TTA iPod Compilation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2013, 08:31 PM
RE: TTA iPod Compilation
If you like "classic" rock and "stoner" music, you should really check out Ghost. (Recently changed to Ghost B.C., due to copyright issues in the US) Their sound is wonderfully retro, but they're quite new.

The only put-off I can envision is that their lyrics are so highly and unabashedly satanic. They don't take it seriously - it's all for theatrics - but they play it up to the fucking hilt. When I first discovered them, I fell in love with the fact that their lyrics are so satanic that it was funny (especially with the squeaky-clean vocals they use), but what kept me around is the fact that their music is actually very, very good.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Misanthropik's post
19-04-2013, 08:49 PM
(19-04-2013 08:31 PM)Misanthropik Wrote:  If you like "classic" rock and "stoner" music, you should really check out Ghost. (Recently changed to Ghost B.C., due to copyright issues in the US) Their sound is wonderfully retro, but they're quite new.

The only put-off I can envision is that their lyrics are so highly and unabashedly satanic. They don't take it seriously - it's all for theatrics - but they play it up to the fucking hilt. When I first discovered them, I fell in love with the fact that their lyrics are so satanic that it was funny (especially with the squeaky-clean vocals they use), but what kept me around is the fact that their music is actually very, very good.

You're right about the lyrics being redonkulous, but I agree, it's pretty good music. For me, it was reminiscent of a dialed back metal, without a shredding guitar solo and screeching vocals. (Not that there weren't solos, but they seemed more simply melodic than a guitarist who tries too hard to be technical while showing off his ability to play fast and loud). I give them 1.5 Thumbs up out of ThumbsupThumbsup

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-04-2013, 08:58 PM
Zeppelin
Doors
Hendrix
Stevie Ray Vaughan
Lindsey Stirling
Crosby, Still, Nash, and Young
Blue October
Bob Dylan
Eric Clapton
Traffic
Evanescence
Fleetwood Mac
Stevie Nicks
The Mad Violinist and the Symphony Crack Orchestra
Alice in Chains
Metallica
Marilyn Manson
Rob Zombie
Pearl Jam
REM
Rod Steward
Santana
2Pac
Eminem
Skrillex

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-04-2013, 01:07 PM
(19-04-2013 08:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  *removed to paste underneath with commentary*
Zeppelin - got most of it
Doors - def got it
Hendrix - got it
Stevie Ray Vaughan - got it
Lindsey Stirling
Crosby, Still, Nash, and Young - got it
Blue October need it
Bob Dylan - need it (only got one)
Eric Clapton - got most of it
Traffic - ooooh...
Evanescence - finally, someone I can't stand
Fleetwood Mac - got it
Stevie Nicks - searching...
The Mad Violinist and the Symphony Crack Orchestra - bemore got me into him
Alice in Chains - ex liked them to death, and so it's not worth the memories
Metallica - got lots of them
Marilyn Manson - got it
Rob Zombie - need more
Pearl Jam - mmmm Sleepy
REM - really? oh, okay... got it Big Grin
Rod Steward - only one song of his I have that I really like, and it's with ACSS
Santana - hell yes! (gets moar)
2Pac - so much of his stuff is on a backup cd somewhere...
Eminem - ever hear the Verve "Symphony of Life" and "Lose Yourself"? Mashed those up
Skrillex - Filox got me into them. Thumbsup

Thanks Anjele!

To all you fine folk, I will update with a list of what I got and a list of idea of what I think I need.

For now, I need some World music. Not just English, folks. I'll take Engrish, though. Big Grin

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
21-04-2013, 01:25 PM
(21-04-2013 01:07 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  For now, I need some World music. Not just English, folks. I'll take Engrish, though. Big Grin

How about some Cesaria Evora for a mild, testing-the-waters kinda venture into "world music" (what a meaningless term anyway... to paraphrase (possibly) Louis Armstrong: All music is folk world music.)?

And a faster one, because she has a lot of those, too (I'm just a gloomy broad Rolleyes ):

And another caboverdean artist, who's quite good:

I like all sorts of other "world music": Breton, Galician, Icelandic, other Caboverdean artists, some Angolan ones... But I'm a junkie, there is no hope for me anymore...

Oh, and 'cause you speak French:

This one is actually very appropriate for an atheist site:

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
21-04-2013, 01:43 PM
(21-04-2013 01:25 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(21-04-2013 01:07 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  For now, I need some World music. Not just English, folks. I'll take Engrish, though. Big Grin

How about some Cesaria Evora for a mild, testing-the-waters kinda venture into "world music" (what a meaningless term anyway... to paraphrase (possibly) Louis Armstrong: All music is folk world music.)?

And a faster one, because she has a lot of those, too (I'm just a gloomy broad Rolleyes ):

And another caboverdean artist, who's quite good:

I like all sorts of other "world music": Breton, Galician, Icelandic, other Caboverdean artists, some Angolan ones... But I'm a junkie, there is no hope for me anymore...

Oh, and 'cause you speak French:

This one is actually very appropriate for an atheist site:

Really like that last song! I knew I could count on you, Vera! Hug

*SAVES*

[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
21-04-2013, 01:56 PM
(21-04-2013 01:43 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Really like that last song! I knew I could count on you, Vera! Hug

*SAVES*

The Soldat Louis one? Those guys are really good. And funny. You should definitely check them out.

(I quite like fado, too, but it's on the gloomy side. And the lyrics - in Portuguese - play a great part in why I like it.)

(Still, I'll post a couple of songs, for the heck of it Big Grin)

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
21-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Cheap...look for Rob Zombie...American Made Music to Strip By (a different take on his stuff)

Rod Steward...hell's bells...that's why happens when I type that much...look for his old stuff...deep cuts, not the stuff that had big radio play.
Having said that...Maggie May is one of my favorite songs.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
21-04-2013, 02:45 PM
German music??? Gaelic??? Russian??? Japanese??? Chinese??? South African???

(com)Pile it on!!! Big Grin

21-04-2013, 02:50 PM
(21-04-2013 02:45 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  German music??? Gaelic??? Russian??? Japanese??? Chinese??? South African???

(com)Pile it on!!! Big Grin

Okay, one last one and I'm done, seriously. But I do love Breton music (and Denez Prigent) so much Heart

(Love Scots Gaelic, (the language that is) btw, but mainstream Celtic stuff is rather easy to find).