To Save Souls
Looking to hook up
For educational purposes
For Sciency Stuff
To Paractice Debating
To Practice Insults
Where am I?
[Show Results]

TTA by the numbers or What Makes You Stay?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-04-2014, 05:32 PM
RE: 2014 TTA by the numbers or What Makes You Stay?
(06-04-2014 11:13 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I love this place. It's like home. Almost everyone has made me feels welcome despite my weirdness. My only real friends are here. My only real family besides my sister. Lots of smart people to learn from and fun people to enjoy. I've never been so accepted. How could I ever leave?
Heart Hug

what weirdness? As far as i can tell,thou haz no weakness

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lightvader's post
07-04-2014, 05:44 PM
(07-04-2014 05:32 PM)Lightvader Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 11:13 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I love this place. It's like home. Almost everyone has made me feels welcome despite my weirdness. My only real friends are here. My only real family besides my sister. Lots of smart people to learn from and fun people to enjoy. I've never been so accepted. How could I ever leave?
Heart Hug

what weirdness? As far as i can tell,thou haz no weakness

I think the same thing about you, love! Hug

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
07-04-2014, 05:58 PM
(06-04-2014 11:00 PM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  
(06-04-2014 10:50 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I think we all go through it. I left for the better part of last year, came back reinvigorated. Priorities change, the forum does too.

When I visit often and don't find anything that gets my juices flowing I quickly become bored. Luckily Easter is coming and we'll get a tidal wave of Jesus-freaks and things once again will get lively, just watch.

It's not the confrontation that I miss. I can go and be antagonistic anytime Big Grin
The tone of the forum is bugging me, not just the rampant hormones but the predictability of how any theist is met on here who isn't a young attractive female. ... I have found myself holding back a lot lately too. Only because I will end up in ridiculous tit for tat arguments with forum members that, for the most part, I really like.

The 'meat' seems to have vanished off the bones if you get what I mean. ... I have even noticed a decline in regularity of a few other posters that I really enjoy.

I like it here though, I will stick about for now. If I dissappear, it wouldn't be permanent but I find less and less compelled to log in.

I hope that you will stay. I think the pendulum is going to go back to level and hopefully some of those that have already stopped posting are watching and will decide to come back.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
07-04-2014, 06:02 PM
Never in my life have I known of such a large collection of genuinely awesome/bad ass/intelligent people to congregate in the same (online) place Shy

Once you've discovered this wonderland of caring, sharing, enlightenment, and learning... why the flying fist-frak would you want to leave!?!?

[+] 6 users Like TheGulegon's post
07-04-2014, 06:05 PM
AWww! Love the love * Hug for everyone*
[+] 4 users Like Hobbitgirl's post
07-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Leave, you'll have to shut the forum down before I leave! To many cool people here for me to leave! Plus I found my Losty here and if you kick me out I am taking her with me so think about that!Tongue

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 3 users Like Crulax's post
07-04-2014, 07:22 PM
Ah, the pendulum will swing again. It always does. I left for a while too, about the same time FC did, and for the same reasons. Checked out some other places, eventually started lurking here again and found myself wanting to post again after the mood changed.

It's a lull, for sure, but it won't stay this way. Part of what makes this place what it is, is due to its continuing change. Other forums become stagnant, this one just has ups and downs.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
07-04-2014, 07:28 PM
(07-04-2014 06:02 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Never in my life have I known of such a large collection of genuinely awesome/bad ass Flex/intelligent people to congregate in the same (online) place Shy

Once you've discovered this wonderland of caring, sharing, enlightenment, and learning... why the flying fist-frak would you want to leave!?!?

fixt

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-04-2014, 07:38 PM
(07-04-2014 07:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-04-2014 06:02 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Never in my life have I known of such a large collection of genuinely awesome/bad ass Flex/intelligent people to congregate in the same (online) place Shy

fixt

fixt? How so? OH...
I did neglect to include you in all 3 of those classifications Blush Bowing

Awesome, Bad Ass, AND, Intelligent Hug

helter skeleter helter skelter helter skelter Tongue

07-04-2014, 07:39 PM
(07-04-2014 07:38 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(07-04-2014 07:28 PM)Anjele Wrote:  fixt

fixt? How so? OH...
I did neglect to include you in all 3 of those classifications Blush Bowing

Awesome, Bad Ass, AND, Intelligent Hug

helter skeleter helter skelter helter skelter Tongue

Flex

I just added this for emphasis! Haha!