

The books on this list are a good choice though. I've intended to go back to read God Delusion/God Is Not Great for some time. I often find things make more sense on a second reading (though it'll actually be my third reading if it turns out to be the God Delusion xD).

And we should probably put something less serious like Fifty Shades of Grey up from time to time, haha.

05-04-2013, 02:39 PM
I'll do another poll between the only books with multiple votes. That is because we have an even number of people right now, so if I do an odd number of books in the run-off, we are more likely to get a clear winner. Then we will have a 2nd and 3rd place finisher to give us our next 2 books to read.

Evolve
[+] 2 users Like TheBeardedDude's post
05-04-2013, 02:49 PM
I'll be damned if someone didn't go back and vote again! Oh well. Go to the new thread and we can solidify which is 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

Evolve
08-04-2013, 11:53 AM
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
[+] 1 user Likes Caveman's post
08-04-2013, 11:59 AM
(08-04-2013 11:53 AM)Caveman Wrote:  The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

We will have to put that in for the next round of voting. I have always wanted to read that. I think we have the next 2 picked out after "God is not Great" though.

Evolve