To Save Souls
Looking to hook up
For educational purposes
For Sciency Stuff
To Paractice Debating
To Practice Insults
Where am I?
[Show Results]

TTA by the numbers or What Makes You Stay?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-04-2014, 10:03 PM
RE: 2014 TTA by the numbers or What Makes You Stay?
Unholy hookups. Obviously.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Caveman's post
06-04-2014, 10:35 PM
I must admit. I'm finding less reason to post and visit. ... I hope it's just a forum phase!

I'll just play the 'can I help you' lick!!!
[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
06-04-2014, 10:47 PM
(06-04-2014 09:03 AM)Dom Wrote:  But mostly, it just feels like home here somehow.

That's got it. Thumbsup

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-04-2014, 10:50 PM
(06-04-2014 10:35 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I must admit. I'm finding less reason to post and visit. ... I hope it's just a forum phase!

I think we all go through it. I left for the better part of last year, came back reinvigorated. Priorities change, the forum does too.

When I visit often and don't find anything that gets my juices flowing I quickly become bored. Luckily Easter is coming and we'll get a tidal wave of Jesus-freaks and things once again will get lively, just watch.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
06-04-2014, 11:00 PM
(06-04-2014 10:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 10:35 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I must admit. I'm finding less reason to post and visit. ... I hope it's just a forum phase!

I think we all go through it. I left for the better part of last year, came back reinvigorated. Priorities change, the forum does too.

When I visit often and don't find anything that gets my juices flowing I quickly become bored. Luckily Easter is coming and we'll get a tidal wave of Jesus-freaks and things once again will get lively, just watch.

It's not the confrontation that I miss. I can go and be antagonistic anytime Big Grin
The tone of the forum is bugging me, not just the rampant hormones but the predictability of how any theist is met on here who isn't a young attractive female. ... I have found myself holding back a lot lately too. Only because I will end up in ridiculous tit for tat arguments with forum members that, for the most part, I really like.

The 'meat' seems to have vanished off the bones if you get what I mean. ... I have even noticed a decline in regularity of a few other posters that I really enjoy.

I like it here though, I will stick about for now. If I dissappear, it wouldn't be permanent but I find less and less compelled to log in.

[+] 2 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
06-04-2014, 11:13 PM
I love this place. It's like home. Almost everyone has made me feels welcome despite my weirdness. My only real friends are here. My only real family besides my sister. Lots of smart people to learn from and fun people to enjoy. I've never been so accepted. How could I ever leave?
Heart Hug

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 5 users Like Losty's post
06-04-2014, 11:16 PM
(06-04-2014 11:00 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 10:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I think we all go through it. I left for the better part of last year, came back reinvigorated. Priorities change, the forum does too.

It's not the confrontation that I miss. I can go and be antagonistic anytime Big Grin
The tone of the forum is bugging me, not just the rampant hormones but the predictability of how any theist is met on here who isn't a young attractive female. ... I have found myself holding back a lot lately too. Only because I will end up in ridiculous tit for tat arguments with forum members that, for the most part, I really like.

The 'meat' seems to have vanished off the bones if you get what I mean. ... I have even noticed a decline in regularity of a few other posters that I really enjoy.

I like it here though, I will stick about for now. If I dissappear, it wouldn't be permanent but I find less and less compelled to log in.

With the private section the hormone issue should die down soon and I will apologize for my part of it. I didn't mean to ruin the forum for anyone. Nobody is perfect and my issues lie in hormones that spent all of my life being rejected. But don't leave. I have nice things to say too. Hug

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 2 users Like Losty's post
06-04-2014, 11:16 PM
(06-04-2014 01:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ...
Roads closed for some such random stupid sporting event involving running, cycling or kayaking?
You must be in New Zealand. Welcome back to the country.

I am. OrcAuckland today. Off to HobbitlandWellington tomorrow.

Only the kiwis would cordon off a road for kayaking!

I too went through a phase of disappointment when I was unhappy with the management in some specific areas.

There are still a few things (well, er, people) who annoy me but I reckon I have a duty (kinda) to give a little back to a place that has been a cathartic outlet for me for two years, so I'll be sticking around for a bit longer.

Sorry to disappoint you, Taq Tongue

[+] 6 users Like DLJ's post
06-04-2014, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2014 11:53 PM by Monster_Riffs.)
(06-04-2014 11:16 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 11:00 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  It's not the confrontation that I miss. I can go and be antagonistic anytime Big Grin

With the private section the hormone issue should die down soon and I will apologize for my part of it. I didn't mean to ruin the forum for anyone. Nobody is perfect and my issues lie in hormones that spent all of my life being rejected. But don't leave. I have nice things to say too. Hug

L&C, you are one of the people I mean, when I say I really like you! ... For clarification, I don't go.
1. Something is annoying me.
2. It shouldn't happen.

I just stop at 1. ... The great benefits of this kind of place are the things I think we all enjoy. Like minded people from all over the world representative of many cultures who otherwise would never meet! Sometimes though, we can boil each others piss Big Grin

I include myself in this list, as I am more than capable of being a cantankerous, surly and contrary prat! (When I grow up, I want to be just like uncle Chas) Smile so I am also sorry if I made you feel compelled to apologise.

My problem with the flirting stuff is only that it caused derailment of potentially good threads!

You my dear, are what we call an international good egg! Big Grin

[+] 3 users Like Monster_Riffs's post
06-04-2014, 11:53 PM
(06-04-2014 11:50 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 11:16 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  With the private section the hormone issue should die down soon and I will apologize for my part of it. I didn't mean to ruin the forum for anyone. Nobody is perfect and my issues lie in hormones that spent all of my life being rejected. But don't leave. I have nice things to say too. Hug

L&C, you are one of the people I mean, when I say I really like you! ... For clarification, I don't go.
1. Something is annoying me.
2. It shouldn't happen.

I just stop at 1. ... The great benefits of this kind of place are the things I think we all enjoy. Like minded people from all over the world representative of many cultures who otherwise would never meet! Sometimes though, we can boil each others piss Big Grin

I include myself in this list, as I am more than capable of being a cantankerous, surly and contrary prat! (When I grow up, I want to be just like uncle Chas) so I am also sorry if I made you feel compelled to apologise.

My problem with the flirting stuff is only that it caused derailment of potentially good threads!

You my dear, are what we call an international good egg! Big Grin
Awe Blush too sweet
I like you too. Smile
I love this place. Possibly more than is normal haha

[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post