To Save Souls
Looking to hook up
For educational purposes
For Sciency Stuff
To Paractice Debating
To Practice Insults
Where am I?
[Show Results]

TTA by the numbers or What Makes You Stay?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2016, 03:00 AM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2016 03:07 AM by adey67.)
RE: TTA by the numbers or What Makes You Stay?
I must be a bit dense as I haven't noticed any inappropriate flirting going on. I like this place there are the odd grumpasaurus or two and sometimes I think cultural differences can cause friction and offence where none is actually intended and its also difficult to get the measure of someone's humour and intent with just online interaction. Many people I'm sure find me and my humour irritating hence a low rep count in comparison to how long I've been here but I think generally people know I'm an ok sort of guy and for the most part folks here have been very tolerant understanding forgiving and supportive especially when my dad died, also this forum does generally help to keep me sober and scares away any residual remnants of religious and superstitious thinking.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
31-07-2016, 03:18 AM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2016 03:32 AM by JDog554.)
(31-07-2016 03:00 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I must be a bit dense as I haven't noticed any inappropriate flirting going on.

I do all mine behind the scenes Laugh out load

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
31-07-2016, 03:27 AM
I inhabit quite a few other forums as well. I enjoy debating.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
31-07-2016, 03:32 AM
I didn't vote on the poll because non of it applied to me. I've been a member since 31-10-2015 and this is my 1000th post, I need life Laugh out load. I started questioning my religion since I was quite young, and those feelings carried on stronger and stronger. As a teen I got into Greek mythology, which led me to learn about world mythology, then about other religions. It was very interesting to learn about all these different religions and I saw how most of these religions are similar is some ways. I started asking myself, "What makes my religion right and others wrong? Who decides that?" Science also played a large part in it as well. I think some are afraid to ask questions or even question their religion as to why they believe in what they believe. I started browsing a lot of youtube videos, and articles on bunch of different websites. I wanted to join a community of like minded people, initially I joined a Turkish atheist forum ateistforum.org, I registered, but was never able to login Laugh out load, so I said fucking Turks, they can't get shit done right, and then I found this forum. After posting my introduction post, I got very warm welcome, thought to my self "hmm this could be place where I can openly talk shit about religion and not get judged" and turned out pretty fun Tongue.

1 Like = 1 Prayer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 7 users Like izel's post
31-07-2016, 07:25 AM
(30-07-2016 11:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(30-07-2016 03:57 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Bump.

Nice bump.

It's kinda interesting to see what people (including me) were thinking / feeling 2 years ago.

(06-04-2014 08:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  ...
Less and less reason to stay.

As Anj pointed out, the place has become quite a mess.

I guess it became unmessed.

(05-04-2014 09:39 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There are some things lately that are making it harder to stay. There are people here that I would miss terribly though. I am holding out hope that the forum will right itself again.

I have tested a couple other forums but none are home. If I decide to leave here, which is something I am considering, I won't be doing the forum thing.

But stay you did and it has come to my attention that we missed the chance to celebrate a milestone.

20,000 posts

Quantity AND Quality!

[Image: champagne-social-1109.jpg]
[Image: 4ceab4d62dfce.image.jpg?resize=300%2C450]
[Image: 26974-1.jpg]

Finally I get my crown! Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
05-08-2016, 01:48 PM
(31-07-2016 07:25 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(30-07-2016 11:53 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Nice bump.

It's kinda interesting to see what people (including me) were thinking / feeling 2 years ago.

I guess it became unmessed.

But stay you did and it has come to my attention that we missed the chance to celebrate a milestone.

20,000 posts

Quantity AND Quality!

[Image: champagne-social-1109.jpg]
[Image: 4ceab4d62dfce.image.jpg?resize=300%2C450]
[Image: 26974-1.jpg]

Finally I get my crown! Tongue

Congratulations...I think.
[Image: dronningkrone.jpeg]

In the words of one Chas, weak. Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-08-2016, 02:08 PM
There are a couple of questions from non-atheists that recur here that I enjoy answering. I'm thinking of some like "What are your ethics/values?" or "How do you view society?"

Also, there are a few regulars here than genuinely share my sociopolitical viewpoint, in addition to our mostly shared atheist baseline.

Was going to add more, but I have been chided as being maudlin in the past. So instead I'll just say, a few of you are passably okay. Sometimes. Wink
05-08-2016, 02:25 PM
I used to think I stayed here for the camaraderie and friendship but now I’m convinced I only stay for the derailments. (Chocolate, cheese and more cheese)

[Image: cheese-chocolate.jpg]

Big Grin

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-08-2016, 02:26 PM
(05-08-2016 02:25 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I used to think I stayed here for the camaraderie and friendship but now I’m convinced I only stay for the derailments. (Chocolate, cheese and more cheese)

[Image: cheese-chocolate.jpg]

Big Grin

We had that epic derail-via-muffs (in his absence) yesterday! Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
05-08-2016, 02:27 PM
God. He's a bastard.

#sigh