TTA newbie question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-05-2013, 08:46 PM (This post was last modified: 31-05-2013 08:52 PM by Revenant77x.)
RE: TTA newbie question
(31-05-2013 07:07 PM)Egor Wrote:  
(31-05-2013 03:35 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  And back to form. What happened to the touchy feely new age shit you were peddling? Not enough of a flock for you to pump your ego with? Yeah you're real moderator material here.

I transform one of the most famous lines in movie history into a parody, and you don't get the joke. I even put a clip of the movie scene.

And you have freethought and Angeli agreeing with you.

You people baffle me. Atheism must just totally destroy one's sense of humor or else it's those who have no sense of humor that become atheists.

I am totally baffle. Blink

The problem is that it is too close to stuff you wrote and meant not very long ago. You remember all those posts you edited. As far as humor goes it might have worked from someone who's a stoic but for someone with wild mood swings it's hard to guess that was a parody.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Odindammit, Egor. I hate to agree with you but I did find myself smirking when I read your post. I thought it was pretty good. But Girly's posts are genius, so suck macack.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
31-05-2013, 09:31 PM
(31-05-2013 07:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(31-05-2013 07:12 PM)Egor Wrote:  Like I said, you baffle me. How can you take this shit so seriously? How can you think it matters? How can you have 0 sense of humor?

I WAS MAKING FUN OF A FEW GOOD MEN. You know, the movie?

FYI, you suck at sarcasm. Read a few of TrainWreck's posts before you try again.

Wait the fuckaminute! You're saying Trainwreck is just being sarcastic?

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
31-05-2013, 10:46 PM

my bad, multiple post.
Quote this message in a reply
31-05-2013, 10:46 PM

(31-05-2013 08:46 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  The problem is that it is too close to stuff you wrote and meant not very long ago.

It was a parody. It didn't work. Nevermind. Let's move on. Now I've lost my sense of humor. I feel like I'm at work.

Quote: You remember all those posts you edited.

You know, this is the second time I've heard this paranoid crap. Is that what you all have for truth? The shit you make up that fits? I haven't edited any of my posts. You need me to be a hater of atheists, but I'm not. But you need me to be, but you can't find where I wrote it, so fuck it--make it up: He edited his posts. It was always there, but he went back over all the time he's been here and edited 'em all.

I've said it once, I'll say it a million more times: Atheists are the new Young Earth Creationists. What you need to do in order to believe what you believe is mindboggling.
31-05-2013, 11:29 PM
(31-05-2013 07:16 PM)Egor Wrote:  Did you know that in all forms of mental illness, where it is bad enough to actually impact the person's life, the first mental function to go, inevitably is the sense of humor. You can't joke with a psychotic, they won't get it and it usually just makes them paranoid. The only think concretely. You can't joke with a depressed person, you can't joke with a manic person. And these people can't make a joke either. The mentally retarded can't take a joke or make a joke (that's funny), because they think too concretely.

People who become really obsessed with a cause usually have no sense of humor either--again, it's the first thing to go. In fact, if you have a sense of humor, it's a really good indication of mental well-being.

Just sayin...

But I guess a sense of humor is all relative. I had someone at work tell me the show "The Big Bang" was just HILARIOUS! I tried watching an episode and the strained jokes like Girly's up there, and the forced canned laughter that came over at a slightly higher volume than the show grated on me. I can't watch thirty seconds of it without becoming...pissed off. So, maybe my parody of A Few Good Men as an answer to the OP just didn't hit the mark. After all, this is SERIOUS stuff. We human beings will burn the world over whether or not God exists. And I need to realize that and drop this whole sense of humor crap.

By god. [Image: angry-smiley.gif]

Nah. It's because it's you posting, so when they probably should be parsing deeper meaning, they're distracted by loading the torpedo tubes. I didn't get the joke either, but then again, I wouldn't think proselytizing even as a joke in this thread would be funny. People are actually emotionally damaged because of theism, in case you missed it.

And this mental health stuff made me feel kinda special. I got my sense of humor even as I'm having a suicidal meltdown.

Of course, peeps don't think suicide is funny either. Meh, what can you do?

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-06-2013, 12:56 AM

(31-05-2013 11:29 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Of course, peeps don't think suicide is funny either. Meh, what can you do?

No one is damaged by "theism."

You people need to get some perspective on life.
01-06-2013, 06:16 AM
(01-06-2013 12:56 AM)Egor Wrote:  No one is damaged by "theism."

You people need to get some perspective on life.

You don't pay much attention to what goes on in the world do you?

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
[+] 2 users Like FSM_scot's post
01-06-2013, 06:19 AM
(31-05-2013 01:11 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  what is the policy about religious types coming here and 'spreading their awful news'?

I come here to escape that- I get enough of that garbage in my day to day life.

being new here- I don't know what's tolerated and what isn't.

can someone explain?

Everyone has the freedom to post here. Luckily the forum is large enough that its fairly easy to avoid these sort if posts. Taking a break from browsing the atheism and theism section helps.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
01-06-2013, 10:55 AM
(01-06-2013 06:19 AM)FSM_scot Wrote:  
(31-05-2013 01:11 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  what is the policy about religious types coming here and 'spreading their awful news'?

I come here to escape that- I get enough of that garbage in my day to day life.

being new here- I don't know what's tolerated and what isn't.

can someone explain?

Everyone has the freedom to post here. Luckily the forum is large enough that its fairly easy to avoid these sort if posts. Taking a break from browsing the atheism and theism section helps.

So... I was right. Yay!

Big Grin

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post