TTA forum health
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-10-2013, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 17-10-2013 08:57 PM by earmuffs.)
RE: TTA forum health
Are you fucking retarded?

And of course you wont reply to this thread, you know your interpretation of the data is fucking stupid and you're too much of a pussy bitch to defend your claim.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
17-10-2013, 10:49 PM
Well, looks like this has been peer reviewed.

I'm happy here. (That's not saying much though, I'm pretty happy anywhere. Sick, I know.)
[+] 3 users Like LadyJane's post
18-10-2013, 01:38 AM
As a newbie here I can say that I don't give a fuck who admin is.
I am a member of another forum since 2005, that forum has more than a million users , used to be a mod there and have over 14k posts. From that experience and from other forums I am a member , I can say that I don't think that KC is the problem here.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
18-10-2013, 01:41 AM
(18-10-2013 01:38 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  As a newbie here I can say that I don't give a fuck who admin is.
I am a member of another forum since 2005, that forum has more than a million users , used to be a mod there and have over 14k posts. From that experience and from other forums I am a member , I can say that I don't think that KC is the problem here.

Would you say there is a problem here, and if so what would you suspect that is?
18-10-2013, 03:13 AM
What I see there is just noise. I've been here for a while. The forum shifts and changes.

I've got to put some more work into it maybe. Give it another small makeover. I dont think it effects number too much. It does make a small difference. Seth has the greatest invluence on this forum. He is why we found this place.

Sure, forum drama may cause us to lose some members from time to time. It sucks but that is life.

Sometimes people leave a d come back later and that is always good. One of the charms of this place. You can always come back and people will accept you.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
18-10-2013, 08:17 AM
My god, you have a huge dinoboner for me, apparently.

I mean... are you for real?

There are so many fallacies laced in your data, that I shouldn't even be addressing this.

I do want to point out, TBD, that you're acting EXACTLY like a YECtard. As ironic as it is (because you like to fight against YECs), you are using their playbook to a T.

You're relying on variable data to create a conclusion. You're adhering to the typical fallacy of "correlation does not equal causation", you are slathering on copious amounts of confirmation bias, while using pseudo-science to back your claim.

Internet forums ebb and flow. There are a million different reasons for people leaving and posting from something someone saw that Seth posted, to the season of the year, to someone saying something to someone else.

I believe those spikes in the data were when Seth mentioned us on the podcasts and told people to come to the forum. Also, there was fallout over the pedo thing (which I wasn't an admin) and the FZU thing (again, not an admin).

As Hughsie said, I have simply obliged Seth's requests when it comes to adding new rules... that's it... likewise, I manage the day to day of the forum which doesn't affect the forum unless I ignore it.

You're really no different than the YECs you vilify. They get behind a cause and get blinded by everything else; twist their data to coincided with their cause. You found your cause - you're now no different. You've abandoned logic in this case.

Congrats, TheBeardedYECDude.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
18-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Fucking KC. You really ought to stay out of these threads and let your minions handle it.

For instance, here the data speaks for itself, and what it says is Hobo

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
18-10-2013, 09:39 AM
I'm seeing this:

And thinking this:

Also, coming back to post this after LEAVING FOREVER because EVERYTHING IS RUINED?

That's not classy.

... this is my signature!
[+] 4 users Like cjlr's post
18-10-2013, 09:44 AM
Specifying events that were going on during the times mentioned (months after FZU? and the pedophile issues) where a lot of people were involved doesn't point to any one person as being the cause for what went on.

Looking for a scapegoat seems to be something that some people need to do in order to bolster their own stance. Doesn't mean it's accurate.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
18-10-2013, 09:49 AM
(18-10-2013 01:41 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 01:38 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  As a newbie here I can say that I don't give a fuck who admin is.

Would you say there is a problem here, and if so what would you suspect that is?
I don't see a really big problem, but I do see a lot of room for improvement.

Like some technical stuff, optimizing the forum to show up in search engines for things like "pascal's wager" or "kalam's cosmological argument".... , should bring more people in.
I googled "pascal's wager", forum is nowhere to be found.

Also, I think mods should do more ( like they are doing anything now Big Grin ) , create interesting threads for one , you shouldn't wait for some member to make a thread about US gov. shutdown i.e.
In general create more diversity and interesting topics to attract more people, and keep the ones you have interested.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
Thread Closed