TTA forum health
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-10-2013, 09:49 AM
RE: TTA forum health
(18-10-2013 09:28 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Fucking KC. You really ought to stay out of these threads and let your minions handle it.

For instance, here the data speaks for itself, and what it says is Hobo

Can't help it.

It's the Irish in me.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
18-10-2013, 10:31 AM
(18-10-2013 09:49 AM)Slowminded Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 01:41 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Would you say there is a problem here, and if so what would you suspect that is?
I don't see a really big problem, but I do see a lot of room for improvement.

Like some technical stuff, optimizing the forum to show up in search engines for things like "pascal's wager" or "kalam's cosmological argument".... , should bring more people in.
I googled "pascal's wager", forum is nowhere to be found.

Also, I think mods should do more ( like they are doing anything now Big Grin ) , create interesting threads for one , you shouldn't wait for some member to make a thread about US gov. shutdown i.e.
In general create more diversity and interesting topics to attract more people, and keep the ones you have interested.

THIS is the kind of thing I expect to see under a title that refers to "forum health". Constructive suggestions on how to take this (somewhat new) community and actively improve it by CONTRIBUTING to the forum, instead of restricting.

This is why I supported KC as admin in the first place. When all this bullshit settles down, this forum is going to see a leader emerge that they didn't expect. Someone who will improve things by adding to the community, not by taking things away. This, coupled with the mature, common sense that Aurora has displayed more times than I can count, and you got the makings of one hell of an awesome place to be.

Slowminded, I encourage you to start a thread or two in the suggestions section of this forum. I think many people here would be interested in what you have to say. Count me among them.

The forum isn't changing folks, it's already changed. They can be positive changes if we use them in a positive way. Quit fucking bitching about shit that's already done as though it's harming the forum. It's how you are reacting to what done that's harmful.

I'm a HUGE advocate of free speech, but some people need to learn when to just shut the fuck up.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 14 users Like Stark Raving's post
18-10-2013, 12:18 PM
I very much agree with slow about the search engine optimization.

There is no reason why we can't optimize for important atheist keywords.

How we appear in Google, Bing, etc. determines the type of people who come here. It shapes the forum.

We should figure out what keywords we want and then think about how to best integrate these in a way that impresses the search engines.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
18-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:Slowminded, I encourage you to start a thread or two in the suggestions section of this forum. I think many people here would be interested in what you have to say. Count me among them.
Thank you , I've been here only a month, I feel it's not my place to make some official suggestions thread , but ok, if I come up with something really interesting I will.

Here's an idea that might work, I think it's good to engage new people on a more personal level, try to make them feel like a part of the community by letting them know about you and giving them a chance to introduce themselves in a way they see fit trough interacting with the people who already put themselves out in the open, sort of speak.
Don't know if this will work with you, bunch of damn introverts. Consider Big Grin

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 1 user Likes Slowminded's post
18-10-2013, 01:17 PM
Wow, TBD. I always had a lot of respect for you (it was on my recommendation you were made Mod) but it's rapidly dwindling. I doubt you'll ever read this but I have no desire to take TTA stuff over to AF where you will see it. I was saddened to see you being an even bigger dick about the situation here over there than you have already been in this thread. Claiming a couple of hours ago that KC is still the sole Admin is a purposeful lie. Claiming that us appointing a theist Admin is some convoluted and botched attempted at "tolerance" whilst them doing the same is honest "diversity" is laughable.

I really thought you better than all this. I guess I was wrong.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
18-10-2013, 01:19 PM
(18-10-2013 01:11 PM)Slowminded Wrote:  Thank you , I've been here only a month, I feel it's not my place to make some official suggestions thread , but ok, if I come up with something really interesting I will.

Course it is. I would love to see more threads making suggestions. It's so much better than the ones telling you everything you do is wrong but failing to offer any sort of alternative.

And so what if you've only been here a month? I'd recommend people to make suggestions in their first hour here if they think they've had a good idea. Smile

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
18-10-2013, 03:09 PM (This post was last modified: 18-10-2013 03:47 PM by Dark Light.)
I concur with Hughsie on this 100%. This attempt to scare people with misplaced and exaggerated assertions laying blame on a single person is disappointingly stupid. Assuming the data could accurately provide a basis for a prediction of the forum's
'health', it still does not make KC the target of the blame, but let me break it down for you.

Your definition of 'forum health' as ppm is fucking stupid. If we have a bunch of shit-starters on the forum just posting to stir shit up and we get rid of them our ppm will go down, but by my reckoning the forum is still much healthier.

You place all this blame on KC. Why? What action monstrously affected the forum? What action did he take? The new rules? Who made that decision? Does KC wield enormous political power and rule unilaterally with an iron fist without oversight? You know why people think KC has done good job? It's because he has. Your problem with KC is just that - Yours. The general forum consensus is that he did a good job, because he has.

If you can't get over the fact that KC is an admin perhaps the forum isn't a place for you anymore. Use your best judgement.

18-10-2013, 03:37 PM
... And poor old TBD's predictions come right again, with everyone *abusing* the poor boy, *not even reading his careful research* etc.

Beardy... come back ya big twit. You've made a giant ass of yourself but *it ain't illegal* to do so.

I think you've somehow flipped a switch in your brain though. You're not being rational about this shit at all, as far as I can make out. So I highly doubt any amount of discussion will change your mind, and sarcasm's just gonna confirm your idea that somehow everyone over here hates you now.

I will miss your posts and cool info about fossils, and your incisive arguments with theists (when you could be arsed, which wasn't often, but the results were... spectacular Big Grin ). I won't miss this bloody moaning - if you disagree then disagree like a normal person.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 5 users Like morondog's post
18-10-2013, 05:03 PM
(18-10-2013 03:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  I think you've somehow flipped a switch in your brain though. You're not being rational about this shit at all, as far as I can make out.

When you start having visceral reactions to someone else's metaphysics, whether it's Christian to atheist or atheist to Christian or anything else, some introspection might be warranted.

#sigh
18-10-2013, 05:07 PM
(18-10-2013 05:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(18-10-2013 03:37 PM)morondog Wrote:  I think you've somehow flipped a switch in your brain though. You're not being rational about this shit at all, as far as I can make out.

When you start having visceral reactions to someone else's metaphysics, whether it's Christian to atheist or atheist to Christian or anything else, some introspection might be warranted.

Introspection is always warranted. No trigger necessary.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
Thread Closed