TTA confessional for the formerly religious

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-05-2014, 10:43 PM
TTA confessional for the formerly religious
Does anyone who used to be religious wish to confess something they did in the name of religion? I'm thinking of lighthearted things, not anything tragic or truly regrettable. Did you have an autographed poster of a Christian rock band? Proudly sport a 'God is my co-pilot' bumper sticker or 'Jesus freak' T-shirt? Grill waiters to be sure dishes were Kosher? Knock on doors to spread the 'good news'? Pray for your favorite sports team to win? Stand in line for hours to watch "Passion of the Christ?"

Mine is that I loved hokey inspiring Christian films and TV. I shit you not. I watched "Touched by An Angel" every freaking week in college. By then, I was long past considering myself religious, but I still believed in God, and when the angels revealed themselves to their 'assignments' were bathed in that light, and said "God loves you", I ate that shit up! Half the damn time, I cried.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-05-2014, 10:56 PM
RE: TTA confessional for the formerly religious
Ahahaha

I blasted Christian radio regularly while driving around town. so embarrassing No

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
16-05-2014, 10:58 PM
RE: TTA confessional for the formerly religious
Good question.

Will you make us say Hail Mary's after we confess?

I don't think I have any confessions as I rejected it all at a very young age. But I did enjoy bible related quizzes at school ('cause I like quizzes).

So nothing really springs to mind.

No, wait... does deflowering virgins, massacring Canaanites and dashing babies heads against rocks count as "in the name of religion"?

Blush

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post