To Save Souls
Looking to hook up
For educational purposes
For Sciency Stuff
To Paractice Debating
To Practice Insults
Where am I?
[Show Results]

TTA by the numbers or What Makes You Stay?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2016, 06:01 PM
RE: TTA by the numbers or What Makes You Stay?
I came for the debates. Stayed for the gay orgies.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Gilgamesh's post
30-07-2016, 06:29 PM
(30-07-2016 03:57 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Bump.

Lots of new faces since the last post. Some have dug themselves in more deeply than an Alabama tick. Thumbsup

Oh come on man, we don't need ticks dug out. Our resident Nurse is out of commission to deal with burrowing blood sucking insects that may get to us all.

Entertainment, I've come to like most of the folks here, nice place to not have my co-religionists tell me I'm hellbound, etc. Can't say I'm trying to use the place as a dating site though, but if any of you want a nice Catholic, I can send you a link to the board I mod. We've had about 9 marriages in as many years. Tongue

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
30-07-2016, 06:41 PM
(30-07-2016 06:29 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  

Lots of new faces since the last post. Some have dug themselves in more deeply than an Alabama tick. Thumbsup

Can't say I'm trying to use the place as a dating site though, but if any of you want a nice Catholic, I can send you a link to the board I mod. We've had about 9 marriages in as many years. Tongue

Had I wanted to marry a Catholic I had plenty of chances. Growing up in a Catholic town and seven years of Catholic school gave me plenty of opportunities to meet a nice Catholic guy. Two guys that may have been possibilities are no longer Catholics so it might not have stuck anyway. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-07-2016, 06:44 PM
I'm only here for the beer.

Tap tap...what is wrong with that damned spigot?!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
30-07-2016, 06:57 PM
I came for the paycheck............

I stayed out of spite..........

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
30-07-2016, 07:20 PM
(30-07-2016 06:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-07-2016 06:29 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Can't say I'm trying to use the place as a dating site though, but if any of you want a nice Catholic, I can send you a link to the board I mod. We've had about 9 marriages in as many years. Tongue

Had I wanted to marry a Catholic I had plenty of chances. Growing up in a Catholic town and seven years of Catholic school gave me plenty of opportunities to meet a nice Catholic guy. Two guys that may have been possibilities are no longer Catholics so it might not have stuck anyway. Tongue
Hey one of our matches was the woman who cheated on and dumped me after 3 years, so she apparently took the chance on another Catholic guy. (Drove her nuts when he and I met and geeked out together.) Tongue And you see, the problem is all that Catholic schooling instead of public schooling; people who go to Catholic school never stay Catholic, be they male or female. Tongue Catholic forums are the real place to meet someone and get married apparently.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-07-2016, 09:20 PM
A big part of why I stayed on TTA (past my intended time of a few weeks) is because I just like the people that I met here. I found that religious beliefs aside, I share a lot of other views -such as political or social- with the atheist community.

I also really enjoy debating Christians and this site seems to get its fair share of them who come here to evangelize. I find debunking Christian theology to be enjoyable, but I won't go to a Christian site and bring the argument to them on their turf. It goes against my principles, but if they want to come to me, I'm more than happy to engage with them.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
30-07-2016, 09:26 PM
mop the proverbial floor with the lifeless ragdoll bodies is more accurate Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
30-07-2016, 11:53 PM

Nice bump.

It's kinda interesting to see what people (including me) were thinking / feeling 2 years ago.

(06-04-2014 08:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  ...
Less and less reason to stay.

As Anj pointed out, the place has become quite a mess.

I guess it became unmessed.

(05-04-2014 09:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There are some things lately that are making it harder to stay. There are people here that I would miss terribly though. I am holding out hope that the forum will right itself again.

I have tested a couple other forums but none are home. If I decide to leave here, which is something I am considering, I won't be doing the forum thing.

But stay you did and it has come to my attention that we missed the chance to celebrate a milestone.

20,000 posts

Quantity AND Quality!

[Image: champagne-social-1109.jpg]
[Image: 4ceab4d62dfce.image.jpg?resize=300%2C450]
[Image: 26974-1.jpg]

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
31-07-2016, 01:49 AM
Not much making me stay atm but force of habit.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze