TTA forum health
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2013, 02:43 PM
TTA forum health
The attachment says it all. I don't plan on coming back to the thread to reply, but if you want to ask a question just send me a pm and I will get an email telling me.

[attachment=1602]

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TheBeardedDude's post
17-10-2013, 02:47 PM
RE: TTA forum health
Pretty graphs. Smile

Frankie de la Cunto
[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
17-10-2013, 02:53 PM
(17-10-2013 02:43 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  The attachment says it all. I don't plan on coming back to the thread to reply, but if you want to ask a question just send me a pm and I will get an email telling me.

Wow, really thought you were better than that. Obviously I wrong, I'm kinda disappointed to be honest.

Attacking KC over the increase of restrictions on the forum is pointless. That has come from Seth. What was KC supposed to do? Try and defy Seth? If anything blame the people who contacted Seth with an over-exaggerated version of events to try and scaremonger during the pedo thing because they couldn't accept not having their own way. What has KC actually done that is so bad? And why does he get the blame solely instead of jointly with Stark?

Oh, and correlation doesn't necessarily equal causation. I woulda thought you knew that man.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
[+] 1 user Likes Hughsie's post
17-10-2013, 02:57 PM
Interesting and a lot of work. But - lots of factors missing to draw any conclusions. Firstly, some of this (no telling how much) is due to variations in newbie influx. There is really not that large a permanent membership here.

So one would need to know what % of posts is established membership and what % is newbies.

Which then begs the google statistics - how did the forum rank in google at these time points. This can be gotten in the google webmaster account for TTA (if TTA ever established one. It should, it's very informative.) This will have a huge impact on post numbers.

The presented stats are interesting but at best a third of what would be needed for a proper site analysis.

Your conclusions have no proper foundation without the rest of the data.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
17-10-2013, 03:05 PM
? I don't know how those numbers reflect on KC in any way....

Web surfers are fickle, bore easily and are subject to the affect of seasons. Membership uptick and downtick has more to do with Seth's public presence and social media virility than forum moderation. The numbers are interesting but the hypothesis is shaky at best.

[+] 6 users Like ridethespiral's post
17-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Okay, I don't really get it. I like you TheBD, but, this isn't about the end of the world. It's a forum, for people to talk to eachother, and share this and that or argue the fuck out of eachother. That's the internet for you. Form what I've seen, very few new members go full time here. There are about five people maybe that showed up after me joining in March that have become full-timers that I've noticed, people like Lightvader or BrokenQuill. And about KC being a bad admin or whatever; I know forums that will ban you for using a smiley. This place usually runs itself for what I know.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 2 users Like ELK12695's post
17-10-2013, 03:27 PM
that's the most absurd data interpretation I ever seen in my life. Those projections! MY GLOB!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 8 users Like nach_in's post
17-10-2013, 03:32 PM
(17-10-2013 03:27 PM)nach_in Wrote:  that's the most absurd data interpretation I ever seen in my life. Those projections! MY GLOB!

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
17-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Hmm. I see the numbers going up and down. My prediction is that they'll continue to go up and down. Ohmy

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 10 users Like evenheathen's post
17-10-2013, 04:20 PM
"The reasons why members are leaving is varied, but if I were to venture a guess I would say it has to do with the forum trying to become more restrictive. "

The introduction of these new ill conceived and poorly worded rules have certainly changed the face of the forum and turned a lot of members off (myself included, I just got nowhere else to go Weeping ). Kids trying to play legislators reminds me of Lord of the Flies. And yes, we did kill Piggy, errr I mean Erxomai.

(17-10-2013 02:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  Your conclusions have no proper foundation without the rest of the data.

That's right. You need to do a proper statistical trend analysis to draw any conclusions instead of just presenting the data. And you probably need to account for the loss of the outlier Piggy, errr I mean Erxomai, in any such treatment. Tongue

But the effort is appreciated and think it could serve the basis for a proper statistical treatment.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
Thread Closed