TTA newbie question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2013, 04:34 PM
RE: TTA newbie question
People may post whatever they like as long as they feed me first.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
31-05-2013, 05:03 PM
(31-05-2013 01:11 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  what is the policy about religious types coming here and 'spreading their awful news'?

I come here to escape that- I get enough of that garbage in my day to day life.

being new here- I don't know what's tolerated and what isn't.

can someone explain?

This forum, to my understanding, has held a long-standing policy regarding the Freedoms of conscience, speech and expression.

That policy being that they are generally granted to all members of the forum, regardless of their ideological, theological or philosobull positions.

This, naturally, includes Theists and Atheists alike, did it not, that would be unfair discrimination, I am unsure as to policy there; but I am fairly certain the Admin would frown upon it. (Not to mention it would give the Theists ammo.)

This forum was not only built as a place for international community for atheists and our ilk (that includes you too, you indecisive Agnostics!) ; but also as a place for discussion.

I hope that answers your question, Bows.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
31-05-2013, 05:37 PM
See Bows? True to form we have the rager himself bombarding your thread with what he thinks are ideas worth sharing. Respond at your own risk, but generally speaking, there's nothing to see here, folks. Quietly move along.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
31-05-2013, 05:56 PM
Egor, you are the best proponent for Atheism ever.

You prove, post after post, that most of us here don't want to deal with theism in our lives. You aren't even able to decide what you believe in.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
31-05-2013, 06:59 PM
(31-05-2013 05:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Egor, you are the best proponent for Atheism ever.

You got that right.

(31-05-2013 03:19 PM)Egor Wrote:  Girl, we live in a world that has a God and that God has to be guarded by men with words.

You got yerself one fucking pussy God right there, Ego®. My God is far more immediate and powerful than yours. My God can lift close to a quarter ton rock off the ground. Your God can't lift dick.

(31-05-2013 03:19 PM)Egor Wrote:  Who’s going to do it, you?

I'm your huckleberry.

This is not my signature.
31-05-2013, 07:07 PM

(31-05-2013 03:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  And back to form. What happened to the touchy feely new age shit you were peddling? Not enough of a flock for you to pump your ego with? Yeah you're real moderator material here.

I transform one of the most famous lines in movie history into a parody, and you don't get the joke. I even put a clip of the movie scene.

And you have freethought and Angeli agreeing with you.

You people baffle me. Atheism must just totally destroy one's sense of humor or else it's those who have no sense of humor that become atheists.

I am totally baffle. Blink
Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2013, 07:12 PM

(31-05-2013 05:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Egor, you are the best proponent for Atheism ever.

You prove, post after post, that most of us here don't want to deal with theism in our lives. You aren't even able to decide what you believe in.

Like I said, you baffle me. How can you take this shit so seriously? How can you think it matters? How can you have 0 sense of humor?

I WAS MAKING FUN OF A FEW GOOD MEN. You know, the movie?

Incredible. [Image: 8%20(2).gif]
31-05-2013, 07:16 PM

Did you know that in all forms of mental illness, where it is bad enough to actually impact the person's life, the first mental function to go, inevitably is the sense of humor. You can't joke with a psychotic, they won't get it and it usually just makes them paranoid. The only think concretely. You can't joke with a depressed person, you can't joke with a manic person. And these people can't make a joke either. The mentally retarded can't take a joke or make a joke (that's funny), because they think too concretely.

People who become really obsessed with a cause usually have no sense of humor either--again, it's the first thing to go. In fact, if you have a sense of humor, it's a really good indication of mental well-being.

Just sayin...

But I guess a sense of humor is all relative. I had someone at work tell me the show "The Big Bang" was just HILARIOUS! I tried watching an episode and the strained jokes like Girly's up there, and the forced canned laughter that came over at a slightly higher volume than the show grated on me. I can't watch thirty seconds of it without becoming...pissed off. So, maybe my parody of A Few Good Men as an answer to the OP just didn't hit the mark. After all, this is SERIOUS stuff. We human beings will burn the world over whether or not God exists. And I need to realize that and drop this whole sense of humor crap.

By god. [Image: angry-smiley.gif]
31-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Egor...you aren't funny...you are sad.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
31-05-2013, 07:21 PM
(31-05-2013 07:12 PM)Egor Wrote:  Like I said, you baffle me. How can you take this shit so seriously? How can you think it matters? How can you have 0 sense of humor?

I WAS MAKING FUN OF A FEW GOOD MEN. You know, the movie?

FYI, you suck at sarcasm. Read a few of TrainWreck's posts before you try again.

This is not my signature.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post